Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Point Swapping (FIX IT)

dustyduffdustyduff Registered Users 1,143 Posts
I have been turfing for a LONG TIME and honestly I'm ready to stop and just sell everything. I saw a message saying that this was going to end after the fiasco last turf. This turf was just as bad. We almost completely dropped out of top 100 at one point due to point swappers. When is GLU going to put an end to it or punish those people doing it?

Comments

• Millionaire MotorsMillionaire Motors Registered Users 514 Posts
    If they would actually do what they said they was thinking about doing instead of making it a idle threats. Taking points from chicken outs is the answer. Take points from one person and give them to another, that way there is no possible way to swap. That gives more of a incentive to race for cash and pinks. If it runs away some of the slackers that only do free non boosted races then so be it. Turf was made to be a high risk event. As far as boost goes, hell you can get 35 per week with free boost gifting, another 30 if your team is in the top 600 from the 50 gems. If your one of those who is always broke, then go farm cash on campaign. I don't see any reason to cry. All of those is free methods. Need more than that, sell a milli and buy gems.
  • roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    I'm done with turfing until they do something... it's ridiculous...
  • speedfreakkspeedfreakk Registered Users 5 Posts
    Chicken points are needed. Only thing i say is if someone chickens make the next points really low and make the time it takes to refresh point longer. Either way something needs to be done forsure
  • dustyduffdustyduff Registered Users 1,143 Posts
    I'm just pissed off that I have to try THAT MUCH HARDER racing than these point swappers. Don't get me wrong. I don't agree with the 2 day long repair times, but i keep enough of every car to be able to just get the next one and keep going. I was hoping to see people temp banned or punished for swapping. They are robbing the people actually playing the game as intended and I'd like to see GLU take action.
  • nitromayhemnitromayhem Registered Users 35 Posts
    I agree duff this stuff has got to come to a end. point swapping isn't a new thing by any means but it has gotten completely out of hand (bad) and it hurting good teams and players and causing some good players to walk away cant say i have never swapped but after the hsv event i seen all the damage it caused and my team did as well and we been try to put a stop to it within our team but its hard to monitor everybody's every move. But the last 2 weeks with no swapping it has pushed use out of top 100 we barley got by last week and tonight came in at 110 very disappointing when you look at our team scores and know that we were pushing hard we could to go no where. I heard through the grape vine that people got accounts banned thats not going to work new accounts are to easy to make and cars are to easy to move there needs to be some kind of limit set like pinks to at least slow this down to a min cause you cant just do away with chicken or you have all the big guys cleaning out the little guy of cash and cars. maybe and its not real fair to to take chicken points away completely but if it takes the game back to normal racing even if people still boost every race it still means there working for something cause people screw up they foul, spin, miss shift what ever that's still racing and i can live with that.I don't i'm afraid if it don't change soon i going to pull away from turf and then the game really isnt much then unless i sit there and sell nothing but pay pal and that just doesn't sound fun i want to race compete grudge match top teams etc.
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I agree duff this stuff has got to come to a end. point swapping isn't a new thing by any means but it has gotten completely out of hand (bad) and it hurting good teams and players and causing some good players to walk away cant say i have never swapped but after the hsv event i seen all the damage it caused and my team did as well and we been try to put a stop to it within our team but its hard to monitor everybody's every move. But the last 2 weeks with no swapping it has pushed use out of top 100 we barley got by last week and tonight came in at 110 very disappointing when you look at our team scores and know that we were pushing hard we could to go no where. I heard through the grape vine that people got accounts banned thats not going to work new accounts are to easy to make and cars are to easy to move there needs to be some kind of limit set like pinks to at least slow this down to a min cause you cant just do away with chicken or you have all the big guys cleaning out the little guy of cash and cars. maybe and its not real fair to to take chicken points away completely but if it takes the game back to normal racing even if people still boost every race it still means there working for something cause people screw up they foul, spin, miss shift what ever that's still racing and i can live with that.I don't i'm afraid if it don't change soon i going to pull away from turf and then the game really isnt much then unless i sit there and sell nothing but pay pal and that just doesn't sound fun i want to race compete grudge match top teams etc.
    The problem is, if you have to pink to point, that will kill a lot of legit racers that choose not to pink every race. I have the same exact thoughts on piggybackers, those weak players that jump into friends lobby's with over spec cars. The problem is, Forcing pinks to get points will kill a lot os Glu's income base, from free boosters. I don't claim to know the answers, but like piggybackers, points swapping will kill the game and bottom line for Glu
    Bump it up. Hope an admin sees this
  • GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    I am also tired of the weak players who have to cheat/exploit the game to make any points! Let's post pics of people who suck and have to resort to this! Here's my contribution! tvQrToN.jpg sJUG33i.jpgjBC9cwN.jpg1biJTaE.jpg
    Cont. kYFEknO.jpgX2bG1Fk.jpgsOCQBqT.jpgkgwYDPd.jpg
    bdVwVHi.jpgPdzkxUt.jpg So I have posted some weak players askin to swap and I showed their weak and cheating teams! Some placed good but now you know why!
  • SaltyskroobSaltyskroob Registered Users 172 Posts
    GLU needs to recode the game so that points are not awarded for chickening or only if the chickening comes when people are raised to pinks. That way there is a real risk to this behavior which will be stamped out by the good players. My crew has been affected by this as well.

