Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

My Top 12 Racing Rivals Tips and Observations - for New Racers

No RespectNo Respect Registered Users 1 Posts
I’ve been playing this game for several months, and I am up to a level 168. Here’s some tips for those players just starting out, I hope this provides some insight.

My Top Twelve Tips and Observations on Racing Rivals:
  1. Maxing the upgrades on a car isn’t necessarily the way to go. Instead, find the “sweet spot” for your car. I have a nearly maxed Viper, and it can race 7-8 races before it needs repairs (which cost $2,000+, and take about 12 hours by the way). Find the upgrades where your car wins a good majority of the time, and stop upgrading (or try swapping some upgrades by installing new, and uninstalling others). Your car won’t be damaged as quickly with less-upgrades, and you can run more races. I have a Scion-Spec car that gets zero damage per race, so I can race it all day.
  2. Some upgrades are worth more than others. Typically, I upgrade the drivetrain-related items first (Transmission, clutch, flywheel, etc). Those don’t damage the engine. Next, I’ll add nitrous upgrades, cut weight in the “conversion” section, and cut additional weight on the aero section.
  3. If you join a team for Turf racing, you’ll race against similarly rated cars (in terms of the upgrade number, such as 1642). I’ve quickly upgraded a car to a new number level during races, and found myself – racing against the same cars! So the turf races much match a range of numbers against each other. But it’s all black-box, not explained how Racing Rivals does it.
  4. It’s a fun app, but extremely buggy. About every 7-8 races, it freezes during a race countdown, and I have to kill the program and restart. Also, the Racing Rivals servers seem to be lacking in capacity, as I often get the dreaded “orange bar”, which means their servers are overloaded, and I can’t race because it claims that my connection is poor. Plus, many races end up in a tie, getting the message “invalid race, result was a tie”. This seems to happen during heavy usage during turf races. I’ve had 4 ties in a row once (which is extremely improbable).
  5. Joining a team, and racing Turf can be fun, but it is time consuming (4 days a week!), and can be high pressure – if your teams expects too much (sometimes I don’t have 4 hours a day to race, okay?). Also, beware that is someone “pinks” you during a Turf race, and you chicken out – they get the racing points.
  6. There a few upgrades that are not clear to the benefits they provide. For example, upgrading the Suspension doesn’t give an apparent benefit, but in fact, it does increase your tire grip. Another is the Flywheel – I’m not sure what benefit it provides, except for small weight decreases, as it doesn’t increase shift speed, torque, or power.
  7. Get the best bang for your buck on upgrades. If you are NOT maxing the car, some upgrades are MUCH more beneficial than others. Compare the Power and Torque increases, and spend the least. If you upgrade to “Pro”, get the option with the best power, and try to cut weight whenever you can.
  8. After you’ve raced a while, you’ll find that some car models are awesome, and some are so-so. Save up your dollars and diamonds. Watch videos to speed up the upgrading time. Almost every week, there is a car sale where a particular model is half price. These can be a great bargain.
  9. When you win races, you get shifting bonuses (for perfect shifts), and a win bonus. But, you only get a max of 20 win-bonuses per day, so try to get them with your highest class car, as they pay the highest bonuses.
  10. Using the Nitrous button can really speed up your car. When is the best time to push the button? As soon as you can after you hit the launch. The exception would be if your car gets to 2nd gear extremely fast, use it right after it shifts to 2nd gear. But if your car takes a long time to rev up to 2nd gear after you launch, hit the nitrous right away. If you have Nitrous, always use it. I’m pretty certain your car will sustain the same damage on every race whether you use it or not.
  11. Every car will come equipped with either Turbo or Supercharger (you can’t have both of them active on one car at the same time). You can switch to the other kind if you want to, and it might make sense to do it. The turbo tends to give a boost at launch, and the supercharger gives you power later in the race. If your car is super slow at the beginning, maybe stick with turbo (and a nitrous hit). If you are constantly losing to cars that pass you at the end, consider changing to the supercharger.
  12. Don’t race for “Pinks” unless you have a killer car. There’s always that one car that seems to race 1 second faster than anyone else. If you’re that car, go for it. I’d hate to lose my car, but if you’re daring, go for it (but first pay for a “boost” with diamonds after you are challenged, that will increase your HP, and increase your chances).

Comments

• Options
    Southside808Southside808 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Having hard time driving the Evo. Any suggestion. Launch is really bad
  • Options
    PocketGnome12PocketGnome12 Registered Users 44 Posts
    Search PigPentheoneandonly on YouTube he has great perfect launch tutorials on a lot of cars. Including the Evo 8
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    On the nitrous damage, i have missed the button and just run out without. The damage was lower than run on the NOS. Just my experience. I have not yet found the 1 second faster car, but have one each in 1620 and 1630 lobbies that, without boost, run .04 faster than the rough set limit of the lobby (13.0 for 1620 and 12.0 for 1630) boosts are good for .5 second jump in times