Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

some questions to the pros

f-underwoodf-underwood Registered Users 1 Posts
hi everyone.

i read lots of threads and tuning tips and something but dont know answers to this questions...

i like this game very much and got really addicted but some things **** me up and the game is made in a way that your joy turns into frustration :( but maybe some of you can take a little bit of this frustration away. i play 5-6 hours per day and i calculate every part on the car with weight/hp ratio and always go for lightest weight/most hp setups. and here come the first problem:

i calculated weight/hp ratio of every car in every class. i'm happy that i found this recordlist of the best times for each car because i now know all my work is useless. a dodge dart for example which has a much worser weight/hp ratio in stock is faster then the scion tC if maxed.

question 1: is there any possibility to "see" or know which car will be more fast than another? even if it has worser stats in stock?

if not...not that dramatic because i have the list of the fastest cars now...but some are missing.

question 2: what is the best car for class d? in the list i have dodge dart, ford titanium and civic type-r are the fastest with 9.7 times. how does the crx si run? crx stats are missing in the list. this is very important for me as i want to build up the best cars in each class.

question3: would you agree that best cars for class C is 2000 impreza, for B evo 8 and for A 2002 skyline gtr ? i'm just thinking about the fastest in the list.

question 4: how does this dyno-thing work? i read everything about it and also tested a lot but it doesn't really make sense for me. at some cars it makes as the red area starts when the yellow line is increasing. but at some cars its also better to shift after the red area even if the yellow line in the dyno is decreasing after it. so sense? why there is a dyno if its useless in the end? why there is a dyno if u come to the end that u cant use it and have to test @ which rpm the car will be fastest? because theres no way to see it @ the dyno. or is there a way and i'm to stupid to figure it out?

question 5: how does the team-thing work? as everything is very expensive a good team seems to be the key in some way. can u give me a average number of points i have to make in the turfs for a top 100 team for example? my problem is...i need a team with freaks like me to share experience and get better. in my team all of the peepz say: just try different setups. yeah. as if i haven't tried before asking when i'm playing 6 to 7 hours per day. i'm not motivated this way and i'm not a casual gamer that looks at his nice car and just wants to click colourful buttons. i want to compete and i want a challenge ...but with same chances,. and same chances arent easy to get in this game because it seems so to be a secret-knowledge how to tune up your car best. so at this point the game for me isnt about who drives better and has better timing...its about who can read the dyno (which doesnt make sense for me) better or who understands the programmer of the game better who made a complex game but in this complexity is not really logical. are there teams which are expericenced and share there knowledge and how many points i have to make to be able to join?

Comments

• PIGP3NPIGP3N Registered Users 212 Posts
    Hey man, I'm really short on time. I'm on break at work so I cant help out at the moment. You seem to already have better knowledge than 90% of the players including the ridiculous programmers who have tried to make this game so complex that they have lost all logic and credibility. I'd like to share my knowledge with you. Send me a PM so we can chat at a later time.
  • Acet93Acet93 Registered Users 71 Posts
    Dude that is awesome you wrote what i couldnt lol for being lazy. top 100 teams require 25k rank points in turf wars and up.
  • BigDirtbagBigDirtbag Registered Users 14 Posts
    Haha.I feel your pain my dude! Like you I spend more hours a day playing thanI probably should.. I'm getting a handle how to tune my car right fir different lobbies ect.. but for the life of me don't understand the dyno either.. the update made it even worse.. like you I just want to have a chance at running a good race and not have it be about hacks, cheats abd computer jargon that I know nothing about, or inside information that so few "experience players"know but won't share.. but hey , at least you on a team that even talks to each other! My team has maybe three ppl that run turf out of 20..what's the point.. I run around 2k per turf and that's with spending 0 dollars.. I will continue to not spend a dime untill it gets to the point where it's about skill and not how much money I put into the game.... gettin off topic..in short.. I can totally relate
  • aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
    let me try to answer some of your question. sometimes having the best hp/lb ratio is not the best. ive notice that some of my cars run better when I have the worst hp/lb ratio. each car can vary depending on what lobby you are racing in. now with the update everything has changed, just finding the right car for each lobby is the hard part. if you are racing in lower lobby with a higher rating car try not to install nos. all my cars that I race with does not have nos due to the fact I race in lower lobbies.
  • GintenshiGintenshi Registered Users 56 Posts
    I've just gotten into tuning instead if throwing parts on, I've been reading up on everything but any help is always appreciated. So I hope people answer I would like to challenge the more experienceed players.
  • R311R311 Registered Users 221 Posts
    K lemme try this lol..

question 1: one way is by looking at the gains from the upgrade parts presetted to the car.. E.g. The f1 gtr starts with 1646 i think, but the gains from installing turbo or sc alone = over 100 hp O_O

question 2: like others have said, it all depends on the lobby ure in.. U can run in the fastest maxed D class but if youre in the wrong lobby, a C and even a B class will smoke u..

question3: the fastest of each class (aside from the R classes) is pointless if the car is in the wrong lobby.. and for me, i value ease to launch and shift more than anything.. so pick a decent car.. get use to its launches and shifts, then fine the rating its best at n ull be fine for the most part.

question 4: to keep it simple, just look at the horizontal axis.. Thats the rpm count (its in 2s). Find the peak on the yellow line and make sure when u shift ur rpm dial dont drop below this peak (thats ur power band)

question 5: yeah 25k per turf should get u in a top100 team if not better..
  • nadjirlomangcolobnadjirlomangcolob Registered Users 131 Posts
    I would like to raise these question:

on which lobby room does these cars fits to..
    Class A
    Toyota Supra
    Dodge Challenger SRT8
    Dodge Challenger R/T
    Chevy Camaro SS
    Acura NSX
    BMW M5

B Class
    Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Nissan Skyline GT-R
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
    Ford FPV GT-P
    Ford Mustang GT
    Dodge SRT4
    Chevy Camaro SS
    AMC Javelin SST

C Class
    Volkswagen GTI

Scion FR-S
    Nissan 300ZX
    Mazda RX-8
    Honda S2000 CR
    Honda Integra Type-R
    Dodge Charger R/T

D Class
    Volkswagen Jetta GLI

Scion tC
    Honda Civic Type-R
    Honda Civic Si
    Ford Focus Titanium
    Dodge Dart Rallye

• scootdillascootdilla Registered Users 101 Posts
    Wow i read your post and it's very interesting the game is far from complex IF you understand real drag racing if you have ever built a small block 350 Chevy it's street drag 101 ok just think 1 sec if the weight to horsepower ratio was the holy grail then the 1970 datsun would be the fastest car on the game but it's far from it build these cars as you would a real drag car and your frustrations will almost stop I'm not going to tell all because yes I sell tunes but think you have to transfer weight to the ground so sometimes being to light is worse