Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Racer Showdown RANT!

USMC1188USMC1188 Registered Users 6 Posts
I REALLY didn't want to make my first post a negative one, but my issue is really aggravating.

First off, I have only been playing for about 2 months and have really enjoyed the game. My name on there is Duke Bling 619 (How do I get that changed by the way?)

Alright, here is my problem...

Why am I racing my 12 second cars with 10 second cars, 10 second cars with 8 second cars, my 9 second cars with low 8 second cars, and my 8 second cars with mid to low 7 second cars in the racer showdown?! It seems the classes for them are set up all sorts of messed up. I mean, it should be mostly fair right? My street credits started out in the low 13ks at the beginning of me playing yesterday evening in the showdown, and by the time I gave up, it now sits at a measly 6615!!!!! That is absolutely ridiculous!

I mean, I know it is only a game, BUT it is really dissapointing when I don't even have a chance to win races with the same exact cars I win races with any other time.

Lastly, I don't know about anyone else, but my game kept crashing and went REALLY slow all night. It crashed even a few times in the middle of races (a -12 error I believe)

Speaking of slow... what's with this forum being so slow? I am part of a ton of other forums, and none of them load this slowly.

Comments

• Options
    Count DraculaCount Dracula Registered Users 18 Posts
    It goes on lobby ratings, and your car has to be tuned according to the lobby rating you are wanting to race in. If your car's are tuned properly I see no other reason than the other racers boosting for being the discrepancy in the race times you've mentioned.
  • Options
    LightningbryceLightningbryce Registered Users 29 Posts
    Right so you could potentially have a car rated at say 1657 running low 9 and a scar rated at 1663 running low to mid 8
  • Options
    So what makes that any different from the normal Multiplayer mode? Because the same cars I race with there are the same ones I raced in the Racer Showdown with 2 completely different results. My cars actually win in Multiplayer....
  • Options
    brianv3nturabrianv3ntura Registered Users 174 Posts
    In normal multiplayer modes, there's a lot of bad tuned cars and people who cheat their way into a lower rated lobby so is very easy to race slow cars

Showdown is setup just like turf lobbies,but we are solo racers racking up our own points for a top prize position. Great idea honestly. They should have public lobbies setup like this too.

Btw to op, the lobby caps are set up as 30,35,40,45,50,56,63,68,and max. you should tune your cars to those lobby caps.
  • Options
    brianv3nturabrianv3ntura Registered Users 174 Posts
    Bump. Bump
  • Options
    Thanks a lot! I REALLY appreciate it! That is really good information.

I have a few, I've gotten lucky lol. I have NEVER raced pinks, because honestly, I don't want to loose the cars I have currently....
    I have:
    Dodge Dart
    Dodge Neon SRT4
    Dodge Charger R/T
    Dodge Challenger SRT8
    Dodge Viper GTS
    Dodge Viper GTS-R

Yes I am a Mopar guy through and through lol

I have also acquired a couple others with my money and gems:
    69 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    Ford F-150 Lightning
    Buick GNX
    Crate Toyota Supra
    Crate Datsun 510

My name in the game is Duke Bling 619 if you want to look me up.
  • Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    To change your name you need to send in a ticket, yes the forums load slow Ryyst is working on it.
  • Options
    Sounds great guys, thanks a lot!

• Options
    RogueAmericanRogueAmerican Registered Users 499 Posts
    bump...your one lucky guy to get all that info from Brian. Actually he is my teammate and a very strong legit turf/showdown racer. One thing i noticed he forgot to mention with lobby cap ratings is that they need to be low.

ex.. for 1640 it needs to be 1 upgrade part into 40 usually around 3hp or less to stay in the lower rated lobby. if you go over you will jump into next lobby and be one of the slowest cars
  • Options
    I KNOW! He definitely seems like a great guy!

That's good to know, I was trying to figure that out myself the other day and didn't get far lol