Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Ban issues-money

Casedood2k4Casedood2k4 Registered Users 35 Posts
Can someone please answer me why there is an auto ban setup for money and or pinks? I've heard several "reasons" and not one seems valid. Let's go with a $50 million max style ban, who is that going to help? No one, because if you have that much money then who's cares. And if you don't have that much, how does it protect you? It doesn't. Now let's go to pinks like a 10car limit an hour, that doesn't work well either. What if someone, like myself, who has 40 civics races pinks non stop to win cars from people fouling? That's legit, so again that doesn't help the rich nor the poor. So why do it? Now, you want my thoughts on how and when to ban? How's bout you don't set a ban for anything except foul language or hazing? Money and cars will be be own and lost and people will always hack and cheat. There's no stopping them and they learn the limits QUICKER than anyone else and all you do is screw the honest guy who doesn't know better. Btw: I lost my BEST player on MY team because of him simply selling a car and not knowing better.

Comments

• Options
    67 blown nova67 blown nova Registered Users 1,033 Posts
    Excellent first post. Reading it while I
  • Options
    HiceezHiceez Registered Users 24 Posts
    Basically, limits help regulate cheating.. Somewhat. It is not benificial to anyone if a person monopolizes a car or cars and only races pinks. First of all you'll have plenty of trouble finding 50 people to pink you in one hour. Secondly, if they chicken out you don't get street credits. Finally, are you really going to win all 50 pinks? And if you are, you should prob stop, lol... Go for a jog or something. So yes, limits do help, so long as no one knows what they are, so long as they keep getting updated and definitely as long as they stay outside the range of what the average player pinks but also accounts for people who pink a lot. The issue needs a little looking into, but it's not so bad, there are other things far more important, by now, those with enough $$$ to get banned due to a limit $ should KNOW THEIR OWN LIMITS, and same can be said for pinking.
  • Options
    HiceezHiceez Registered Users 24 Posts
    A point I would like to make, none of these limits should apply during and while racing in Turf Events. Let's face it, it makes sense to pink every race in turf if you can back it up, or raise $$ bets. You get a chance to make points, make $, earn a car, or trade it for points, all while getting street creed. So yah, turf=No pinks limit. Or of yip still want limits during turf, let the people turfing know the limits, like have one of those pop up things say so. Or introduce a pinks counter that tells how many pinks one has done that day. Or people can be more resourceful and keep track of $ transactions and pink slips the same way we used to balance our check books.
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    Turf Wars has no limit for pinks
  • Options
    Casedood2k4Casedood2k4 Registered Users 35 Posts
    See fellas, that is exactly where the fault lies. The guys that cheat, hack, whatever you want to a ll it know exactly what the limits are within minutes off a change. Also, this may not be 100% accurate but it seems there is on ly a limit of incoming transfers not outgoing, so an account can be wiped clean quickly. Now to back that statement up, how many of you guys REALLY log in every 2-4 hours or less? No very many. So why would a limit help in that situation? I personally log in once a day or so and in that time I could have 900+ million taken and/or 90+ cars. So now let's go to the next one: it was mentioned about loggin in and changing a password. Sorry, EVERY SINGLE person I know that plays this game plays it on a mobile device of some nature. No login info, no passwords, no nothing. So there's zero benefit again. Now let's say I am a hack/cheater/whatever, generally they travel in groups and/or have buddies to help dissolve the goods. Once ONE guy gets busted then bam everyone knows and it spreads like wildfire. Now on that same note, what hacker wouldn't be able to make as second account in a matter of seconds? Wait, what person anywhere wouldn't be able to do that. Once my team player got banned for selling a car (furai with gem rims and paint), he had a new acct in less than a minute so we could continue on turf wars. Yet, another reason for invalidity................................... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . So let's go a step farther with a new idea on bans: how about no more than 2 gem (only) cars to or from any account in a day (except turf wars). Every other car in the game can bought over again and that stops people from taking worthwhile cars. That'd slow all the hackers/cheaters/whatever down and make it reasonable. And while at it it would also give even more value to said cars. And for the money ban, why not make it something reasonable like 2-5 million an hour? Yea there's plenty of guys (me included) that that would "hurt" but you know what it would do? Slow down scammers and trades which helps everyone. Makes cars worth less in game money which would help CIE make more in app purchases. Many people don't car about gems for cars because like me I can give out up 49 million dollars in one hour so I can buy any gem car without spending a dime of my hard earned paycheck. That would also help with the bullies, like the guys that bet a million because most don't have it. Once that guy wins or loses a couple races then he can't be a bully anymore and has to actually play the game. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. So to sum it all up. Someone give me at least one reason why the bans we have now are good?
  • Options
    trogdor48430trogdor48430 Registered Users 1,867 Posts
    I'm banned because of it and its taking forever to get unbanned real annoying