Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Hey Admins, We're repurposing your cars... [56k warning]

KaptinBoxxiKaptinBoxxi Registered Users 161 Posts
Yes I know repurposing isn't a word BUT I digress....

Long story short, some of the Nitto Legends community (there's about 50 of us) misses the high level of customization of cars body kit, graphics, and rim wise. Sure RR is kind of the same way, but there's just that something with nitto that is more enjoyable than RR.

We do have a facebook page found here
https://www.facebook.com/Car.Customizers

And this is what we do.
2n66lc7.jpg
2vaks20.jpg
spix53.jpg

We are also repurposing the game client to bring back the customization on a client side method of building cars back up. All we need is an original XML string example and it's finished ^_^

Also, you guys missed a big opportunity with those paper plate rims :P Gold trophy paper plates could have been epic

Comments

• JamesGJamesG Registered Users 815 Posts
    I think what made Nitto more enjoyable was not only the fact that the community was like a family, but the simplicity of the game itself.

As a car customiser itself, Nitto was fun for it, a lot like modmyride.com and the others like it.

I done mine in Photoshop, it doesn't look as good as yours, and I didn't bother lowering it.
    5a88a3c45e.jpg
  • custom 600custom 600 Registered Users 166 Posts
    I am only a junior member. Would any nitto legends out there, would u guys like to fill me in on wat happened back in those days. Were there many scammers back then. Wat were the cars like. Were they cheap cars to buy or were they outrageously priced. Were the cars like real world. Were they cheap to upgrade. wat were the custimizations like back then. Were the customizations good. Ign run red 890. If u wanna fill me in. I really wanna learn the history of this game
    custom 600 wrote: »
    I am only a junior member. Would any nitto legends out there, would u guys like to fill me in on wat happened back in those days. Were there many scammers back then. Wat were the cars like. Were they cheap cars to buy or were they outrageously priced. Were the cars like real world. Were they cheap to upgrade. wat were the custimizations like back then. Were the customizations good. Ign run red 890. If u wanna fill me in. I really wanna learn the history of this game

I would say that Nitto had a lot more scammers and cheaters. Cars were cheaper, though limited edition parts went for up to $5,000,000 game cash, the value of money was also a lot cheaper ($5 per mill on the black market). Customization was pretty much just like RR, except parts were cheaper and you didn't have to wait for installs. There was also a much larger variety of parts to choose from.
  • King DavidKing David Registered Users 181 Posts
    Did you mean "reproposing"? and nice job Dave and James.

Kneetoe # Juan
  • KaptinBoxxiKaptinBoxxi Registered Users 161 Posts
    Yeah... i couldn't think how to spell it and chrome wouldn't correct it lol

As for how Legends was compared to RR...

Like james said, it had A LOT more cheaters and scammers. Partially due to my fault with making hacks and actually ADDING to the mayhem back then. If I hadn't gotten the games source code, sure someone else might have, but who knows on the cheater front from the stand point of hacks for the game (which were too easy to make.

As for what the cars were like, you can see from the screen shots the level of customization we had with the cars I posted here. We had A LOT more. almost 150 rim sets, 150 ish cars, more tuning elements such as gear ratios and air/fuel ratios. Parts were SOMETIMES cheaper. Some cars needed the limited edition parts to be max Head to Head horsepower so they were expensive to build.

If you guys want to check out the alpha version of the car customizer (its only 3 sets of rims and one car, but its something)... check it out

http://hellawhips.com/nitto/TESTING/Customizer.html
    Dave, if you hadn't gotten into the source code, the game would probably still be up right now. xD
  • SpencerSpencer Registered Users 294 Posts
    Ah, I almost missed this faggot posting as if anyone cares what he has to say. Almost..

JamesG wrote: »
    Dave, if you hadn't gotten into the source code, the game would probably still be up right now. xD

Probably not honestly.

As for the progress on this project (since this is MUCH easier and will be completed sooner than V1 with the racing bugs)
    35mjg4w.jpg

It's in the works, I'll create the menu XML file and drop down tomorrow. Tire/Rim sizes hasn't been implemented yet, although, stock rim size has been and shows up when you load up the car. Rims still change, and the headlights no longer change with the rims lol.

As for Spencer's comment; More people than you think...

It's an interesting project. I look forward to seeing the completed version.
    Got some new rims to use today... about 277 of them
    20i6s8x.jpg
    9gkcg0.jpg
    ftlt7q.jpg

and another Alpha build screen shot. Yes the menu is shit, but it's just for the current build. I'll have it completely like Nitto's at a later date
    14y7o5s.jpg

facebook.com/Car.Customizers
    34zy25k.jpg

nothin liek a ghetto supra XD
  • coolestdudecoolestdude Registered Users 115 Posts
    OP ruined Nitto. OP usuck.
    Yeah my bad...
    [
    iy2bs2.jpg
    dwcnpd.jpg