Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Gems and boosts in Turf War

BigBirdMcCoyBigBirdMcCoy Registered Users 149 Posts
I just won the TW corvette and am very happy about that, but when I stopped and thought about the gem pay out compared to the amount of gems it takes to compete in TW I thought it was extremely low.
After TW my team discussed how many gems we all had spent this tournament and even though I spent over 1000, I didn't realize that some players were spending 3000-5000 gems in 1 TW from boosting cars and repairing cars, and having to buy special gem event cars.
My suggestion is that CIE either makes repair time, boosts, and event cars cheaper during TW or just make the gem part of the pay outs higher. I am not suggesting that the pay outs should be 1000s of gems but more then 20 to 75 for the people that do not get 1st 2nd or 3rd. even the top teams pay outs seem low in comparison to what those teams spent in gems.
I just thought this would be a good idea since TW has gotten bigger then what CIE had originally expected.

Comments

• Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    an idea we have been bouncing around, so rest assured we are looking into it
  • Options
    Casedood2k4Casedood2k4 Registered Users 35 Posts
    My personal response to that is why? The guys spending 100s of THOUSANDS of dollars in real life for their race cars don't get equal to payouts. Make it realistic like most of everything else on the game is. Winning turf isn't about a prize car or gems. It's about being a winner. Plus, if you look at every other team and what they spend for any payout, it's not worth it to them. All that happens is the rich get richer. Also- why increase payout? That makes CIE even less money. Want my idea to make it more "fair"? Don't let the top three teams compete for two weeks haha. It's always the same guys over and over and over. Not really, don't do that. It'll just make ppl shift teams and make more drama. My end take on it though is if you want to win, you gotta earn and pay for it. Because if I were to get a payout that was close to what I spent, I'd race all day, win a prize car, and sell it for real money, then buy more gems again lol. Maybe a slight increase like +50 or +100 for all payouts, but anything more than that is just a handout. What I would like to see, more legit sponsor goals for gems. What I mean is like earning "real sponsorships". Like if you run "experimental" parts exclusively on a car and win 75% of races you get a weekly payout. I know that'd be VERY difficult to make but more sponsor goals in General would be cool. Otherwise, like me, they are all finished in two days of racing and there's nothing left to work for expect turf.
  • Options
    We are working on re-vamped goals and achievements
  • Options
    Heavyd7676Heavyd7676 Registered Users 122 Posts
    would the revamped goals and achievements be available to us players who already have all the other achievements in the game or only new accts
  • Options
    it would be backwards compatible
  • Options
    Cyberkid28Cyberkid28 Registered Users 273 Posts
    I've never won a turf car :( I'm seeing how long I can go without buying gems