Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

PETITION - Do away with "damage" to cars after a race!

Jay EscoJay Esco Registered Users 121 Posts
Looking for people to chime in on changing the "damage" given to cars after races. Maybe enough voice from fans/players will make a bit of change in a future update. Show some support!

Stop keeping us for being able to use our favorite cars more often please! Get rid of the "damage".

Regards,
Jay Esco
Same IGN.

Comments

• Options
    harjot48harjot48 Registered Users 7 Posts
    I agree with you. It's a hassle having to wait to use your favorite cars. I completely agree with you!
  • Options
    DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    I like it. It makes it more challenging. I would like a practice track with 0 damage or a significant decrease though. Some cars by the time I can get the launch down its to the point its taking damage and its needs to repair for the 17 hrs.
  • Options
    GintenshiGintenshi Registered Users 56 Posts
    Never going to happen, its a core mechanic to the game. Though I do agree a test track with 0 damage would be nice
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I play another game called Battle Pirates, you think the repairs suck here? There you use a fleet (5 ships) for 5 minutes and repair for 10-25 hours, unless you wish to coin the repairs, usually in the $4-5.00 US range. At least here, depending on build, you can run for hours on many cars even with 12-16 hour full repairs
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We could always implement an energy system..... but I think you'd probably not like that more.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    davethepointdavethepoint Registered Users 62 Posts
    i think itsn perfect like this.
  • Options
    z1nkstarz1nkstar Registered Users 9 Posts
    Ryyst I believe that its not that the Damaging Cars need to go away But there should be a line on which cars have more damage than others like you can Race the SRT Viper GTS-R 4 Times then you have to wait like 16 hours could there be a drop in how much damage is actually being done?
  • Options
    iStevoiStevo Registered Users 19 Posts
    i would love a test track, i cant practice my max cars, lol. you lose nothing by doing that..
  • Options
    dustyduffdustyduff Registered Users 1,143 Posts
    One option that I think needs to change is to have the ability to remove nos after it'd installed. I've been waiting on this one for a while. No nos cars are better in turf.
  • Options
    BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    Please please fix it where u can take the nos off also u should be able to remove the SC & the turbo if u want this is a big deal !!!
  • Options
    Please please fix it where u can take the nos off also u should be able to remove the SC & the turbo if u want this is a big deal !!!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    EnCRypTedEnCRypTed Registered Users 644 Posts
    Damage is fine. It's like a real car, gotta repair after runs... Test track,, please !!
  • Options
    brianv3nturabrianv3ntura Registered Users 174 Posts
    No way in hell they will ever take way damage on cars. They would lose money on a free game.

If you turf, then you'll understand why it's a bad idea to take away damage.
  • Options
    eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    With so many things already costing gems I think it's bad that you have to pay gems just to race as well. Maybe making it where there is some kind of trade off that gives you the ability to purchase the repair with either gems or in game cash since they are both sold by GLU.

www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    King AlexKing Alex Registered Users 8 Posts
    Gem usage is a big money maker for turfs and stuff people will use gems to pay off repair waits so I doubt we'll see that gone any time soon but a practice track is a good idea. If you get a new car and want to practice it you'll be limited hugely as you can only do so many runs till you are hit with Engine Damage.
  • Options
    deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    just make it so that we can watch a lot more ads to reduce repair time. I've noticed there are maybe 4 ads per day now and it sucks.
  • Options
    deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    just make it so that we can watch a lot more ads to reduce repair time. I've noticed there are maybe 4 ads per day now and it sucks.