Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

RR 3.0 Success or Busted

BfrailBfrail Registered Users 5,204 Posts
Ok so I have taken a little time to look at the new version. I won't call it a complete bust but it far from a successful idea and the intent of the update from a player Stand point

Successes in my opinion
The boost on and off option
New boost purchase system
Sound seems better than before

Busted in my opinion
New cars are not for sale in show room
New rims not in show room for purchase
Almost every race I ran said invalid it's a tie
The fact you have to buy multiple crates and collect multiple things to get new cars
Reclassifying of cars by down grading em

But the biggest issue I have is the ability to gift boosts to friends which can only be accomplished by linking and logging in to facebook. Oh yeah which by the way has had a major rash of accts being hacked. So go head and use the gift of boosts via Facebook but if you lose anything or your acct gets hacked RR will tell you they have no responsibility in the matter of facebook linked acct hackings. Thank for another feature I won't be using cause I refuse to subject my acct to a potential hack problem because you created a feature requiring a link to a major acct hack 3rd party login

In my opinion this update was created by cie/glu with their pockets in mind only not they players. Only way to get new content ie cars, graphics, rims is spending thousands on crates to collect the pieces you need to get them. This sham off an update has more cons than pros. I am severely more disappointed in this update than the bug filled version they gave us in July. Thanks for another lack luster update to only line your pockets and not increase the enjoyment of your consumers. I figure it's only a matter of time before someone looks into a class action suit. Storm8 another game maker lost a suit a few years back.

Comments

• Options
    Jack90gtJack90gt Registered Users 2,708 Posts
    I agree 110% bro!!!!!
  • Options
    R311R311 Registered Users 221 Posts
    Agree completely abt the FB link requirment on boost gifting.. What irresponsible fux would require their paying customers to leave their accounts expose to getting hack through a method that they are very well aware of??

Another to add, I HATE THE NEW UPGRADE UI. Yes its more tony stark wannabe material but dude, cant u keep everything in 1 angle of vision?? I had to roll my eyes all over the screen and that isnt good at all on my experience... Move the screen further so everything fits in 1 frame? Nope.. The fonts on the upgrade details are WAY to small and thin for that to work...
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    I looked at the new version for about 5 minutes. The first thing I relized? PURCHASE CRATES FOR THE OPPERTUNITY TO MAYBE GET A NEW CAR. Who knows how much it might cost me th get one. Screw it, I'm going to work and forget about this corrupt game for a while.
  • Options
    BfrailBfrail Registered Users 5,204 Posts
    Well the more I play with this update less and less I like it
  • Options
    Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    Garage stats don't match upgrade stats.
    No race stats. Meaning no 60ft no trap speed equals horrible racing. How am I spouse to know where I am messing up in my launch or shifts. Dyno sheets are incorrect. I mean I'm wasting my breath here. I have never extended to make money off this game but I
    Am so close to setting up pay pal and letting the noobs buy all my assets now. It's a shame you took a great game and destroyed. Not only that but you just look like another app drag racing game. You are no longer unique.
  • Options
    Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    Sorry i am just so upset that the game I love and enjoy is no longer essential
  • Options
    NSXNSX Registered Users 42 Posts
    So in theory, where would that suit be from? Maybe Calvin Klein? Let's just admit it, you love the rush of running offhand m pinks.
    Bfrail wrote: »
    Ok so I have taken a little time to look at the new version. I won't call it a complete bust but it far from a successful idea and the intent of the update from a player Stand point

Successes in my opinion
    The boost on and off option
    New boost purchase system
    Sound seems better than before

Busted in my opinion
    New cars are not for sale in show room
    New rims not in show room for purchase
    Almost every race I ran said invalid it's a tie
    The fact you have to buy multiple crates and collect multiple things to get new cars
    Reclassifying of cars by down grading em

But the biggest issue I have is the ability to gift boosts to friends which can only be accomplished by linking and logging in to facebook. Oh yeah which by the way has had a major rash of accts being hacked. So go head and use the gift of boosts via Facebook but if you lose anything or your acct gets hacked RR will tell you they have no responsibility in the matter of facebook linked acct hackings. Thank for another feature I won't be using cause I refuse to subject my acct to a potential hack problem because you created a feature requiring a link to a major acct hack 3rd party login

In my opinion this update was created by cie/glu with their pockets in mind only not they players. Only way to get new content ie cars, graphics, rims is spending thousands on crates to collect the pieces you need to get them. This sham off an update has more cons than pros. I am severely more disappointed in this update than the bug filled version they gave us in July. Thanks for another lack luster update to only line your pockets and not increase the enjoyment of your consumers. I figure it's only a matter of time before someone looks into a class action suit. Storm8 another game maker lost a suit a few years back.
  • Options
    merk210merk210 Registered Users 3,038 Posts
    i wanna know if the lobby ratings have changed with the car ratings gunna suck have a 50 tuned car thrown in 56
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    Yea, there are some funky issues with the upgrade. All in all, I think its a step sideways. What I don't like, I really dont like. What I do like, I really do like.

