Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Class action suit

I spoke with a law firm, a class action suit will be filed. The engineers of this game/app promote scammers and cheaters. They allow stronger cars to compete with much slower cars. New people lose their campaign cars. It just so happens, u have to pay real $$ to continue, even if your lucky enough to win the class car in a pinks, you're still require to pay real $$ to finish campaign. If you want a fair race, you need to join a team, and partake in "turf war". Where once again, in order to be competitive, you need to spend real money. This app is also riddled with bugs and glitches. It crashes, lags, ties, DNF's, and scammers use them all. The community is the largest group of scammers in the app industry! The game company knows of all these issues, but do nothing to stop them. After showing attorneys what happens, and then compare to other apps that have servers and online competition, Racing Rivals is the biggest scam out there. Cie/GLU are thieves, they can easily stop the cheating and the scamming, but it grows their bottom line.....there are laws out there that protect consumers, stay tuned.....it is a lengthy process.
Prev1

Comments

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    You can have any legal inquires directed at Glu.

In the meantime make sure your legal staff goes over our Terms of Service

http://www.glu.com/terms
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• King DavidKing David Registered Users 181 Posts
    LOL is OP Jeff?
  • merk210merk210 Registered Users 3,038 Posts
    LoL lawyers really?? you're the one getting scammed by the lawyers. If YOU decide to pink YOUR car, how is that the fault of glu/cie or anyone else really?? besides, do what anyone else would do, clear the data and start over and move on with your life. Common sense goes a long way, sorry you're on such a short trip. Good luck with ur case LoL
  • cat9801248cat9801248 Registered Users 340 Posts
    Monkey your a dumbass learn who and who not to race your fault you lost your car why your at it learn how to tune and spending money on this game is your own problem you dont have to spend money if you know how to tune thats your own chice to spend real money on this game the money your wasting on a lawyer you could spend to replace your car idiot
  • FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    It's a game. Get over it and get on with your life
  • Monkey businessMonkey business Registered Users 13 Posts
    It's your terms that raised the red flag, your wording is accurate. Your protecting yourselves from the game dynamics in a fraudulent way. You don't warn users or young minds at all on the scamming nature of your app dynamics. The foul language that you support even here in the forum is just more proof of your forgivings to bullish behavior. It's fraudulant, misleading, and your terms protects nothing. I've already received numorous parents with support to the observation. NO other app supports such behaviour....
  • mikeaveli504mikeaveli504 Registered Users 516 Posts
    Hahaha they state that car trades are not supported. And if you hit the ? At the top it warns you of people giving "free cars".
  • DarkWaltzDarkWaltz Registered Users 57 Posts
    There are actually several legal issues glu and cie could be facing right now. There is a Consumer Protection Agency for a reason. You wouldn't go to a bowling ally and pay to play 10 frames and they say, hey you have to pay extra for the round ball, you can only use the oval ball, and you can only play on a lane where sombody has a round ball, oh by the way, if you pay a little extra we will let you take 10 steps closer to the pins. wierd analogy but... there are issue's here.

