Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Disqualified?!

ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
I raced someone in my GT-R for a million. Perfect launch and shifts, almost set my best time, and then it disqualified me! I Raced someone who screen name was FREE DAR3A, and my screen name is ShinBeats. WHY did it disqualify me? CIE needs to reimburse me for my million! This happened at 12:59 eastern standard time.

Comments

• Options
    THEN I raced for 2 Mil against hendrabezita and I got disqualified AGAIN. I will QUIT this game and CIE will not get another CENT from me until this gets resolved.
  • Options
    My app is crashing :(My app is crashing :( Registered Users 25 Posts
    Ur putting the other peoples name like if they are hacking lol . The disqualified thing happens randomely to mostly everyone . Yeah it sucks lol but u just gotta move on and enjoy the game :)
  • Options
    Are you serious? This is your answer? I lose 3 million and you just go 'lol move on?' Alright, give me 3 mil then.
  • Options
    It just happened a third time in a different car. Why is this happenieng so often all of a sudden?
  • Options
    aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
    delete the game and reinstall. hopefully it works
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    have you submitted a ticket to customer service?
  • Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    I was getting dq in the eclipse every time I would drive it.. And also, if you buy gem boost after being challenged you'll dq.
  • Options
    Mikecart1Mikecart1 Registered Users 38 Posts
    The most I ever bet someone was like $1800 lol. Now I rarely go higher than $1000 even though I got 6 figures in the account lol.
  • Options
    I just submitted a ticket.
  • Options
    GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    Still won't get your stuff back. But maybe they can correct the problem with your input. Thank you for the heads up
  • Options
    That's ridiculous..
  • Options
    DQ's are set in for alot of reasons (usually as cheat prevention) that being said people find new ways to break the game whether intention or unintentional, and this will also cause them to DQ. There are several factors that relate to DQ. Think of it as a net and every time we DQ someone the net gets tighter. Sadly sometimes the wrong people get caught in the net but we need to be careful about which DQ's we trust and dont trust. Regardless your input helps us tighten the net more until its a refined machine, but our game is live so its constantly changing making it all that more complex. Bottom line, I'm sorry you got DQ'd, if you can tell me how, I can better the experience in the future.
  • Options
    QuarkScr3wQuarkScr3w Registered Users 15 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Foxx;n24579]DQ's are set in for alot of reasons (usually as cheat prevention) that being said people find new ways to break the game whether intention or unintentional, and this will also cause them to DQ. There are several factors that relate to DQ. Think of it as a net and every time we DQ someone the net gets tighter. Sadly sometimes the wrong people get caught in the net but we need to be careful about which DQ's we trust and dont trust. Regardless your input helps us tighten the net more until its a refined machine, but our game is live so its constantly changing making it all that more complex. Bottom line, I'm sorry you got DQ'd, if you can tell me how, I can better the experience in the future.[/QUOTE]

Why is it that the DQ causes the person to lose their car? Why can't a DQ just send a ticket to you guys so you guys are able to pinpoint suspicious activity? Innocent players are continuously caught in this net. If a DQ would just reset the race like nothing happened, what would be the big deal? If this guy gets DQ'd a couple times, then the developers can do their job and figure out why? By just over looking the entire situation that innocent players are getting punished to help better the community is a load of horse SH**! Surely there is a better way...
  • Options
    roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    Last Scirroco event was every time I got pinked and buy gem to race, I'd get DQ. Did you underestimate that car's best time? Lost 3 cars that I just bought gems for. As a result, I didn't accept pinks after that.

I would have spent a lot more gems, so you lost money guys... Fix it before next Scirocco event!
  • Options
    Tru ricerTru ricer Registered Users 5 Posts
    I lost my maxed ZR1 yesterday to a maxed supra to disqualification. I've seen the replies of the filtering process but I don't see how that benefits me when I was challenged to pinks and I accepted, beat the opponent yet still lost a car that I imagine cie will not replace. I opened a ticket and have screen shots of me beating them by a few seconds but I saw larger margin of victories that night where pink slips were at stake. What will cie do about getting the car I paid real currency to purchase?
  • Options
    GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    Pink races are at your own risk so you won't get a car replaced. Sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I will look into the process and see if we cant find a better solution
  • Options
    Pinks are at your own risk? If CIE can't regulate a feature of their game properly then it shouldn't be allowed. I should not have to worry about losing something I paid actual money for, whether it be pinks or cash, to a glitch in the system, especially if I did nothing wrong.
  • Options
    UP IN SMOKEUP IN SMOKE Registered Users 41 Posts
    The DQ is a bullsh*t anti hack in the computer system that cie has put in place to assist the lack of admins. It has to be refined in order to make it work properly. I have heard of many reasons for a DQ, but the one I am most interested in hearing the answer to is the fact that when someone challenges pinks and you boost before accepting the challenge about 95% of the time it will cause you to DQ. I lost a maxed ZR1 to this just last night. A boosted ZR1 runs 7.8 easy, while the mclaren mp4-12c runs the same as long as it is boosted. Is it just me or should they remove that function all together? I don't see the point in boosting and waisting my time with this game anymore. I have plenty of maxed cars and I run plenty of pinks, but if both parties aren't boosted why is the party that is being penalized. Figure it out cie.....u guys suk at this.
  • Options
    something we are working on, we want to make sure we do it right though, and because of this it takes time