Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Can't see car ranks

Josh3235Josh3235 Registered Users 122 Posts
Idc if this was done on purpose, CHANGE IT. YOU GUYS RUINED THE GAME BY DOING THIS. I'm sure it makes some people think you guy's are on the hackers side. STOP MAKING THE GAME EASIER FOR THE HACKERS AND LOSERS THAT GO INTO LOW RANKED LOBBIES WITH HIGH RANKED CARS. Please fix it, or I'm quitting and I'm sure thousands of others will too.

Comments

• cagedbullcagedbull Registered Users 184 Posts
    Yes it's preventing a lot of people I know from wanting to play.
  • Josh3235Josh3235 Registered Users 122 Posts
    I also play on an iPad 4, why did you guys make the icons small like it was designed for the iPhone? Everything was perfect before, except we couldn't join teams, and there was the displacement part glitch, but other then that, THE GAME WAS PERFECT. Thanks for ruining the game.
  • Francky the BossFrancky the Boss Registered Users 14 Posts
    Same thing here ... No cars score !! And i have a teamares who can see it !! Fit that or a lots of person will quit !! You really ruinned the game with that ...
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    The change about not seeing another player's rating was intentional as it was never intended for you to be able to see another person's car rating. Technically in real life, you would just see a person's car. Same concept here.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

I've known it was intentional, makes you guys more money since we can't tell whose a hacker and who isn't. Thanks for siding with the hackers and not helping your customers. And technically, in real life, you can't hack a car to make it go as fast as they make it go in the game, if you want to get technical.
    The hackers are going to be some of the only people left playing. SO GOOD LUCK MAKING MONEY OFF OF THEM!!!!!!! Oh wait, they hack, they don't need to spend money. Please use common sense.
    Oh yeah, and if it wasn't intended in the first place, why did you guys have it in the game this entire time????? Such a liar. You guys decide to change it now to make more money. So greedy.
    We are doing what we can to combat hackers on our end. We have in fact been banning players for hacking for weeks while studying what they do. Then we try and come up with better ways of making sure that the hackers don't win. Common sense would also say we want legit players to continue to play and enjoy the game, and we're doing what we can.

[QUOTE=[RR] Ryystron;n753]We are doing what we can to combat hackers on our end. We have in fact been banning players for hacking for weeks while studying what they do. Then we try and come up with better ways of making sure that the hackers don't win. Common sense would also say we want legit players to continue to play and enjoy the game, and we're doing what we can. [/QUOTE]okay, I'm glad. It's just actions speak louder than words. I have noticed a lot of hackers are gone, still some out there, but I have noticed a difference. If you guys keep people from bringing their high ranked cars into low ranked lobbies, I don't see a problem with not seeing a cars rank. But thanks for doing what you guys can.
    Continue to report hackers and other issues, continue to make suggestions and we'll do what we can to make this game better.

• cagedbullcagedbull Registered Users 184 Posts
    There was a hacker today in one of my lobbies. A 1662 C class scion frs? Not possible. The seeing rank is the only way to race fair. Without it only maxed cars will race and will spend more time repairing than anything else.
  • iitz_teohiitz_teoh Registered Users 8 Posts
    This is a bad idea... Taking the rankings out. A guy with a maxed car can join a lower lobby from his friends and take money / cash. just my 2 cents.
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    I just downloaded the update but have been unable to play due to it freezing on the home screen.. BUT I REALLY wish I would have seen this post before downloading the update.. I am about $170k away from buying a Stella which I have been saving for weeks for.. And now I'll be betting blind? C'mon now.. I'm sorry to say but I think you just ruined the game for me... Hey caged, remember the bait and switch you tried to pull on me? Well imagine now how well that'll work for you haha.. I haven't been able to play so I can say for sure how I'll react, but.. We'll see I guess
  • jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryystron;n757]Continue to report hackers and other issues, continue to make suggestions and we'll do what we can to make this game better.[/QUOTE]
    It is going to be a lot harder to report hackers if we cannot see their cars rank. The only way a hacker is going to show his face is if he is racing for big money or racing for pinks. I dont know about the rest of everyone on here but for me I'm just not going to do that. And because of that we will never know who the true hackers are anymore. I see what you guys were trying to do and I respect that. I also remember people saying (before the forum went down for fix) that they wanted it to be like this, my thought was exactly this. That you will not be able to know if a scammer or a hacker comes into the room until its too late. Yes, before there weren't much hackers, but now that there is this part of the update is kind of irrelevant and actually puts a hinder on a legit racer just trying to earn a honest buck. lol. Again I see where you guys are coming from but in the time of now I would have to agree with everyone else that it was not the best choice.
  • BootyshockaBootyshocka Registered Users 75 Posts
    This will kill the game, I won't race anyone for any kind of money,this way, and actually in real life you usually know what kind of car you are up against, I run my 68 Camero in a 1618 class, that leaves me open to be up against someone in a B class car that could be 1660. So no more betting and that is the way most are going to be
  • BigDaddy6-7BigDaddy6-7 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Put the power level back on its only way to know without losing a dam.m car if the racer is a hacker
  • JoeyJoey Registered Users 11 Posts
    Not being able to see the rankings was a terrible idea. I'm not playing or spending anymore money until that's fixed.
  • ouaouaouaoua Registered Users 5 Posts
    Only bad thing about the update (if you allow me to express my opinion) the complete absence of car ratings...

Ok i can understand your philosophy with regards to this matter (it was very easy to ''read'' one's cars), but I'm sure you can find a way to give at least a rough idea about a car's potential... (doesn't have to point exactly at a car's potential but can be left rough in a decade... For example with the old system you had a car 1663. With the new system you could place a rating 166 which means that the car is between 1660 and 1669). It would be very helpful for everyone I think.

Otherwise the hackers will make a big party and the adrenaline of the game will be lost since no one will be betting PINKS or high stakes anymore...

Even before i challenged for PINKS with similar car rankings and only 1 out of 20 accepted... Imagine the rate now...

Thanks for considering my opinion
  • MaxedOutMaxedOut Registered Users 206 Posts
    I like not seeing the rating , but I've been a street racer for over 20 years . When we did see the rating hackers had a low ranked car that was way faster and took ur cash or cars....so really what the rating gonna do...I lost a car to a hacker, but oh we'll I have more . So really what does ratings really mean...I'm not Greedy if I can win 100-1000 on a race I'm good, never liked to pink any ways, I have 2 cars I don't care about I'd pink them but some ppl pinks is all they do.. Half my cars I got from showroom, I enjoy building em and seeing how fast I can go
  • MaxedOutMaxedOut Registered Users 206 Posts
    I've played and watched races on here to know what certain cars run...I have most of my cars maxed or close...so if u race ur car and it's a 1 stage set up yeah u will probably get beat, that ur fault make ur car faster, that name of game