I will say as a side note we as a community do have the power to get the company attention, for starters put your freaking wallets away...nuf said.
  • mikeaveli504mikeaveli504 Registered Users 516 Posts
    Im suing too. For mental anguish and loss of income. My gf left me for a one legged midget cause I played rr too much. I lost my job cuz I was turfing all night and couldn't make it to work. I couldn't eat or sleep cuz I lost my favorite car and I get nightmares of the light counting down and me fouling. Lol
  • Cantdoit87Cantdoit87 Registered Users 308 Posts
    Would just like to add, let the guy do what he wants to do....who is anybody to judge anybody for their own life decisions.....even if its a game its only a microcosm of the real issues in the world on a miniature scale.....so what the guy wants to take legal action, he has valid reasons and who knows what will happen, in the end the consumers are the ones putting their time and effort and hard earned cash into this online application....I think the point here is as a whole we all should probably start focusing on the things in our own realities we need to change, and not worry about anothers that has no bearing on our individual lives.....lets all just get along :cool:
  • Speedy Gonzales 03Speedy Gonzales 03 Registered Users 48 Posts
    This is quite depressing. Your spending money on a lawyer when your complaining about "scammers" and other stuff that involve wasting money on a game. It's not just this game that stuff like this happens too. Go play fifa ultimate team for example. Let's pretend you wanna make a trade. You will have to put your player up for auction. Allow the other guy to win and he would have to do the same. You don't think he won't take your player and just bounce. Common let's be serious now... Your going too far because your really salty about a game.
    Its just a game like I said before if you spend your hard earned money on this game thats your problem not glues or cie if you lose a car to someone faster thats your fault not theres you can always go to there garage and look at there tq to see if theres is better than yours if it is dont pink them common sense will tell you that its people like you that will get this game shut down because of your stupidity cie warns you that you dont know whats under there hood you should follow that piece of addvice
  • Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    jesus christ monkee, hit me up and I'll give you a free car
  • SpencerSpencer Registered Users 294 Posts
    I spoke with a law firm, a class action suit will be filed. The engineers of this game/app promote scammers and cheaters. They allow stronger cars to compete with much slower cars. New people lose their campaign cars. It just so happens, u have to pay real $$ to continue, even if your lucky enough to win the class car in a pinks, you're still require to pay real $$ to finish campaign. If you want a fair race, you need to join a team, and partake in "turf war". Where once again, in order to be competitive, you need to spend real money. This app is also riddled with bugs and glitches. It crashes, lags, ties, DNF's, and scammers use them all. The community is the largest group of scammers in the app industry! The game company knows of all these issues, but do nothing to stop them. After showing attorneys what happens, and then compare to other apps that have servers and online competition, Racing Rivals is the biggest scam out there. Cie/GLU are thieves, they can easily stop the cheating and the scamming, but it grows their bottom line.....there are laws out there that protect consumers, stay tuned.....it is a lengthy process.

kobev_zps526349fa.gif

• JamesGJamesG Registered Users 815 Posts
    King David wrote: »
    LOL is OP Jeff?
    I doubt it. Jeff would actually find a valid reason to sue.

This is hilarious.
  • protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts

so you've got a class action suit did you buy this suit at Target so you got a tank top and some booty shorts from li at Target and you think you deserve something else like li underwear good job mate get a life
  • custom 600custom 600 Registered Users 166 Posts
    Its a goddamn game for christsakes. Gtfo it. Its ur silly fault for getting this game in the first place and its ur silly fault for pinking a car that was ur campaign car. Its not cie / glu issue, its ur fault bro, no one elses. Like y spend real money on lawyers when u can spend money to get the car back bro. So uncool
  • Monkey businessMonkey business Registered Users 13 Posts
    You people are too funny, and very judgmental. The average player of this "game" are minors, laws apply. Any company as an ethical responsibility. The ethics of this company is supported by scammers. They can easily stop it, but chose not too, and easy to prove. They make $$ off of the actions of scammers and cheaters....again, very easy to prove. Their terms only supports their ethical practices. What makes you think I'm paying for a lawyer....again, you shouldn't speak if you don't know your ass from your elbow. I have numorous e-mails sent.....with no reply from the company, I'm not the only one, as many have submitted the same, with videos and screen shots of the malicious activity, and zero response from CIE/GLU. Kids/minors play this game more then adults. It's not that hard to prove this company evolves and profits from malicious actitivy and they (cie/GLU) support, refusing to fix. key here.....they make a profit off of scams and glitches.....you kids are have no idea of the legal system, like I said, it's a lengthy process, People keep sending me the unresponsive e-mails and evidence of malicious behavior that is not being corrected.
  • hexxum001hexxum001 Registered Users 3,954 Posts
    Spencer wrote: »

