Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Disqualified in race for Pinks. What's going on.

79Alan7979Alan79 Registered Users 20 Posts
I raced a Type R civic earlier for pinks. I was already boosted and beat him. However I was disqualified and lost my car. What the hell is up with this game. It sucks since I spend money on gems for this game.

Comments

• Options
    XxHusstlexXXxHusstlexX Registered Users 513 Posts
    Welcome to the team bro..
  • Options
    GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    I have a buddy that lost 10 R class cars in turf wars for the same bs. I ain't pinking nothing until it's fixed.
  • Options
    deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    CIE won't do anything to get your car back they'll promise to "look into it" and you might be lucky to see a fix next update. But no them cars are as good as gone. Might as well never pink again. That's a gamers safest bet.
  • Options
    roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    I barely pinked during the last turf, and won't do so until they fix that DQ and error -3 crap...
  • Options
    aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
    during turf on my last race, i boosted before i race and then a challenger pinked me so i did, i won and i ended getting dq AGAIN! this is ridiculous when members are paying to boost and we end up losing our cars when we win
  • Options
    CEI is obliviously not going to do anything about it. Like mentioned in another thread. It's not hurting their pocket books. Only ours....
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    sigh, again we are working on this, not ignoring you. It takes time to build out a release canidate especially in a office as small as ours
  • Options
    I didn't ask if you fixed it. I want to know if I'm going to have my car replaced. The game is still getting error restarts. Just pissed since I bought gems to replace the car that was lost in the DQ
  • Options
    By the way, I guess introducing new upgrades in the wheel store is more important than fixing the bug.... Also, using the word "sigh" is such a piss poor way to respond back to this issue. Believe it or not we are PAYING customers.
  • Options
    aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
    i just lost my stella that i boosted when i ran pink..i got that error -3. it would be nice if all members that got that message and lost car some type of refund. i paid to boost and lost money doing it. "sigh" smh. dont worry 79alan79 they will eventually fix it when they start losing customers when a game similiar to his comes out and there is no error or bug to fix "on the next patch"
  • Options
    maybe i shouldn't have said "sigh" but i had responded to this issue about 18 times in 14 different threads that day and was getting tired of the hating responses. My bad. As to releasing wheel upgrades over bug fixes, content is run separate of dev and is not in the same backlog of issues, therefore it can go forward without impacting development. As for waiting for another game that has no bugs....I have never seen a game that didnt have something to fix or make better. Now for the actual issue it is something we are working on and is almost ready to go live. As for reimbursing this is something I have to go over it with the bosses, but we are working out a system to assist with this.
  • Options
    deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    "Thank you for contacting Racing Rivals Support!

Unfortunately when it comes to pink slip races, if a car is lost to another player, we are unable to restore the car for whatever reason.

Disqualifications can happen for several reasons, meant to protect the players. For example, If a car reaches an ET that is faster than it should, you get disqualified, if you disconnect during a race, you get disqualified. Unfortunately with disconnects we aren't able to verify a "legit" disconnect from an "intedned" disconnect so if for whatever reason you disconnect while in a pink slip race, it counts as a disqualification.

Pink Slip or High Stakes wages should not be made if you are unprepared to lose what is up for a bet. There are no guarantees when it comes to these races. While you are sure you will be able to win, your opponent is also sure they can win.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
    Racing Rivals Support "

That's what I got from CIE. I'm learning from other gamers experience in this is that people boost during a race challenge from the other person and by doing so it causes the DQ. If you boost BEFORE a challenge this will reduce the chances of you getting the DQ. So don't mechanical boost during someone challenging you. DO it before you race or get challenged. That's what I've been hearing and I haven't had it happen since. I still get the 13 error and red restart prompt but that's another story. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I didn't boost before the race. I already had 8 boosts, because of the other glitch in the game. All paid for by my gem purchases. I think CEI will do whatever they want and say whatever they want. Pretend to care. Untill we stop spending money and they can't afford their $5 lattes, Fixie bikes, Hipster hair cuts, Fusion taco truck meals, slim Jeans and their KCCO shirts. As for your "sigh" I don't need a fawkin excuse. Go fix your program, make shiat right with me and others that spent money and call it good customer service. WE are CUSTOMER right? You guys provide a service, WE spend money on it. You get a pay check. Also, it's not about the money for me. It's about the lack of getting it fixed. Like you guys fixed the glitch where everyone got tons of money and you guys then went and banned people and them emptied people's cash. Funny how you guys fix stuff that hurts YOUR bottom line. Not OURs.
  • Options
    There was supposed to be spaces to make it paragraphs. Sorry.
  • Options
    AnoezAnoez Registered Users 27 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryystron;n19643] Disqualifications occur automatically by our system when it detects an issue with a car being used. Could be anything from missing parts to it being too light, running a time that car should not be able to hit, losing connection during the race, etc. The biggest thing that our system checks for is for race times. If your car goes faster than it should, you get DQed. If your times are fine, that may mean that there may be a part that's not right. I would suggest trying different parts on your car to see if that changes anything.[/QUOTE] Nooo not their system, their system was PERFECT guys!! Must be racer or our devices fault. It can't be their system faulty. Maybe all iOs around the world goin burnin' like y2k
  • Options
    The boosting while pink slipping DQ should be better now having been hot fixed, as for the -3 restart issue it is in our next build that we are just finishing QA on
  • Options
    What's the word on getting our compensation for lost cars and gems? You got a boost glitch too. I buy3 and it stalls up and then I get 9 and charged for all 9. Then while racing for money I get "purchased failed"icon that pops up that freezes my racing till I acknowledge it. FIX this fing game
  • Options
    FOX FOX FOXFOX FOX FOX Registered Users 1,039 Posts
    The whole idea of cie "u lost a car due to our fault? We are sorry but we not gonna return it to u, please pay as we like money"
  • Options
    razoorrazoor Registered Users 101 Posts
    I guess I shouldn't be more upset that fox responds to you guys but not all of us
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I try to respond to everyone. We are setting up a gift to compensate players. as said above DQ's due to boosting should be fixed. I will look into the bug of multiple boost, as for the lag we are waiting on Apple to verify our patch
  • Options
    Where's the fawking gems I used to pay for a replacement car? Fix this fawkin game!!!! Or refund our money!!!