Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

game crashes after every race once hits results

Neuendorf29Neuendorf29 Registered Users 16 Posts
Neuendorf29
Samsung galxy 5
Andriod with newest update lolly pop i belive.

After every race since games last update weather i race in multi player showdown daily challenges or turf, once race is over an gets to results screen it goes black an boots me out of game then i have to reload, please fix this issue i have spent tons of real cash in game an sat out this turf wars this issue has made so i dont even want to play. Its been 5 days know an i open once a day to see if problem is fixed an is not... i have tried to uninstall clear cache every thing but nothing works this is very dissapointing. This is my fav phone game an now i cant even play it.
Prev1

Comments

• PISTON GREEN 566PISTON GREEN 566 Registered Users 10 Posts
    Having exactly the same problem on Nexus 5 running Lollipop but no one cares about android, **** ios cunts take priority
  • toadtoadtoadtoad Registered Users 5 Posts
    Same is sure here.. removed reinstalled cleared and factory reset. Still not working. Seems like they done care about out android issues. They only care about Apple's issues. Thanks glu and rr.
  • Neuendorf29Neuendorf29 Registered Users 16 Posts
    My crew leader had no idea i asked him today what phone he had a he runs ios an said new update is best thing for him yet in game... guess andriod is second on list to be done right
  • Rallypig31Rallypig31 Registered Users 28 Posts
    I posted same issue the other day I'm on Nexus 6 5.0.1 and Nexus 7 5.0.2, my leader has a note 4 and galaxy tab no issue, I'm the only one that had 0 points cause I refused to deal with that to get points
  • Trackah123Trackah123 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Same problem here, this game used to run flawlessly before and it used to be an awesome game but now it crashes after every race since the last game-update on Android.
    So it's basically unplayable like this.

HTC One M8 with Android 5.0.1 here.

I also wonder if these problems only appear on Android 5.x versions?
  • [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    Can you guys do me a favor and everyone give me your in-game Racernames? Just comment on this with your Racername. I am making a list to send over to our QA department. Please also indicate if you are able to play on another device or OS (example if you play on both mobile and Facebook).
    Update. I sent over some information to our QA department and we already have an open bug being worked on for this issue. No need to provide more examples at this time, hopefully we get it resolved ASAP
  • Trackah123Trackah123 Registered Users 5 Posts
    My racingname is "Trackah123".

Maybe it has something to do with Android 5 running on ART instead of Dalvik Runtime?
  • dafoededafoede Registered Users 37 Posts
    "dafoede" is my in game name. I am having the same issue on my galaxy s5 running 5.0. My galaxy tab 3 7.0 is running 4.4.2 and doesn't have any issues at all.
  • [RR] PhoenixX[RR] PhoenixX Moderators 1,575 Posts
    Thanks for the info!
    IGN is Rallypig31 I have a Nexus 6 on 5.0.1, and a Nexus 7 on 5.0.2, same results with both, this seems like a lollipop issue, but definitely from most recent update, my phone had a update for RR today at 1310 est but still no luck.
  • krashtest21krashtest21 Registered Users 4 Posts
    In game: Krashtest21
    Device: Nexus 6 on 5.0.1

Both updates in last week did NOT fix crashing issues. Every race( turf, mp, daily) all still affected. I've spent over 1500 dollars on this game. No joke.

Steps taken:
    Cleared data/cache, uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled. No fix.logged in through google play.

Side note: also have a G3 on 5.0.1 on which the game runs better. Crashes once every 10 races (est). Playing on device only, not attached to any accounts(Facebook/google)

**UPDATE**
    I disassociated my google play account and was able to complete races. Whenever ads popped up after races and I x'ed it. It would stay black and require restart of the game. I did not reinstall, I just cleared the data and restarted without logging in.
    krash, i updated our bug info with what you discovered and tried. We are working very hard to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.
  • bankshot84bankshot84 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Same problem with my s5, waited for the second update and nothing. Haven't played in days
    [QUOTE=[RR] Sparkle;n3577771]krash, i updated our bug info with what you discovered and tried. We are working very hard to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.[/QUOTE]

thank you for the post back, Sparkle. Just to update, I associated my Google Play account with the g3 and it had the same crashing issues that I previously experienced on the Nexus 6.

