Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

ATTENTION ALL Administrators, Player Moderators, Moderators and Racers.

NavyVetNavyVet Registered Users 182 Posts
I was reading a post (Influx of accounts for sale?) put up by Player Moderator - ShinBeats, he also put a poll on that post asking why people (racers for the rest of this post) were leaving and he is getting a lot of answers and some good ideas on how to better the game. I will say I have not been playing long, only since 9/8/14, and I can see why Racers are upset enough to leave. I'm going to stick around for a while because I think things can only get better IF the Racers (Technically Customers) with ideas on how to improve the game are listened to, with that said Racers that suggest ideas also have to understand that this game is a business and is out to make money so your idea may not make good "money sense" or may have to be molded, massaged and tweeked to make it good "money sense" so you can't get upset if your idea is not used or is changed in some way.

I have come up with some ideas of my own, other Racers may have had the same ideas or something close to these. I haven't "stolen" the idea, I just haven't read every post. I know some will like some of these and some may have away to make them better, I am fine with all of that. Also let say I AM NOT a computer guru or genius so I definitely do not know what it takes to make changes in a game.

HIGH PRICES....I agree with a lot of players when they say prices are too high. I don't know where any of these prices come from, like Toyota Supra costing $87,500, or a Chevy Camaro costing $105,000, and there are many others. These prices should be close to "real world" prices or the car should come partly modified already. I think adjusting these prices and having a GEM/DIAMONDS price along with a cash price and maybe even a combo price would be better. Parts are high also, I mean it should not cost $ 206,987 to take a SRT Viper GTS from Stage 2 to PRO and again these prices could be adjusted and have a GEM price, Cash Price and a Combo Price.

WAIT TIMES .......Racers "TUNING" up or down should not have to wait the times we have to wait, especially if you already own the part that is being installed, those should be instant. I know you can pay GEMS or watch a video but some Racers try to hold on to GEMS for certain things every Racer is different on that and a lot of times videos are just NOT available....for some reason? I get that message a lot. And waiting for repairs is ridiculous especially once you get "B"Class and above, my 2009 SRT8 Challenger, I get the fewest races with and it can take over 9 hours to repair and my almost Stock SRT Viper GTS-R takes over 15 HOURS, that's NOT good when you are in TURF WARS and only have a small garage to choose from or if you are in a "that car only" race. WAIT TIMES need to be addressed and adjusted some how to improve the game.

ENGINE DAMAGE...This is a realistic part of the game, it stinks but in real life you modify an engine things are going to happen but it doesn't happen that fast. I saw and liked the idea of "No damage if you win a race, damage goes to the loser." I'd support this idea. I would also like to suggest in the case of a false start and a DNF that the Racer who Red Lights or DNF take the engine damage, why should the other Racers engine be damaged?

PINKS/BOOSTED....Should have its own lobby, that way there is no ranting, pouting or crying if you loose a race, if you are in that lobby you know what you are up against. Race AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

BETS....Gems should be added to this and the challenger should be able to start the bet stakes.

FRIEND INVITES...a Racer should not be allowed to invite a "Friend" to a lower lobby than what that racers car is rated, they usually harass and pick on lower rated cars and I think that just turns some people away from the game.

CAR RATINGS...We should be able to see the the cars rating that we are challenging or getting ready to race. We all know or quickly learn that all rating start with 16 so just put the last 2 digits in the corner of the available racers car picture.

Now the BIGGIE! I'm sure to get some support and flak for this idea..........

THE SALE OF "TUNES".....Let me start by saying I have NEVER and will NEVER buy a "TUNE". I'd rather be learn to do it myself or be taught to do it. My idea for this "HOT TOPIC" is this....In the game stores have to be created and IF a Racer wants to sale legitimate "TUNES" he /she has to buy a store from CIE GAMES / GLU MOBILE for a SMALL fee that is either paid monthly or yearly through PayPal), Racers may want to start with monthly to see if they can stay in business and if business is good move to yearly, this can be tweeked, also for the "Business Owner" advertising my be enticing so if a Racer buys a TUNE from a trusted store (Racers should be able to leave feedback) that Racer gets a decal that they have to put on their car before they can race it and if repainted the decal does not go away. It can only go away if the TUNE is changed, if changed and changed back....decal comes back, this could lead to teams seeking a TEAM sponsor, if a store gets a team sponsor I would think CIE/GLU should get 1-3% from the store, after they are in business to make money too. This could work for car sales too buy creating Car Lots operated by Racers. All sales would be RR Cash, Gems, Combos and if real $$$ is agreed on that would have to be done through PayPal, both parties are protected that way. IF a Racer "SCAMS" another Racer and it's proven the "Scamer" LOOSES EVERYTHING, MONEY, GEMS AND ALL CARS go to the "SCAMMED". PLUS the "Scamer" is banned from RR.

Ok I think that's enough to get Racers going, plus I've been logged out 10 times while typing this....What' up with that by the way???

Time to go RACE, See y'all on the strip!!!!

