Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Racer showdown empty rooms groups of same people over and over

Mide1337Mide1337 Registered Users 30 Posts
So I invest a fair amount of gems and rrc to get into racer showdown and then when I try to play them I end up being in empty rooms or with the same ppl over and over again.
The current one got me pretty pissed off since I went from 1635 to 1650+ rating on my Honda s2000 and there were maybe 7 different people there all together and 4 of those 7 I faced over and over again on some specific rating...

Anyone else having these problems or just me?

Comments

• Options
    bighead6988bighead6988 Registered Users 3,619 Posts
    Yep, this showdown is a joke
  • Options
    Mide1337Mide1337 Registered Users 30 Posts
    The worst thing is that I'm loosing my position non-stop can't rank for shit and wasted resources for nothing :-/
  • Options
    Ant2GAnt2G Registered Users 478 Posts
    Showroom and turfs are not investments and should not be thought of as such... There for "fun" no financial gain will be made even if you win as the cost far exceeds the prize.
  • Options
    Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    Same thing here! Very annoying! How the hell do the top guys get 80,000 points in 1 day? Points go down every time you race the same person.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    Ant2G wrote: »
    Showroom and turfs are not investments and should not be thought of as such... There for "fun" no financial gain will be made even if you win as the cost far exceeds the prize.

I beg to differ on the turf, It's essentially a team sport type of activity. If you don't have the proper car, someone else probably does. Showdowns should be about, getting people excited about turfs. When you use a gem car for the event, you detract from the player base that are asking, What the heck is a turf? What is a showdown? When i explain it, they say 'OK no real difference, but team affiliation huh?".

Sorry, but the current format of the showdown is dead, unless changes are made

#1. Open up the lobby's; I play the same people every turf, Why? Is it servers? Is it strain on bad code? Whats the problem with truly playing against the world?

#2 Better prizes; A plated car is not going to get me to coin, no matter what it is. Why not throw up some previous prizes that people really want? Like the Deuce, or the Top Fool Dragster, doesn't have to be the same as the turf, with new cars. But some of the older cars are nice, even gem showroom cars would be good incentive.

#3 . This weeks showdowns were too restrictive; Mutsubishi has only two models and 80% of those owned are maxxed and used by piggybackers, won't find them in the turf, or showdown, as they can't play on their own level. I'd like to see free for all's, But How about campaign classes? only? then everyone has a chance to play, The honds s2000cr showdown is a joke really, only people that have them is coiners. Why would i gem one and gem the build, when the honda CRX is better

As it sits, i get the points i can but refuse to spend for a plated version of a car, i already have 3 or 4 of.