Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Let's lock the multiplayer rooms already.

RevainRevain Registered Users 2 Posts
Please lock the multiplayer rooms, like you do in turf wars. Make the rooms accessible only to the cars within the ranks. Fix the friend system to where you have to accept the friend invite, and they can only join their friend if their car matches the room rank. The Scrubs are becoming a big problem for start up players, and honestly a complete nuisance. When 60% of the 1625 room is 1656 cars, then how do you expect new players to gain SC, cash, or pinks for that matter. Do everyone a favor and lock the rooms.

Comments

• Options
    THAT FN GUYTHAT FN GUY Registered Users 4 Posts
    That would be nice
  • Options
    grim racergrim racer Registered Users 2 Posts
    i think showing car rating would be a better solution so you would still be able to trade cars rrc,ect
  • Options
    RevainRevain Registered Users 2 Posts
    That sounds reasonable as well.
  • Options
    xx THUNDERSTRUCK xxxx THUNDERSTRUCK xx Registered Users 189 Posts
    Went in to a room to do a deal with a stock civic si and people in there with 61 evos hounding the new players and stealing cars.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    This is the post from Ryyst on my thread in the discuss section

Quote"We allow players to join friends in normal lobbies. What people do with that feature is really something we can't control. However, we've said time and time again. Be smart when you take the chance on losing your car in a Pink Slip Race.

1. There are no easy wins
    2. if something is too good to be true, than it probably is.
    3. Your opponent thinks she/he can beat you
    4. Why would a D class car owner pink an R class
    5. Like in real Drag Racing, you never know whats under the hood.
    6. Do not underestimate the competitive nature of other human beings."Quote

While it's "working as intended", there is something we can do. We can out those who piggyback (my term for the practice), nothing was said about not doing it. I do so every time i run in the lobby's, Using the Bots to tune. If they are stupid enough to challenge me they will be outed. Street cred is nothing but a bullseye for piggybackers, so i use it. Don't mind losing 1-500 dollars, to see the rating. I also talk trash to them, nothing better than saying, they are half the player the car deserves. BTW once raced, you can check their garages. I found three hackers this way. all level 1 with 20+ cars
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    The bots are computer controlled accounts, that show up in lobbys where there are less than 9 players. Three max will show up, if there is room. You will know them, because #1. they never get tied up in races, #2 they reflect your Cred total, #3 they never turn down a challenge. They also never bet or pink.

Here's some of the names used in the bot accounts:
    Velysaan
    Zombie Princess
    Atomic Engine
    Sage
    MrGree
    Perfectshift
    GTfreek
    There are a few more, those are off the top of my head.

The best way to get the bots, is to go to the lowest populated room in your lobby and wait. Sometimes you can get lucky and open a third room, with just you and the bots (max of three). How i do it, is go to the highest populated room, go to the far right (click and drag the player list at the bottom), then double click. If both rooms are close to full a third room will pop up with you and the bots. I also do this with low repair cars, to do shift points for easy cash. the higher the car in class the more you can make.

The main reasons for using the bots for tuning.

The are predictable,
    the starting timer is more stable, no surprise lights or 40+ second burndowns.

They are also close to your car, so you still have to leave good. It's not that i want easy, I want a more fair setup other than piggybacks. This is why i rarely race outside, the turf or showdown
  • Options
    Rallypig31Rallypig31 Registered Users 28 Posts
    I agree with what ryyst said and disagree. I agree as in rule 1 is you never know what the other guy has. But recently I had a 1630 dodge dart in a 1630 room. The said lobby is also where new players who haven't even raced 1 campaign race are. Some of these cars still slow enough to get blown away by a 1630. Within 5 min I watched 2 maxed evos, 2 SRT challengers come in plus a couple others. I did the right thing to protect the newer racers by calling these people out. But for someone who has never played before? I know at least in turf if I lost its either bad tune, bad launch, bad shifts, no boost. The only things that a new racer can get is o crap I'll never do that again, someone like me who never pinks or someone who gets fed up and never plays again.