Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Cutting Team Size

ComancheComanche Registered Users 2 Posts
CIE please give us more time to do this. Why in the middle of turf war challenge brought such a drastic change? This is unfair to the teams that have been moving up and making a run at the top. All it will do is promote team hoping as we go. Please wait a week to let established clubs work through this mess

Comments

• Options
    Saibot StrandedsoulSaibot Strandedsoul Registered Users 49 Posts
    Why even do this at all.... Boo.... When I play, there are usually only a handful of teammates on, and this is going to cut that in half :(:(
  • Options
    ComancheComanche Registered Users 2 Posts
    I agree. People are complaining about All Stars. Did MLB break up the Yankees when they were winning everything? No it just makes me and my team want to challenge them more. So instead of seeing them in first and or second they will take up the first 2-4 spots now.
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    We did this for several reasons. Most teams do not have enough active users to make them a truly strong team. If only half your team is usually on (25) then you would have a fully active team after the team reduction. This also allows more teams to compete for these top spots. I understand the concern of pink all stars now becoming 2 dominating teams, but with only half the members they will have a harder time keeping the top spot. Also with the top 25 teams getting prizes now instead of 10 we increase the chance for more people to get up there. As for giving you more time to set up what your new team will be we needed to have this take effect before the next Turf Wars or it would have been even harder. Change is hard guys, but not always bad.
  • Options
    swag420swag420 Registered Users 129 Posts
    i think this change is going for the worse because honestly even with extending prizes, you figure the top 10 teams all break into 2 then that's 20 teams taking 20 of the top 25 teams, as for them being harder to beat they still going to have the same amout of actives as everybody else, this change I almost guarantee will not be for the better ur breaking up the familys
  • Options
    capt_seamencapt_seamen Registered Users 18 Posts
    I agree with [RR] Foxx. Change is hard but makes things more interesting.
  • Options
    PANGWAWAPANGWAWA Registered Users 177 Posts
    more team means that they can pink their comrade during turf war much easier....... this is super big loop hole for them to boost the turf war points, they will return the car to their mates after the turf war
  • Options
    ESPESPESPESP Registered Users 176 Posts
    Can anyone tell me how Pink All Stars always seems to win Turf Wars?

Does anyone even come close to beating them?
  • Options
    ESPESPESPESP Registered Users 176 Posts
    Thanks for the explanation! I can understand trading in the cars for points as I have done a few myself and it is BIG points and it helps the team.

Much appreciated, happy racing RRP! :)