Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

What's the point of turfing anymore?

dustyduffdustyduff Registered Users 1,143 Posts
I would love to know the motivation/reason for people to even turf hard anymore. I'll just stop spending money on all these gems, wait until next update and then put the first place rims on my car at a fraction of the price........

Did you guys really think adding first place rims was a good idea?

Comments

• Options
    YoureNotLikeMeYoureNotLikeMe Registered Users 80 Posts
    Nope in several ways they ruined the game. The update had nothing to do with making the game better to play. It's ruined the value of existing cars, so we would need to buy more.its all about screwing us, it's loyal customers. Now r2 cars tires cost 16k wow. I quit!! they won't get another nickel from me.
  • Options
    I have a good idea.....let's charge everyone TONS of money for gems to buy crates and can't even afford to max the cars.....lol
  • Options
    YoureNotLikeMeYoureNotLikeMe Registered Users 80 Posts
    Or let's invite all the top paying customers over and roofie them
  • Options
    After all the months of collecting and having something "unique" you guys managed to piss that away in one update.

Again I ask.......what is the point in turfing anymore? What incentive is there for people to "want" turf cars? All turf cars this season have been terrible and can't beat an Evo.

I've always been a big supporter and invest a lot of time and money in this game. Every week it seems like you're kicking me in the nuts more and more.
  • Options
    Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    The point was to get jordan a hell cat. Snickers.
  • Options
    GodronGodron Registered Users 126 Posts
    Even more what you need to ask yourself, is why play the game at all? You work your ass off for months to get these great cars to be hacked away. And what do they do about it? Blame you for their game getting hacked. I'm seeing accounts hacked for THOUSANDS of $$ and ryyst and his arrogant, d bag self, wants to point the finger elsewhere. When this company goes down I hope to god ryyst is the first to go homeless. I should not feel so bitter about a game I used to play for fun, but the arrogance and doucheness of cie and their little doucheness bag ryyst has killed it.