Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Can someone explain this to me?

PIGP3NPIGP3N Registered Users 212 Posts
I'm not the biggest turf racer but for a while I've noticed a lot of inconsistencies. For starters can someone tell me if there is a logical reason for this scenario? The maxed out ford focus which has a best time of about 9.703 cannot go into a 1650 turf lobby without being detuned to a 9.720 yet a Camaro z28 can be tuned for a 1650 lobby with a time well into the 9.4's and other cars as well can be tuned for a time within 9.6's and 9.5's for this same lobby. I find it ridiculous that a 9.703 ford focus cannot go into this lobby because it's too fast. Is there something I'm not seeing? Is there logic somewhere here or is this another case of asinine planning?

Comments

• Options
    mastermindmastermind Registered Users 11 Posts
    I've always thought about too. maxed 1665 m3 run 8.3 gets put in 1668 lobby, but ford gtr rated 1663 runs 8.2 in a 1663.. I guess the system rates cars base on time without boost. but we all know higher class cars reacts different when on boost do to there trap speed. Glu should make a better lobby system instead
  • Options
    King DavidKing David Registered Users 181 Posts
    tumblr_lm0grjyLKE1qdlkgg.gif
  • Options
    Scooter boyScooter boy Registered Users 6 Posts
    wow 9,7 focus ! would like to have the tuning specs for that ,, care to share :)
  • Options
    Cantdoit87Cantdoit87 Registered Users 308 Posts
    pretty sure they royally jacked up the lobby system pretty much....I think it has to do with their values on rates for each part for different cars dependent from the cars stock values? im curious to know how the system is valued myself
  • Options
    LightningbryceLightningbryce Registered Users 29 Posts
    My favorite is the lightning that runs 9.2-9.3 but it does that at a 1657 rating wen I have other b and c class cars capable of 9.0's or faster at 1656 rating