Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

just a suggestion for upgrade/tuning options

ALEXpsceALEXpsce Registered Users 2 Posts
just some things you may want to consider, engine swaps like coyotee and ls, drivetrain swaps like fwd and awd to rwd, popular changes that people do to their real competitive drag cars.

adding more adjustability from the trans would be great, like add an option to allow adjustable ratios for added cost, or at least adjustable rear end/final drive ratios. maybe a "split tree" for some upgrades, like for the engine/intake, allow people to pursue upgrades for a carbed setup or fuel injected, with different mods for each? may be too technical for this game, the complex simplicity makes it great!

also, allowing different trans to be run, such as a manual valve body auto with torque converter upgrades/tuning, instead of making every car a manual with clutch. maybe make autos shift faster but harder to launch? would allow different builds, maybe quicker passes and defo put more speed in the hands of the driver.

and of course, one thing that will get me ragged on, why not add some torque monsters? i have seen some quick pickups running cummins or powerstroke diesels, maybe add some bigger trucks and roll coal?

just a thought, any support for these suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    EpicInvasion714EpicInvasion714 Registered Users 10 Posts
    I think they should add the srt10 ram but as for the other suggestions I think its way too complicated they have said they have a team of 30 and not all are put into researching cars I think that is asking way too much when they have their hands full with this update which sucks
  • Options
    EpicInvasion714EpicInvasion714 Registered Users 10 Posts
    I think they should add the srt10 ram but as for the other suggestions I think its way too complicated they have said they have a team of 30 and not all are put into researching cars I think that is asking way too much when they have their hands full with this update which sucks
  • Options
    DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    I was just coming to suggest diesels or atleast more trucks. Diesel Performance has a really big fallowing even more so outside the US. Stock fullsize 4x4 crewcab trucks 7000lbs run 16s all the way up to 9s heavy modded. TDI jetta's have a big fallowing there are even some diesel race cars Audi, Benz. Heck there is a guy that races a fullsize diesel van that run 10s and isn't even heavy modded.

If you did a "split tree" for mods you have to have the ability to revert mods. Which I would like to see anyways. I mean come on who hasn't put a part on a vehicle and then change it the next day after it didn't perform the way they thought.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    ALEXpsce wrote: »
    just some things you may want to consider, engine swaps like coyotee and ls, drivetrain swaps like fwd and awd to rwd, popular changes that people do to their real competitive drag cars.

adding more adjustability from the trans would be great, like add an option to allow adjustable ratios for added cost, or at least adjustable rear end/final drive ratios. maybe a "split tree" for some upgrades, like for the engine/intake, allow people to pursue upgrades for a carbed setup or fuel injected, with different mods for each? may be too technical for this game, the complex simplicity makes it great!

also, allowing different trans to be run, such as a manual valve body auto with torque converter upgrades/tuning, instead of making every car a manual with clutch. maybe make autos shift faster but harder to launch? would allow different builds, maybe quicker passes and defo put more speed in the hands of the driver.

and of course, one thing that will get me ragged on, why not add some torque monsters? i have seen some quick pickups running cummins or powerstroke diesels, maybe add some bigger trucks and roll coal?

just a thought, any support for these suggestions?
    I would love to do V8 in my RX8, it's a serious dud with the rotary. The only thing i wish and want, is the ability to remove Nitrous. I can deal with SC and turbo's being permanent, but nitrous should be removable
  • Options
    NewJohnnyNewJohnny Registered Users 66 Posts
    mmm, i think there is still lots of mods/parts can be add into the RR.
    something like: -lightweight crank pulley, cam pulley, propeller shaft, drive shaft, battery, windows/windscreen, rooftop, rims(i dont know why aftermarket rims are not lighter than stock one, for those street and saloon car)
    these only for weight reduction....ofcourse not all the cars can have these lightweight mods/parts(supercars already have pretty much best material)

also the rim size could affected overall performance and speed.

i wish we can have further tuning on gear ratio.

And i wish you guys can separate two section of lobbies, the 'join friend' feature is just bad.
    Separate into -open world
    -class specific/ rating specific

yeah, also have the ability to remove conversion parts(turbo/supercharger and NOS) , bodyparts like spoilers