Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

TO TOP 50 TEAMS PLEASE READ, 2 week strick!

gfolkgfolk Registered Users 21 Posts
To ALL team leaders, specifically those in the top 25..... I think it is time that WE all unite and strike turf wars for 2 weeks! Due to these errors and the lack of response from glu. They need to understand that WE are the ones paying their bills.

I ask that you spread the word and commit to a 2 week strick!!! We will put this together here!

Comments

• Options
    redlinecalredlinecal Registered Users 208 Posts
    no one will stick to that even if some did the higher teams would move down
  • Options
    gfolkgfolk Registered Users 21 Posts
    That is fine... As a leader of a top 10 team.. I am prepared to step my team down! We spend countless dollars on gems ect. To be were we are. The other teams do not! Gems = top teams. a decrease in sales will decrease GLU revenue.
  • Options
    budjarredbudjarred Registered Users 287 Posts
    It would be very helpful tho if they did because more then likely these are tge people who spend the most money on the game... for those who might get offended because i just said that; i meant spending money for gems . obviously not for cars or rrc.. ok? That wasnt a cut towards ur ability to race. But back to the strike, id be FOR the strike. Although im always on a top 101 team :( because im a top 101 player..it would also giveus guys a chance to win a car for once... which brings me to my next question/idea/comment If i was a consistent top idk 1-50 team or team leader; i would have 18 regular team mates and keep one spot open to offer it to a middle class player like myself each turf. The benefit would be they not only get to win a turf car (possibly would be their only one they) but also the opportunity to learn from top players how to legitimately race and lead a good team.. but thats probably just a fantasy cause the rich help the rich to stay rich..just a good thought tho... thedukeIII goid luck guys
  • Options
    WOW my bad i guess i shouldve read gfolks message before i posted mine. I said the exact samething as him. Thank u Gfolk. Thank u for considering the middle class. U might be one of few that actually considers or cares about us lil folk. Im glad to see that there are people like u in the top 100. Ur a good guy gfolk.
  • Options
    Bump bump bump. Sorry gfolk i didnt realise u were the one that started this topic
  • Options
    razor406razor406 Registered Users 18 Posts
    I would love to be given the chance to win a turf car and learn from top 1-100 teams what it really takes to win turf beside of course lobby tuned cars and buying gems for boost....but also how to lead a team I almost became team leader of my team but didn't because I felt I wasn't good ebought even though I was top 5 in point during the past few turfs in team..add me in-game would love to learn from you guys razor406
  • Options
    Megatron27Megatron27 Registered Users 311 Posts
    I own 2 top 25 teams and I will talk to my teams about this. I'm all for it. I'm tired of losing cars, getting errors, and losing accounts. They need to fix their customer service and start looking out for the people that keep them in business.