Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Open Petition to CIE/GLU - Game Updates

MIDWAY2UMIDWAY2U Registered Users 7 Posts
Thank you very much for the ability to turn boost off and on freely, that IS a great addition to the game! Now down to business.

This new update has done VERY LITTLE to improve the game for the players. You know, those paying customers that line your pockets on a weekly basis.

First off, the shuffling of upgrade parts, really?? This had to have taken some effort. It would have been much easier to transfer parts directly across to the new update. For those that can’t figure out why this was done, it’s simple really, INCREASE PROFITS. Most of us have invested massive amounts of both time AND money to tune cars. Shuffling parts will do nothing more than create difficulties for existing players and the tunes they have created and recorded. Upgrade parts need to be put back in there previous order before the update.

Secondly, players have been asking for the ability to safely trade or sell cars. I may be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure I heard this was coming ‘soon’. Why would this not be in the update?? Again, PROFIT. Not having a safe option to do so, again, lines the pockets of CIE/GLU as PAYING CUSTOMERS get scammed and have to pay to replace the cars THEY EARNED. I also believe CIE/GLU does minimal work to stop hackers and scammers on this game. Why would they? Every time a car is stolen, they profit from it. It’s also very profitable to allow players to invite ‘friends’ to any lobby in ‘Multiplayer’ and scam new players out of their cars-gem replace ‘cha-ching!’. Get it done guys, give the ability to safely sell, trade and loan cars. Trust me, you’ll still make PLENTY of money and have happy customers to boot.

Those are my two big complaints/items I believe CIE/GLU need to fix/add immediately!

Players need to be smarter about the game they are supporting and expect something back for the exorbitant amount of money they spend on it. This is far and away the most expensive game I have ever seen, played or even heard of. If you stop and think about what ‘we got’ in the update… a ‘Shipyard’ with ‘Mystery Crates’… that’s a pure profit generator more than helping players. Sharing boost with a friend… make sure you get all you can out of the customer with money that helps out is unemployed ‘friend’. 'New cars', yep, get our your credit cards... Stop and think ladies and gents… Ever noticed how there are 2 cars for sale every week, but the car you MIGHT need for turf comes out after the car you don’t?? That’s because a LOT of new players don’t pay attention, buy the first car and then have to also purchase the car they need for turf. It also puts players in a time crunch to build and tune before turf… so you buy and spend gems. It’s a racket!

All that being said, I do enjoy the game (at least the old version) and will continue playing, for now… But for God’s sake CIE/GLU, do something that actually benefits your customers more than your profits for once. Fix the items I listed above and I sure I've missed some items others will add. LISTEN then ACT. The best way to make your customers go away, ignore them.

Players (customers), if you agree, bump it up, add your comments and let’s see if we can get CIE/GLU to actually do something to benefit us, the customer.

-MIDWAY2U

Comments

• Options
    Dex23Dex23 Registered Users 454 Posts
    Totally agree with Midway, why shuffle to order of the parts, myself and many other turfers write down our tunes in a certain way, and moving the order of the parts has made it really difficult to tune the cars, I have already made mistakes and bought the wrong parts, but maybe that is the point (more money for Glu/Cie)!!!!!

Certainly all of the upgrades barring the use of boosts and the ability to see your your opponents lobby rating (good to flag up, so other racers don't get scammed) are purely profit driven, so many racers have already spent huge sums of money obtaining the new cars from the crates, and I guarantee when you look at you revenues, you will see a huge spike in profits as soon as v3 came out.

So come on and think about the racers for once, and fix the glitches, find a safe way to trade cars, and get rid of the scammers, rather than your lining your already bulging wallets.

Make the game and the turfs fun, and give out better prizes than C or D class cars for playing solidly for 4 days each turf
  • Options
    merk210merk210 Registered Users 3,038 Posts
    buuuuuuummpppppp
  • Options
    Cantdoit87Cantdoit87 Registered Users 308 Posts
    They actually downgraded in my eyes, capitalism at its finest
  • Options
    xx THUNDERSTRUCK xxxx THUNDERSTRUCK xx Registered Users 189 Posts
    I agree with the shuffling parts order and I realized it before tuning luckily. I remember order on them but each car has a different order as well...
  • Options
    Dex23Dex23 Registered Users 454 Posts
    Thunder, can you post the order as you remember it, as all my tune sheets are just code
  • Options
    xx THUNDERSTRUCK xxxx THUNDERSTRUCK xx Registered Users 189 Posts
    I will do on fb if cool. Seeing this shuffling makes me wanna bet that they shuffled the lobby ratings too. My nsxrr is now an s class wtf???
  • Options
    JGordonJGordon Registered Users 78 Posts
    Bummmmmmmp
  • Options
    Fallen2synFallen2syn Registered Users 33 Posts
    bumpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
  • Options
    chevyboy37chevyboy37 Registered Users 51 Posts
    I absolutely agree with all you guys, another thing that needs to happen is they need to make there OWN log in or sign in because my account is lost and im very upset i cant race with my team, i cant get into my garage account that i paid well over 1300 bucks for not to mention the months and hours labor it took to get there and UPPP NOW ITS GONE. But hey they just take there sweet as time about it. And its funny how i will get 10 or 20 notifications in one day about the sale about to end but i cant get a reply abiut my account getting back to me, and yes i did give them a in game ticket. As a matter of fact im just gonna call google and tell them what happened so i can just get my money back and not even care about the game anymore its been so long already with my 1300 dollar lost account that i dont care to even play anymore. I just want my money back. So for the future CIE/GLU set up a dedicated log in and game saving center. If i dont get my account racer garage back im going everywhere with this and putting this game on blast EVERYWHERE online.
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Registered Users 294 Posts
    y'all type way too much. when u gonna learn? CIE gonna CIE regardless of what you want.

• Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    MIDWAY2U wrote: »
    Thank you very much for the ability to turn boost off and on freely, that IS a great addition to the game! Now down to business.

This new update has done VERY LITTLE to improve the game for the players. You know, those paying customers that line your pockets on a weekly basis.

First off, the shuffling of upgrade parts, really?? This had to have taken some effort. It would have been much easier to transfer parts directly across to the new update. For those that can’t figure out why this was done, it’s simple really, INCREASE PROFITS. Most of us have invested massive amounts of both time AND money to tune cars. Shuffling parts will do nothing more than create difficulties for existing players and the tunes they have created and recorded. Upgrade parts need to be put back in there previous order before the update.

Secondly, players have been asking for the ability to safely trade or sell cars. I may be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure I heard this was coming ‘soon’. Why would this not be in the update?? Again, PROFIT. Not having a safe option to do so, again, lines the pockets of CIE/GLU as PAYING CUSTOMERS get scammed and have to pay to replace the cars THEY EARNED. I also believe CIE/GLU does minimal work to stop hackers and scammers on this game. Why would they? Every time a car is stolen, they profit from it. It’s also very profitable to allow players to invite ‘friends’ to any lobby in ‘Multiplayer’ and scam new players out of their cars-gem replace ‘cha-ching!’. Get it done guys, give the ability to safely sell, trade and loan cars. Trust me, you’ll still make PLENTY of money and have happy customers to boot.

Those are my two big complaints/items I believe CIE/GLU need to fix/add immediately!

Players need to be smarter about the game they are supporting and expect something back for the exorbitant amount of money they spend on it. This is far and away the most expensive game I have ever seen, played or even heard of. If you stop and think about what ‘we got’ in the update… a ‘Shipyard’ with ‘Mystery Crates’… that’s a pure profit generator more than helping players. Sharing boost with a friend… make sure you get all you can out of the customer with money that helps out is unemployed ‘friend’. 'New cars', yep, get our your credit cards... Stop and think ladies and gents… Ever noticed how there are 2 cars for sale every week, but the car you MIGHT need for turf comes out after the car you don’t?? That’s because a LOT of new players don’t pay attention, buy the first car and then have to also purchase the car they need for turf. It also puts players in a time crunch to build and tune before turf… so you buy and spend gems. It’s a racket!

All that being said, I do enjoy the game (at least the old version) and will continue playing, for now… But for God’s sake CIE/GLU, do something that actually benefits your customers more than your profits for once. Fix the items I listed above and I sure I've missed some items others will add. LISTEN then ACT. The best way to make your customers go away, ignore them.

Players (customers), if you agree, bump it up, add your comments and let’s see if we can get CIE/GLU to actually do something to benefit us, the customer.

-MIDWAY2U
    You sir have never played Battle pirates from Kixeye games. $10.00 gets you 100 gold, one gold is worth 30 minutes time. There are people playing that game that pay 3,000 (yes thousand) gold to speed up a fleet (3-5) ships. There are many that actually coin the rank, Rank gives turn bonuses and firing speed. That's another 2,000 gold per fleet. That is right, people in that game spend nearly $500.00 per fleet If they wish. The dock can hold up to 120 ships, Imagine the coining going on there.

I agree there are things i didn't like about 3.0, but i am adjusting, Your claim, that this is the most expensive game out, is not even close. BP Players routinely joke about spending 50K plus total, in that game. I know personally, one player, that coined the fleet and the rank and was hitting bases 12 hours into the event (4 day event). Also in that game the gap between the coiner and NON-coiner is far greater. Imagine having to wait 3 months for a fleet, when your neighbor gets it launched 20 minutes after the raid (their equiv to this ones turfs).

I agree some things are bad, But you have no idea, how good it is here, compared to some other games i have played.

Sorry for not agreeing on every point, but had to say something.

Allow me to add, one more point. In that game when you hit 120 ships in the dock, you can't trade move or sell the ships, you have to recycle them. You get none of any gold used to build, and you only get about 10% of the resources used, to actually build the ship. It also does not give you 6 gems (gold), every 10 levels like this one. This one has problems and i have my gripes, but there are much worse games out there
  • Options
    pistolapistola Registered Users 437 Posts
    BUMPPPPPPPPP !!!!! WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF EVERYBODY SAT DOWN FOR A SOLID TURF?
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I'm waiting 15 minutes so i can right now, BTW you can now buy cars from the showroom, Too late for the BMW segment though.
  • Options
    King DavidKing David Registered Users 181 Posts
    MIDWAY2U wrote: »

-MIDWAY2U
    tl;dr

tumblr_lm0grjyLKE1qdlkgg.gif