Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Automatic Multiplayer Ban In Effect & Warning To Others

Racer KaiRacer Kai Registered Users 136 Posts
Just for the record, I have submitted a ticket using my primary account Racer Kai, in-game using the "?" icon, as well as submitted a second request a few days later (after no response) using the helpshift.com website. I'm hoping this email both speeds up the customer service to resolve my issue (over a week now), and serve as a warning to others.

I have purchased a LOT of crates since they were released, and accumulated many copies of great cars as well as less desirable cars. My garage grew and grew and it became an annoyance having to scroll through 250+ cars, especially with those new scroll arrows now that get in the way of fast flipping through the cars. When you have 12 copies of a wrapped Mustang GT, you get tired of selecting each one to find the 2 you are currently testing new tunes on. I wanted to move the unmodified duplicates off my primary account to a holding account so that's what I did. I created a second account (racer name included in my tickets) and began moving cars there using pink races. After about 40 pink races, the game notified me that I have been banned from all multiplayer racing until further administrative review, and I should contact customer service. So I did. In the meantime, I can't turf, I can't participate in the racer showdown, and obviously I can't play multiplayer either.

So now I'm waiting. I submitted all the required info: primary racer name, email address, real name which is also my google play name, secondary account name, etc. etc. Even included my cell phone to be contacted directly in the hopes this could be quickly resolved and to show this was an issue triggered by legitimate activity. I don't believe there are any restrictions to creating secondary accounts and I fully understand the reasoning behind the automatic multiplayer ban for those racers who have had their account hacked. I get it.

I've seen the discussions here about the small CS staff, the 10+ day wait times, and feel I've just been sucked into this drama. I've spent more on RR than I have on my entire Xbox One console, games, and live subscription. I would expect that in the automatic in-game response I received, that I'm a "priority customer", that would have meant a 2 or 3 business day turn around time. Nope. *Sigh*

I will continue to play and spend real money when the ban is lifted on both accounts, but not a cent more goes toward RR until this is resolved. Customer service REALLY does have an impact on revenue when revenue generating customers need support!

Comments

• Racer KaiRacer Kai Registered Users 136 Posts
    Update: Thank you Customer Service for removing the ban on my primary account. I am grateful. You did NOT however complete my request and remove the ban from my second account where I have over 40 cars stored, most only available from the crates. I do not want to post the name of that account here, but I included all of its information in my original ticket. Please remove the ban from this second account as well so I have access to those cars again.
  • [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    If you wish to speak with CS please update your ticket
  • MichaelnycMichaelnyc Registered Users 12 Posts
    Hello my name is Michael Carter i already contacted glu and help shift in game racing rivals but to no resolve please help me on feb 3rd or night of the 2nd on lg tribute android 4.4.2 i was racing my maxed honda hsv 010 and i was talking to junk to people racing pinking cars that couldnt beat me they said what if sombody does the restart glitch on you i said omg id just die but i didnt thing it was real soon as i said that i pinked sombody i dont remember there name but race clock counted down after i clicked pinks raced timed out as if he was just sitting there next thing you know error pops up restart so my hearts already dead inside it restarts come back my maxed honda hsv says 139 gems to buy back?? Which is wierd it should be way higher secondly its s turf car if i lost it in a legit race there is no buying it back so i click the buy back thing it ooens says 0 gems now ti get my car back so now im bugging out but thought there was hope i click that to buy back for 0 gems then pop up error restart come back no trace of hsv what so ever this has been wieghing heavy on my heart for days now and i just want answers amd some type of appreciation for me as a loyal customer please contact me asap my racing rivals name is speed limit down and my email is wingstone678@gmail.com please sombody help me
  • MorriesMorries Registered Users 3 Posts
    I have a similar situation, I transferred 45 cars from my "garage" acct to my main account and now my acct is also pending admin review. I have contacted support from the FAQ page. I have included the account name (same as my name here) and just waiting on customer support. Each week there are new turfs and new cars being added, but the support side is lacking. Yet we still buy gems and support the game. Can someone please investigate my acct ban please. I'm missing out on some fun times with my team and feel like I am being punished for being successful. Could you also update the FAQ regarding this matter with the official amount of "pink slip wins" it takes to automatically flag the account and the time frame required to negate this hardship that myself and others are experiencing due to an automatic process meant to prevent abuse. Knowledge is the best way to prevent many support requests, especially when it seems the queue is overloaded. Thank you.
  • bangjunbaebangjunbae Registered Users 5 Posts
    I do not speak English. I feel penalized for not knowing English. I do not know why multi accounts are bad. They do not sell cars to eBay like Malaysians.
  • bangjunbaebangjunbae Registered Users 5 Posts
    I will agree with glu 's policy if you release the ban. I have not received any notice from you. You have to understand that. I do not know why Korean support has stopped.