I have to ask, are they planning on some sort of compensation for the errors that were experiencing? This is worse, in my opinion, than the error / restart crashes...
  • XBOOSTXXBOOSTX Registered Users 23 Posts
    I'm having the same problem. My game crashes after every race when its about to show the race results and I have to load up racing rivals Again.
    My ign is 100 PR00F
    I'm using a samsung galaxy S5 5.0 lolipop android ...
    I've spent so much real money on this game and I can't play it suddenly. I've sent a report to Glu in the game by pressing the ? Mark days ago.
  • Neuendorf29Neuendorf29 Registered Users 16 Posts
    I have almost lost all hope in this game its been over 3 weeks an i have sent numerous messages in game to customer service an not one response back. My crew had to kick me due to gact i could not race an they are currently looking at winning a turf car would have been my first car an niw because of issue i can say good bye to that. I have spent over 500 dollars on this game to jus get slapped in face an not be able to play... it stickes me as wired how there are so many that cant play that have andriod an we dont even get a response back to why.. if there is not a compenastion an a big one at that i will be done with this game. This is first game i have ever enjoyed an spsent money on. Any other game that has issues is fixed within the week why is this one going on for almost a month with lots of reports of game crashes at results screen an cant play.
    Once again Neuendorf29
    Samsung galaxy s5
    Lolli pop 5.0
    I have almost lost all hope in this game its been over 3 weeks an i have sent numerous messages in game to customer service an not one response back. My crew had to kick me due to gact i could not race an they are currently looking at winning a turf car would have been my first car an niw because of issue i can say good bye to that. I have spent over 500 dollars on this game to jus get slapped in face an not be able to play... it stickes me as wired how there are so many that cant play that have andriod an we dont even get a response back to why.. if there is not a compenastion an a big one at that i will be done with this game. This is first game i have ever enjoyed an spsent money on. Any other game that has issues is fixed within the week why is this one going on for almost a month with lots of reports of game crashes at results screen an cant play.
    Once again Neuendorf29
    Samsung galaxy s5
    Lolli pop 5.0

Every time you submit a new message in the "?" section, your report is sent to the back of the line. Only submit it once and wait. It will take them normally over a week to get back to somebody but with the current issue right now with Android being messed up on 5.0 devices, they might take over a month to reply. They know the issue is on going and have said that they are working on it on the forum and on their twitter page.
    You just have to be patient, the issue is a OS capatability issue obviously all the people that were on my team still have KitKat (4.4.4) while I only own nexus devices so I have 5.0+ prior to latest update it worked fine on lollipop, there is a bug in there some where that has to get resolved, if this involves another system wide update we will be waiting a wgile due to Apple's we have to approve it first (even tho this is an android only issue) this update also occurred around the same time lollipop was being pushed out to non nexus devices.trust me I've dumped some cash into this game too but seriously way too many people want free handouts when something goes wrong. I'm sure everyone would agree the #1 priority here is just getting it back up so we can play at all. Don't forget if you have been around for a while that the RR division at CIE/glu isn't that big, its not like we are dealing with Microsoft or sony
  • STERLINGBEAST50STERLINGBEAST50 Registered Users 23 Posts
    I am sure i am not alone on here when I say I have spent good actually hard earned cash money to play this game and now I am losing team members and falling behind in many ways. Between gems, special offers and everything else I have money invested in this. Please keep us posted and correct as soon as you can.
    Rallypig31 wrote: »
    You just have to be patient, the issue is a OS capatability issue obviously all the people that were on my team still have KitKat (4.4.4) while I only own nexus devices so I have 5.0+ prior to latest update it worked fine on lollipop, there is a bug in there some where that has to get resolved, if this involves another system wide update we will be waiting a wgile due to Apple's we have to approve it first (even tho this is an android only issue) this update also occurred around the same time lollipop was being pushed out to non nexus devices.trust me I've dumped some cash into this game too but seriously way too many people want free handouts when something goes wrong. I'm sure everyone would agree the #1 priority here is just getting it back up so we can play at all. Don't forget if you have been around for a while that the RR division at CIE/glu isn't that big, its not like we are dealing with Microsoft or sony

Rally, I agree that they're definitely working on it. It would be ridiculous to think that they're not. But I don't believe it is an issue with lollipop alone. It's an issue with the Google Play accounts associated with the game. It's crashing on my Nexus 6 but only when its associated with Google Play accounts. when I disassociate my Google Play account, it works 95% of the time.

