Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

How do you buy/sell cars?

DrifterilyaDrifterilya Registered Users 1 Posts
I seem to read a lot of things about people buying/selling cars. How do you actually do it?

Comments

• Options
    mikey pittzmikey pittz Registered Users 391 Posts
    Well, first off, it is all about trust. You need to trust the person you are buying from or selling to. Only because you are not guaranteed the car or cash. Its quite simple to sell or buy through another user. You give money to the person you are buying from by challenging them, raising to the amount of cash required, then foul to transfer the money over. Then the user on the other end will have to challenge you and raise to pinkslip. That user will then foul. He/she gets their money, you get your car. BUT before making a deal, i highly suggest you ask around or even search on forums. I myself have been scammed in the past and it isnt too pleasant.
  • Options
    *=(Franz 27)=**=(Franz 27)=* Registered Users 66 Posts
    That's good advice, if I may add, it will help the transaction go smoother if buyer and seller agree upon a specific process of how the transfer takes place, I.e. Some people want you to chicken out, or others will want to do a specific amount of transfers with a specific amount each, while others want to do a single lump sum transfer of funds all at once. The reasons vary, but you will notice that the methods that don't usually involves single transfer all at once are devised to lower the chances of being scammed on either side. My method involves multiple transfers because sometimes, actually a lot of times the network seems to act up during transfers, and it just keeps losses at a minimum, in the event that either racer cannot rejoin a lobby or join friends. If I were to accept a transfer all at once and i was selling a stock d class car, any car could beat me, and if the the person wanted to he could either put me in a position where I either have to pinks or race, and then he'd end up with both money and car. On the other hand, the same could happen if the buyer was in a d class car and I was selling R class. I could flip the script and take his money and car all in one shot. Like Mikey said, ask around and don't just jump on the first thing you find, because others will point out to you that some things are too good to be true. I will backtrack shortly while closing- I posted about a bug involving network timeouts where I was in the middle of betting money and a timeout occurred and the race got cancelled yet I lost the money- weird things can always happen whether on purpose or not, so be weary of all at once transfers unless you have already dealt with the other person and trust him or that person has a good rep.