Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Supporting the game - scammers/hackers issues

zer0zer0 Registered Users 9 Posts
Sup guys.

Recently I've made a purchase of gems to buy some gems-only cars. Nothing special.

Before that, nobody but my friend talked to me. After I bought a nismo, gt3 mclaren and a furai, things changed drastically lol

The thing is, after that, a f*cktrillion of ppl is asking me "to handle their cars while they go to bathroom", or "to just grab their cars cause they don't wanna play anymore and will foul after a pink", or "if i would give a car back if I won a pink".

Yeah, I know, block them, like I already did. But, how secure is this game? Should I be concerned in any way about it? After reading that a guy lost about 470+ cars I had to ask.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    The game and your racer is only as secure as your Facebook/Game Center/Google Play accounts. We don't have passwords to any of those, and you cannot access your racer without logging onto one of those (except on the device the account was created on if you chose to not link your account with any of those services) so anyone's racer that was accessed was accessed through either Facebook/Google Play or Game Center.

As far as scammers. We do not support trades, so if you choose to do trades/sale/buying of cars, you do so at your won risk. Be weary of offers and when being challenged to pink slips remember, your opponent will accept of they believe they can win, nothing is a sure thing, if it's a car that should be inferior to yours in every way, why would the pink knowing they would lose? If it's too good to be true, probably is.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    bdevil15bdevil15 Registered Users 43 Posts
    Toe that company line...
  • Options
    Megatron27Megatron27 Registered Users 311 Posts
    Ryyst just stop with the bs. Yes you can have your account hacked without it being linked to any of the 3. Your game is flawed and as long as you all keep ignoring the more people you are going to lose to this game. I warn everyone to stop playing this game. When you get hacked you will get the same generic BS answer ryyst gave above. They employ racers to hack your accounts so they can make more money off you. Believe it or not at your own risk. Get out while you still have something. This game is full of hackers and nothing happens to them AT ALL. So, when your account does get hacked you will receive no support from them at all. I have sold my account and will never play this game again. I'm here to spread the word so hopefully the same thing doesn't happen to you all that happened to me and many other racers on here. Ryyst please don't reply because your reply is nothing more than bs.
  • Options
    zer0zer0 Registered Users 9 Posts
    I'm (well, actually I was) a developer, what Ryyst says makes sense, since the app is embedded within facebook. Also, they (ciegames) don't prompt you to enter any secondary login/password. I have turned on every security measure facebook has to offer so I'll rest assured it's all good.

About those scam attempts, I know those guys were trying to scam the hell out of me. But what about people that don't? Megatron's angry just confirmed that something is wrong, and I dont know what, well, anyway;

I have no problem in supporting your game Ryyst, even because I've been playing it since it was Nitto 1320. You guys did a step ahead, don't turn your back to your community. Just saying that because this is not the first complaint I've read

Thanks for all your replies guys, specially you Ryyst