Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Racer Showdown... bad idea!!!!

2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
Now it shows the top 25 players in Racer Showdown..... giving the hackers new targets, I feel bad for INSANE because now everyone can look through his garage and target him to be kacked, bad idea glu/cie..... or is all this garage hacking a inside job? It would make sense to see top racers and what they own......
OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

Comments

• brianv3nturabrianv3ntura Registered Users 174 Posts
    This Is a great idea. I dint want to be a target for doing well in showdown
  • Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    Pj. Killed show down.
  • Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    Showdown is nothing more than a waste of everyone's time and a money maker for GLU. Let's examime the facts: Unbelievable as it sounds, some people actually araced 24 hours straight for what??? A image of a car you don't even own the rights to, they can take it anytime they want. Here is some interesting math...... Say a person makes 15 bucks an hour. They work 8 hours and they now have $120.00 But they stay and work a triple shift at time and a half and they get another $360.00 Combined with the original they have $480 in their pocket. Subtract the average 25% and you now have $360 clear. Answer me this..... Would you rather have $360 or a shiny car which you don't even own, subject to hacking or glitching, with a value of $100 or less?
  • Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    And let's not forget the actual out of pocket expense of gems! How many dollars were spent on winning a image of a car?
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    The showdown is a good idea, in the sense that it gives non- team players a taste of turf wars. But cash payout? Not something i'd be willing to coin. While i had fun, I was sub 2500 on it. I won't coin for something, i can get everyday. I understand you need to make money, i can get cash for 20 wins and perfect shifts without damage. I like it, it's great, I did use boosts, they were gifted and through the bronze crates i bought, with jewels for gaining levels in this game. I got 4 cars this showdown, 2 mustangs, a FPV and a dart. all will be made into turfs for coming weekends
  • 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Clearly you guys are missing the point, it has nothing to do with the actual tournament.... The public access to the top 25 racers leaves them open to garage hackers that is clearly an issue right now, all you have to do is search the top players and you can easily scan their garage. With all the theiving of turf cars this idea right now is not good
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    Lol no way I'm racing in it, I don't have time for it.
  • Scorpion's HeartScorpion's Heart Registered Users 117 Posts
    racer showdown's prizes are BS. Shittty mustang with gloss paint job? lol. In my opinion prizes should be: old turf car, for example copo camaro, c6r, javelin with SC on hood, m5, Mustang Race Edition, subaru sport, cobra jet, scion TC GT Spec...
  • Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    To be honest. The showdown real prize is the ol god glory of who the top racers are in game clearly not a race for a gold car. Basically that car is the trophey of being number one to the many top 2 and 3.

It's your choice to make the game as you want it to be. Be wise in such cases.

• KingklutzKingklutz Registered Users 3,510 Posts
    The prize should be an original car that's not in the game. Like a 918 spider... Or a escudo monster...or a funny car.... Or a jet powered bus... Or a space shuttle... Not some crappy car with a gold dipped paint... It doesn't go any faster than a bloody normal one does it? **** sake glu. Open your damn eyes and stop threating over your damn money... Rant over