Facebook is an issue as I don't have, nor will I ever, have a facebook account. As stated here previously, too many hackers. Not just in RR, but just about anything that has to do with FB seems to be trouble. So that takes me out of the GEMS issue.

Are the BOTS still in the game? I have not seen them yet.

I will keep playing. NEVER racing for pinks and racing for cash against people I know..(2 people I know here. lol) I have a decent amount of fun cars, cash and gems and I HAVE NEVER SPENT A SINGLE PENNY ON THIS GAME. (why do people always complain about spending money on the game. It just is not necessary)
  • Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    In my opinion it's better the main reason being its smoother for me.
  • Options
    TheMagicRatTheMagicRat Registered Users 28 Posts
    interesting that nobody has mentioned the biggest issue of all. Why in the bluest of blue hells did anyone think it was a good idea to change the repair system so that you now have to go in and manually finish repairs as opposed to the simple and efficient system we had where cars finished and were automatically ready to go. WHY MAKE THINGS HARDER???? THE WHOLE IDEA OF AN UPDATE IS TO FIX THINGS AND MAKE GAME-PLAY BETTER AND MORE INTUITIVE NOT LESS SO!!!!!!

Anyway, there are a bunch more really annoying things like the gear shift paddles shrinking, car ratings changing each time you login, the insane rearrangement of the parts orders so that all my written down tunes make no sense anymore! however all in all it is better than the July update that rendered the game unplayable for over a month (however that isn't saying much, in fact its like comparing being shot in the head to contracting Ebola, dengy fever and ross river virus all at once)!!!!!!
  • Options
    dutchmaster1984dutchmaster1984 Registered Users 951 Posts
    And bravo this update was to off set the market an make them money. Be as tho they are the sellers so win win for them.
  • Options
    Megatron27Megatron27 Registered Users 311 Posts
    No matter what update they apply this game has turned into a bust. Go ahead I know some of you senior members will bash my thread and I could care less. For all I know you are hackers being paid the game. Anyways, this game is a bust because of the hackers. By applying an update that requires FB just shows how jacked up these developers are and how much they support the hacking. They have seen so many hacks through FB and they require FB to share boost? Come on! If that doesn't show you how bad this game is then you deserve to be hacked. It just shows more and more how much they want you to be hacked so they can make more money. This game was great at one point. This game is a complete disaster now! Fix the hackers on this game before you start applying BS! That is if you truly have your customers in mind! One word to describe this game and it's developers, GARBAGE!!!
  • Options
    beaverdale strutbeaverdale strut Registered Users 92 Posts
    boy somebody could take the ideals of this game and leave out all the bad stuff and make a killer racing app
  • Options
    YourUpdateSucksYourUpdateSucks Registered Users 940 Posts
    I like it. And your argument that its dumb that you have to buy multiple crates to get the new cars is dumb. That's the point, they are not meant to be easy to obtain
  • Options
    Count DraculaCount Dracula Registered Users 18 Posts
    Not to mention the struggles with the showroom. Cie's response, "it'll be looked at before the next update". "Was this helpful" NO of course it wasn't. They want us to spend money on their game, but have taken the ability to do so away from many of us. Mind boggling, too many faults in this update out way the positives. Unsuccessful is my verdict.
  • Options
    TheMagicRatTheMagicRat Registered Users 28 Posts
    lets add parts install times. I managed to bag a BMW though other means but the parts take so long to install that the event will be over before i get a decent tune on it. Wouldn't be a big issue but the gem to complete prices are prohibitive if a part is gonna take 17hr to install. Not to mention the parts screens are so poorly designed as to make it almost unusable. I am about 1 500 error from selling my account at this point. Spend my time and money on doing up my own BMW and racing it on the street for real!
  • Options
    Ghost2690Ghost2690 Registered Users 8 Posts
    I agree with bfrail about the login gifts and the showdown. The prizes should really get boosted, especially when the prize window is only the top 10k and you only get a few thousand at the bottom and it's open to EVERYONE. As for them " further line their pockets", it is a FREE game. They have to make money on it some how. And people keep complaining about the cost of the crates being so high, but these same people don't bother complaining about the high-end cars costing a little under $30-$42 in gems or $100+ in cash. I understand that when you pay for something you want to feel like you got something great out of it (my 8 pulls on gold got me Ford Shelby GT500, 5 bp for 3 different cars, and 50 boosts....just so you don't think i got lucky and now have a new Pagani), but if you want to make sure you get the car you want, don't put up your rw money/ rr cash/ gems into something that is a lottery b/c you can get burned. And for people that complain about the crate cars not being for sale in the showroom.....GET OVER IT. If you want a X class car, look under Mazda. I'm glad to see that you have to "work" at getting a car that's worth getting rather than just getting it gifted to you because you can blow some rw money into an app.