Comments

• Jon926Jon926 Registered Users 438 Posts
    sorry bro i cant read all this maybe next time
  • MarkhinMarkhin Registered Users 84 Posts
    These prices are silly. They are not overpriced at all, but atleast you can buy cash.
  • Scooter boyScooter boy Registered Users 6 Posts
    I agree that prices are too high and wait times too long .. But my biggest issue is the game crashes . I've put cash money into a game I like so much but it's damn unpredictable. Also agree on car ratings info . One should be able to see the challengers stats .
  • DarkWaltzDarkWaltz Registered Users 57 Posts
    Navy thanks for taking the time to actually write a meaninful post. I do hope it doest fall on deaf ears because the trend it f2p is #$%# the customer, there idea would require they get out of there leather chair and walk down to dev/rnd department an actually inform them of this idea. Meh, !#$%5 it, it's only 30 mins till lunch.

Any way I have played well over 100 regular game (tried literaly thousands), and 99 percent of them don't even read the message boards they have an agenda and a marketing plan, when it no longer produces the desired results they find that it's more effecient to just launch a new app.

sadly there is a disconnect from there numbers and reality. Way to many games are prematurly expired due to the fact that it still has a lot of meat on the bone so far as profit goes, but they do not have the skill lvl as programers to correct the issues there customers are concerned about.(after all modify the code and make a progressivly better game was not in the original marketing plan)

So I, Like you am gonna sit back and watch the train wreck, or I will write the first post in 10 years how a company was able to recover from disaster and how much I respect them for that.

Any way thanks for being pro active it does actually help my mental condition to see that SOME people do care, and arn't just little lemmings leaping off the cliff with the rest of them.
  • SelfiesSelfies Registered Users 41 Posts
    Ahaha i agree everything is really overpriced, and the wait time is ridiculous.

I also had a few ideas in mind, not sure id they've been said before but me and my friend discussed that it would be a cool idea to make the Daily Drivers Challenge a little bit better.
    By "better" i mean :
    -1/3 Chance of a multiplier bonus.
    -1/3 Chance to win some gems instead of money.
    And my favorite in my opinion :
    Driver challenges should be against ACTUAL players, to give it somewhat of a challenge not just something you do every day for some money that doesn't help the nearest bit.

I also think there should be something we can do after campaign instead of multiplayer, maybe like some extra game features like tournaments elimination and stuff of that sort.

MAYBE even, something like a drivers challenge, but slightly different it would be one car, driven by a bot and we would get the Power, weight and torq. We than half to guess the approx. time it would run and if we are in the rang of .500 sec we would get that prize.

Just throwing ideas out there wasn't really thinking them through just tossed em out there
  • Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    Say that 3 times fast
  • KingklutzKingklutz Registered Users 3,510 Posts
    DONT FORGET AUCTION HOUSES!!!!!... Glu are becoming the next EA, kinda sad really, EA ruined every game they made... Now it's glu's turn to completely Fck up their franchise... Good luck glu, your gonna need
  • JdmlowkieJdmlowkie Registered Users 1,200 Posts
    Okay i could not understand what Kenny said but I got some points where I agree and disagree with you first the things I disagree with car ratings no we shouldn't be able to see the ratings when you racing irl u can't see under the hood of your opponent, next gem betting glitchs for getting gems could be shared then everyone would have huge amounts of gems, next boost should not have separate lobbies but maybe some sort of "no power adders" turf event in which neither boost, turbo, or sc is allowed, next gem cars having rr cash prices money glitchers which I think are back would be able to buy every single car in the game with doing anything also cash farmers would be able to do the same thing, now the things I agree with you engine damage is a good point and I like your idea wait times I like that too the prices aren't over priced they're just silly ones like markhin said that's all form me...
  • NavyVetNavyVet Registered Users 182 Posts
    I guess the Administration does not read the players posts or it's true what others say "They don't care!" They will care when all the players dump their game and move on to something else.
  • EnCRypTedEnCRypTed Registered Users 644 Posts
    Ideas are great. I agree with most of them. I don't think gems or some others will ever happen. The joining friends in lobby. Should still be turf lobby setup to make more "fair". I don't even race when no turf is going. As for seperate lobbies (especially turf) for boosted or pinks. That's part of the fun. I don't always pink or boost for that matter. But that's the adrenaline factor. Just my .02. Overall still a great game I think. Every game no matter real life, playstation, Xbox, etc. will have cheaters and hacks. That's life, not the game. Hope they improve some. But overall it's fun. But indeed---prices are too high! Could make more money on fair rrc prices rather than farming and member to member as it is pretty much required now to keep playing.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    All really well thought out suggestions NavyVet. Some of them we've talked about here in the office. As you said, changes and the like need to make sense money-wise as well.

I'm still catching up from my vacation so I'll try and comment in more detail on some of the points you made when I get more breathing room.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Ryyst, thank you for your reply and I am looking forward to your additional comments when you are able to catch your breath. I just think if racers would put out positive ideas to help improve this game verses negative comments things could improve. In my opinion this is the best racing game for mobile devices. Is it perfect no, will it ever be probably not ONLY because everybody's idea or version of perfect is different. Also racers need to understand that if our ideas are used in any capacity it takes time to make / program those improvements and even then the improvement might have a flaw or glitch that has to be worked out, therefore we ALL have to use something called PATIENTS , I know we all have it in some capacity.

