Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

500 Error compensation and the "Tie Glitch"

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Hey all, We just restored cars lost during the 500 error weekend.

We also fixed the "Time Out Glitch". You may see a lot more "ties" until the exploiters figure out it doesn't work anymore.

More info here: http://tinyurl.com/mcx5gq9
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

• Options
    Update....

A little snafu with the script. We're going to have to look it over again and try again tomorrow.

Plan hasn't changed, we still plan on getting your cars back.

• Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    But what about the influx of people that continue to pinks multiple cars realizing there is a glitch. Can I go on a pinks spree and claim cars lost in this glitch. I stopped pinking BECAUSE of this issue. But if I can get them replaced what the hell im pinksing my whole garage. I'll come out better in the end.
  • Options
    Mengo911Mengo911 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Have seen no change...lost my BMW gt2 from that stupid glitch!!!
  • Options
    HATESCAMMERZHATESCAMMERZ Registered Users 140 Posts
    What a joke this whole compensation is... rr post in game they compensated cars or gems back to you if you lost.. well news flash!!!! You have not replaced the c7 I lost due to error 500, nor have you replaced the Bently, 2 corolas and 300 gems that was stolen through the hack you keep blaming on us! Yes, how many emails need to be sent and how many posts for you to correct this????

You want name of hackers?! Well javier58 and prince turbo 766! How many times does that have to be reported?! Want the race name when racing c7? How the heck am I suppose to know or how was I suppose to get a screen shot when the game kicked me out for 24hrs?!

Replace something for crying out loud!!!! This ridiculous!
  • Options
    Megatron27Megatron27 Registered Users 311 Posts
    Hates it's not going to happen. Sad thing is javier58 and Prince turbo 766 are still playing the game like nothing happened! Starting to look suspicious if you know what I mean. It doesn't take a genius to look at the prince account and realize he is a hacker. Like I have said many times screw the loyal and let the scammers, hackers, and glitches run a muck! That's how you all make your money but you are starting to lose your game. I will make sure I post something everyday to warn the new racers of how bad this game really is.
  • Options
    ICEMAN01XICEMAN01X Registered Users 2 Posts
    This is not right. You know the hackers are using the glitch and even when we give you their account information you don't do anything to them. On 11/11/14 racer accoun 3Li 509 used the time out glitch to take my 2000 Impreza WRX STI Coupe. I told him I was going to report him and his reply 'FU cuz RR ain't gonna do sh.. to me. Sice then I have monitered his account and he is taking cars left and right. First and foremost I want my car back. Then I want RR to shut this cheater down and show all of us that RR actually cares. You look at my history and you will see I have almost 2m in street cred but I'm to the point of selling my account and walking away.
  • Options
    On the topic of the "Time Out Glitch" First thing is first. We needed to find out what was being exploited. Which we finally did. Then we worked on closing that exploit which we believe we have, but we will keep watch on it. Then we will start investigating the actual races.

While we appreciate your reports on who was using these exploits, it's not a report and ban situation. We do actually need to investigate. We need to make absolutely sure we can determine who used the exploit versus those who simply experienced the exploit due to "normal" device operation.

So no, just because someone is named, it doesn't I mean we swoop in and ban that person. There is an investigation process, that cannot take place until we lock down the actual exploit.

• Options
    Ultraturbo23Ultraturbo23 Registered Users 51 Posts
    Same thing for me i lost my z4 in my garage but before that a guy was trying to race me i did 1k he then did pinks i did not accept so i let it time out then it said "you chickened out" so i went back to my garage swaping cars.So then i was done for the day.I went offline for an hour.Then i went back online it said replacement for 129 gems.I said well im getting gems tomorrow but then i said it must be a glitch.So i went offline and went online again.MY Z4 GT3 was gone!!.I was so outraged.I contacted glu/cie games and no answer.I just want it restored from this glitch/similar glitch.its not fair for me to put alot of money into in then loose it do to non-sense.