Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

YOU DESTROYED THE GAME

2Next

Comments

• Josh3235Josh3235 Registered Users 122 Posts
    I'm the scammers worst enemy so I've been loving this update. Lol.
  • cagedbullcagedbull Registered Users 184 Posts
    Love the update now, seperates the slow from the fast and the brave from the sacred. Ill race ANY same class, doesnt matter now.
  • Lord FaulkinLord Faulkin Registered Users 36 Posts
    Maybe some of the hackers work for the game!! Bring back the ratings so we can see the hackers! Put the game back the way it was!!
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Hackers are different than sand baggers or scammers.. Hackers are ones in cars that are faster than they can ever possibly be.(8 second civics).. Sand baggers drive fast cars but pretend to go slow so you think you have a chance and then they bet you and race fast.. "Hunters" (as i like to call em are people that go into slower rooms with faster cars and bet big and race for pinks.. Scammers are ones that tell you they'll give you there car because they are quitting but then take your car. Liars so to speak. I just wanted to get everyone on the same page with terminology. "Hacker" seems to be the go to term but that's not always the correct name for what your trying to explain.
  • myturbomyturbo Registered Users 41 Posts
    Rating is stupid , thats like going out to race in real life and expecting ppls cars to have it painted on them.. Just be smart about who u race , and getting to know what the cars can run etc.. Cant win em all!
  • DaftDaft Registered Users 3 Posts
    It's no surprise that the game developers want to make $$ but if I have to pump 40 gems into my car every 5-10 races, it's worthless. I'm quickly losing interest in this game. I'd rather put the $$ into my actual car instead of this game. If they were to lower the gem rates for repairs and installs, I'd be more likely to keep playing. 22 gems to install an air filter?? Really?!?
  • BOURNE_PotatoBOURNE_Potato Registered Users 13 Posts
    I just lost a Scirrocco, that I paid 220 gems for; the buyback price is 1492 gems. WHAT???? Rip off city. $40 to buy back a $5 car? Seriously contemplating quiting this game. I won't be spending another dime, I know that much.
  • MaxedOutMaxedOut Registered Users 206 Posts
    U go buy a new car off the Car lot drive it off the lot , guess what it's a used car and ur lost money..... Game no different. Some stuff is over priced but a lot of things in life r
  • speed racer1990speed racer1990 Registered Users 130 Posts
    Ratings is a needed in this game. Higher players take advantage of lower players. We cannot bet if we don't know someone else's ratings so it can be a fair race. A 1649 should race a 1649 and be able to bet comfortably without having to worry about if they are a higher rated car. You made just as much money maybe even more when you had ratings.
  • Canon GuyCanon Guy Registered Users 63 Posts
    I just don't race cars above the class I'm racing at the time. It wil cut down on the loses.
  • BeetleJuice™BeetleJuice™ Registered Users 114 Posts
    not sure why it's so hard to understand, but if you assume every car is maxed, you wouldn't have a problem.