As for compensation, a lot of people have invested real money in the game.yes there would be people who would ask for free handouts but you should definitely compensate paying customers. That, to me, is a trade off that you make when you create a free to play game with in app purchases. If there is not a way to differentiate paying customers with people who haven't invested money, then everybody should be compensated in order to take care of the people who invested a lot of money in it.that's just good business.
    just to clarify though, I do agree with the majority of what you said.
    I agree with you krash just beyond out of control now...this is the 3rd or 4th turf in a row I've missed. I def agree with op for the compensation now, it needs to be a pretty big one at this point to keep me around. Specially somce the majoroty who are having this issue are paying customers. I know absolutely nothing about developing, since day 1 of the issue I've been saying its an issue with lollipop due to the timing of RR 3.2 and Android 5.0.2, a month later " oh....hey...sorry....its lollipop not the hardware" *face palm* I had also said it'll have to be another update and now we have to wait for apples stupid slow ...... To approve it.
    I had placed a help ticket a week ago and received a response just now. The response was pretty generic just saying to pretty much try to reinstall the game and see if that works. Then let us know if it works or not and give us all of your device info and such. So I did reply back to them with all of the requested information after trying their troubling shooting steps. Hope this gets resolved. I have been compensated in the past for an issue they had on their end that they resolved. So I would think there might be something they will do with the people who have filed the tickets properly and have tried working with them instead of hoping on the forum and saying they are a bunch of idiots without trying to help them help us.
  • Webber 379Webber 379 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Same here. In game name Webber 379. Worked fine on older os but phone updated yesterday after connecting to WiFi and now having the same problem as the rest. Galaxy s5 lollipop 5.0.1 with newest rr update. Connected to Google play and Facebook. Also getting alot of black screen requiring restart after watching videos. Gotta build cash somehow seeing as I can't race. but black screen gives nothing either.
  • STERLINGBEAST50STERLINGBEAST50 Registered Users 23 Posts
    Webber 379 wrote: »
    Same here. In game name Webber 379. Worked fine on older os but phone updated yesterday after connecting to WiFi and now having the same problem as the rest. Galaxy s5 lollipop 5.0.1 with newest rr update. Connected to Google play and Facebook. Also getting alot of black screen requiring restart after watching videos. Gotta build cash somehow seeing as I can't race. but black screen gives nothing either.
    yes, allot more black screens after videos. LG G3 here. crash every race. Even lost a car in the deal
  • jefftrasterjefftraster Registered Users 2 Posts
    Im having the same problem its bs spend real money on cars and cant even play
  • Webber 379Webber 379 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Simple fix to this problem until cei can figure out whats wrong. Link your game to facebook. Then log out of Google Play from the game. DO NOT LOG BACK INTO GOOGLE PLAY. Hit cancel when it asks you to. If you need to know where you log out at just ask. I tries it and raced over 50 races without even the notorious 2 to 3 second freeze in the game. Works great. I have a Samsung galaxy s5 with lollipop 5.0 Installed. It's either going to be a linking malfunction or a codec problem on cei end. But for now this is a fix from our (the gamer) end. Post your results here please. Let us know if it works for you. Still don't know if this fixes the black screen glitch in video but it did fic the crash after every race for me.
    Webber 379 wrote: »
    Simple fix to this problem until cei can figure out eats wrong. Link your game to facebook. Then log out of Google Play from the game. DO NOT LOG BACK INTO GOOGLE PLAY. Hit cancel when it asks you to. If you need to know where you log out at just ask. I tries it and raced over 50 races without even the notorious 2 to 3 second freeze in the game. Works great. I have a Samsung galaxy s5 with lollipop 5.0 Installed. It's either going to be a linking malfunction or a codec problem on cei end. But for now this is a fix from our (the gamer) end. Post your results here please. Let us know if it works for you. Still don't know if this fixes the black screen glitch in video but it did fic the crash after every race for me.
    I disconnected my google play account and the game automaticly restarted. When it loaded back up, it connected right back to google play. I don't have a facebook to link it to. I was hoping it would just not be linked to anything and I would be able to play that way. So once it is linked to something, it must always be linked to something. I was randomly able to race a few races before without it crashing on me. I had powersave mode on, iheartradio playing and rivals. I don't know if that had something to do with it, but after I closed racing rivals and returned later it crashed again. I tried that same combo of apps and modes and no luck.