That being said, GLU also needs to look back at the older turf lineups, bring back the older events and make it 4 days instead of 3 like it used to be. This past event where there were only 3 cars eligible to race for 2 events was not fun. The events are much more fun when there are lots of different cars to race and you can race different classes and have a chance (Corolla v. Supra doesn't count).

By opening up the events to more players by throwing a JDM, AWD, Supercharger, or Turbo event in, the amount of players online increases, points are plentiful, and swapping goes away.

Everyone was happy with the event lineup before and for some reason they changed it. Developers should abide by the old adage of "if its not broken don't fix it"...
    GLU needs to recode the game so that points are not awarded for chickening or only if the chickening comes when people are raised to pinks. That way there is a real risk to this behavior which will be stamped out by the good players. My crew has been affected by this as well.

That being said, GLU also needs to look back at the older turf lineups, bring back the older events and make it 4 days instead of 3 like it used to be. This past event where there were only 3 cars eligible to race for 2 events was not fun. The events are much more fun when there are lots of different cars to race and you can race different classes and have a chance (Corolla v. Supra doesn't count).

By opening up the events to more players by throwing a JDM, AWD, Supercharger, or Turbo event in, the amount of players online increases, points are plentiful, and swapping goes away.

Everyone was happy with the event lineup before and for some reason they changed it. Developers should abide by the old adage of "if its not broken don't fix it"...
    ^^ I fully agree, single car events do no one any good. any type that all can't at least participate, will kill Glu profits. two turfs ago it was X class, SRT GTR and ZR1 I think, All gem or extreme high priced cars. all of the X class cars, except for the furai, come from crates. Most will not go through enough crates, then gem the build, just for one turf segment. last weeks was also similar, higher cash or gem type categories.

On the same subject, the showdown should be free for all every time. You are not going to lure new players by throwing special class limits on them
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We're still weighing our options. Nothing is really simple as we have to rethink how points work in events and see how that would affect the game overall. We want Chicken Outs to be a negative thing. Events like Turf wars were meant to be high risk. So you wish to participate, then you have to race. So yes, we do have to think of every possible outcome with every possible solution we think of.

As for the event restrictions. It's not like we haven't changed them up before. Every week it's different. So yes, some times we might make it very restrictive, sometimes we won't. So yes, we understand that this has caused people to "exploit" the system in unintended ways, so either we'll need to come up with a way to stop the exploit, which would change the way the point system works, or look at ways of punishing teams that do choose to exploit the system.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• pistolapistola Registered Users 437 Posts
    why not make no race no points? point swapping is just as bad as somebody (vets) knowing they can beat you (newb) and keep challenging you cause they know you are gonna forefeet.
    couple update back I was having issue where I could not race if I was challenged cause game would freeze. so when people realized I couldn't race they would keep challenge me getting free points. that will make it pretty honost races IMO cause you both would know that the cars will go down track.
  • Crazy KellsCrazy Kells Registered Users 126 Posts
    How about instead of rewarding the normal turf car the ones that point swapped they recieve a specially wraped Datsun that says I CHEAT
  • FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    Limit races between the same opponents in turf, one race per opponents and allow rotation to different servers so there are enough races. Swapping solved
    Problem is millionaire, with forfeiting, you lose points? No need for me to turf then, A lot of us don't pink, but race hard for points. Forcing me to accept pink or lose, will put me out of racing permanently. I don't swap points, and race hard. But losing points for forfeiting, punishes me and many others. As it stands, I'm stuck at level 250, turfs is all i have left in game to accomplish.

​sorry if that happened, RR would lose many good racers. That would be bad for business
  • Zombies8RZombies8R Registered Users 52 Posts
    I think it should be no race no points or deductions for either. if you want to pink or bet big money then fine, high stakes high rewards is fair.
    I hate to burst your bubbles, but pinksing will always be part of turf. Pinksing offers a way to score points quickly with the risk of losing your car. More importantly......do you think that they would get rid of a money maker for them? Think about it. You pinks to get cars that you trade for points....eventually people buy more cars.
  • DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    I didn't even know you can do this. lol I like the idea of giving points swappers Cheating cars. Maybe make it more fun. Live during the race after X point swaps between members all of your eligible cars get detune to mid way of the lobby and get a Cheater wraps for the rest of the event. Lets say X starts out higher maybe 10, but once you get busted it drops to 9 and so on until you get 0 then no point for chickening.