One last thing to those that just have to be negative and bash the game....IF you think you can make / program a better, more perfect racing game I suggest you take your money or pool it together with all of your friends money and see how that works out for you, I guarantee you it will not be as easy as you think.
  • RandyPRandyP Registered Users 1,010 Posts
    Those are very interesting points, especially the part of the stores.
    I really hope the will do something with this, instead of just ignoring it.

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Okay, here we go...

Prices: It's been talked about here and there, nothing formal or official. As I understand it these prices are based on game economy not real world prices. It's easier to make "money" in the game than in the "real world" and the prices need to sort of reflect that.

WAIT TIMES/ENGINE DAMAGE: Lets be honest, we're a game company. We have expenses, wages, etc. Of course we want to make money, we aren't in the business of charity. Wait times are an inconvenience. An inconvenience you have the opportunity to speed up. To do so you need to spend gems, and you get gems from mostly purchases. Most games use some sort of Energy system. Where you are limited by how much energy you have. Its a nessesary evil. Except we don't employ that. Your car accrues engine damage, repairs take time. Installing parts, takes time. But that doesn't stop you from using another car. While there is a "time sink" similar to energy, our system allows you to keep playing in some way whereas others do not, unless you purchase the means.

We understand you already own a part, so installing it should be instantaneous. However, if you think about it. If you swapped out a part in your car, that would take time and labor. This gives us the opportunity to again to monetize. You don't have to, but if you don't want to wait, you can use gems.

As for damage. If you race, you put your engine to work. Regardless of winning or losing. So yes, your engine will be stressed when racing. In cases of ties, we treat it as if the race never happened, so thats why there is no damage when you get those results. DNFs technically happen for both racers, just one doesn't finish, so technically you still race. I can see about suggesting that DNFs also do not result in engine damage, no promises though.

PINKS/BOOST LOBBIES: interesting idea, I'll see about it. We do have some changes regarding boosts, so look for more info on that soonish.

GEMS USED IN BETS: Pretty sure this has been shot down. Cash is used for player to player races. Gems are used for other things.

FRIENDS AND LOBBIES: Something that has come up but no decisions have been made. I'll bring it up again.

CAR RATINGS: At one point they were visable. That was a bug. It was never an intention to show them. We want to keep a bit of mystery when you see someone's car. You never know what's under the hood. Showing ratings became more of a numbers game. We want the uncertainty.

SALE OF TUNES: We don't really like the idea of players selling to other players, in any form. It adds a whole new level to the game and a lot more mechanics that at this time we don't feel is right for us.

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    How about just labeling the lobbie it's self.

As in what performance lobbie you are in then some letter and number combo.

I also suggest a bot room option. So I can just race your bots lol
    Ryyst you do know my rant is against corperate glu, but you are there face so, please its not personal, but I do have issue with glu.
    My theory is they never will do anything with RR, what they ARE doing is using existing code and the game engine and concept, etc. They will launch a new game with glu branding, and as players move to the new game this one will just die. RR is to closely associated with CIE, it does the glu brand no good. Just my 10 cents is all.

glu is not capitalized on purpose btw, glu is not a legit and proper name imo.
  • SpencerSpencer Registered Users 294 Posts
    ol' sesko novel post writin' bro.

• protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts
    I remember NavyVet. I banked him and took his ST I in pinks.
    protecmeaura, you must have dementia, you have NEVER banked me (what ever the hell that means) and since I started playing I have only lost 1 car to a pinks race (That was NOT to you) and that was a Honda S2000 and I have not lost another car since then because I do not race for pinks. I have the same STI I have always had so quit beating on your over inflated chest before you hurt yourself.
  • R311R311 Registered Users 221 Posts
    I love the Player-Store Idea.. It can be met simply by (as someone has suggested) adding an Auction house in the game.. The store is Owned by CIE/GLU but the items are owned by the the Players. the seller will set the price (RR Cash ONLY due to avoidance of abuse), buyer pays to the auction house, and the two Cash and Goods transfers after the time is up (adding instant buy is good too). Cie/Glu may decide to add a tax to all sales made for services rendered..

/I miss WoW
  • EDDIE HONDAEDDIE HONDA Registered Users 79 Posts
    I agree in alote of your ideas as they are very smart thought out and nicely said , but have to desagree on showing the car ratings and a pinks lobby.I know people wana know the stats for the cars their about to race but it will take the fun out of the game if you guys wana know the stats is easy to look at their garages and study the torque and weight of each car and from that knowing if its maxed or not if stats where shown alote of people will chicken out and the game losses fun just study the cars and do your research.Im glad that the admin is taking notice to this and hopefully makes some changes in the future and i do agree to that this is the best racing game ive played on a device everrrr no doubts on that.
  • DavinsheDavinshe Registered Users 78 Posts
    Leave the game as is. Mystery is good, and things should be expensive so no everyone can owned them. I love to pink and play to win gem cars.