kobev_zps526349fa.gif
    LMFAO!! That's a great gif.
  • Xmen272000Xmen272000 Registered Users 13 Posts
    Whao monkey business you are exactly what is wrong with society now a day. Law suit over a game. Dude. Don't play the game get over your shit.
  • baddogg22baddogg22 Registered Users 3 Posts
    To me this game reminds me off 1320legends with all the issues of cheaters and hackers. Hopefully it will get better i miss the good days of 1320legends
  • Red Gas 425Red Gas 425 Registered Users 18 Posts
    I'm not totally against monkey on this lawsuit thing. Granted there are things in this game that we as players can prevent ourselves like realizing not to pink if we don't want to lose our car, however there are things that cie/glu can do as well to help make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Right now there is an issue with getting in the game that is the topic of many posts on this forum. The same problem occurred a few turfs ago. There are other glitches and crashes that have happened several times over the last month or so. What is cie/glu doing about that? There have been some discussion in the forums about racers room jumping and having a higher rated car in a lower rating lobby. Is cie/glu concerned about that even when most of us racers are? Maybe a class action lawsuit is what we as racers need to get cie/glu to get the problems fixed that we as a racing community who play their game have asked them to fix.
  • King DavidKing David Registered Users 181 Posts
    JamesG wrote: »
    I doubt it. Jeff would actually find a valid reason to sue.

This is hilarious.
    Makes sense.
    hexxum001 wrote: »
    LMFAO!! That's a great gif.
    He got the gif game on point keeing it 100
  • BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    They (glu) sure as hell dont care anything
    About us at least cie would give you free cars & gems to try and smooth things over
    When there was a major malfunction these glu guys could fing care less !
  • BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    Oh yea by the way here we are
    In the middle of a turf and cant even log into the game lmfao !!!
  • L2ITATTOOL2ITATTOO Registered Users 46 Posts
    Just gonna throw this out there. It would be easy to code in safe trading in game. They dont. There's a reason for that. Its because money can be made outside the game and not raped by the suits and shareholders. This game unlike others is small in scope so suits arent really concerned with this issue as it effects them not at all. Once a safe trade method is put in place cash (paypal) transactions plumit on third party sites. I'm not gonna sue though. Gotta save my doe for more gems. Just sayin.
  • L2ITATTOOL2ITATTOO Registered Users 46 Posts
    Maybe that's why we are getting (500) error. It's code for Lawsuit guardian up.
  • Cantdoit87Cantdoit87 Registered Users 308 Posts
    Well......once again the servers are down, due to incompitency......nobody there to fix these simple servers on a Saturday....Nobody on call to come in and handle the quick reboot process....Wow a game that makes probably close to 1 mill a week with all their revenue cant even keep their servers running during the busiest times in turf.....I bet you if half these people logged in and all of their car were missing they would want some sort of compensation eh? ;)
  • protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts
    L2ITATTOO wrote: »
    Just gonna throw this out there. It would be easy to code in safe trading in game. They dont. There's a reason for that. Its because money can be made outside the game and not raped by the suits and shareholders. This game unlike others is small in scope so suits arent really concerned with this issue as it effects them not at all. Once a safe trade method is put in place cash (paypal) transactions plumit on third party sites. I'm not gonna sue though. Gotta save my doe for more gems. Just sayin.

It's so easy it's so easy everything is so easy for you except unplugging
    Yall kill me it just this simple if you dont like the game and keep complaining about it delete the dam thing and monkey you need to get a life all games have problems you have sevral million people playing this game at once your gonna have problems and suing a game because you lost your car wow and who cares if there is a bunch of kids who play this game they cuss just as much as they grown people do on this game and scam as much to so get yourself a life and grow the hell up and sending a ticket in takes time say 20 thousand people send cie or glu a email it goes by order they were sent I think they do the best they can I dont see why they should have to work 7 days a week to keep this game running yeah it sucks about the error 500 but thats just part of playing a game if you dont like it delete the game
This discussion has been closed.