Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

WE ALL NEED TO STOP TURFING

The no points chicken has ruined this game.
1st. It renders elite cars and tuners insignificant. Nobody will race a guy if he is the fastest in the lobby.
2nd. It makes everybody use boost 100% of the time. If your not boosted even a scrub in a pos boosted can still beat you.
3rd. Nobody is pinking anymore. Chicken points would force guys into pinking cause of the loss or gain of turf points. Now guys just chicken with no consequences.
Glu has ruined this game. I refuse to turf and spend 500+ gems each week. We need to stop turfing.
I am in the process of selling my account and asking for a refund of all money spent on this game. My in is toxic just gotcha

Comments

• Options
    M&GM&G Registered Users 276 Posts
    I agree there's no use in turfing anymore. Apple will not give us any money back. The only money that you'll recoup is whatever you can sell you account for.
  • Options
    roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    I agree... And you always race the same players over and over. They quickly know if you're faster than them...
  • Options
    FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    OVERDRAMATIC. If you relied on chicken points then you are done for sure. Still plenty of folks racing in most circumstances except max r class lobby v RWB. Yes, it would help to provide broader access to racers via random server changes but swapping has been all but eliminated and that was the biggest threat to the game thus far. I don't like free race chickens any more than the next guy but those folks will eventually migrate to farmtown. In the mean time, if you want a race for points, look me up. If you want to quit turfing, go for it.
  • Options
    heistoxicheistoxic Registered Users 106 Posts
    Hey fat get a life. It's not over dramatic when I could turf get 30,000 points and use 100 boosts. Idiot ur a noob with no insight. Case in point no chicken points. If uvhave a c7 maxed no zr1 will race u. Before it was an easy 100+ points. Now u just sit there.
  • Options
    Also if it's an open event. And u have a zhonda. Nobody will race u. No chicken points for vipers, stellas, etc.. the car is worthless
  • Options
    ExtraKoshernessExtraKosherness Registered Users 57 Posts
    You're telling him to get a life yet you're the one complaining on the forums.. Please sell your account.
  • Options
    Yeah I am trying. Not complaining taking a stand. Wow u guys really are stupid.
  • Options
    I guess I am the only one that could do 30k+ easy every turf. U guys responding must have c rap tunes. U guys have always been spending100's of dollars to get to my level. Sucks to be u
  • Options
    Mr Apple DMr Apple D Registered Users 8 Posts
    I see your point on top tier cars and nobody wants to race you when your in one. However it does seem your biggest complaint is the lack of "easy" points. When they end chicken point gains that said "now you have to race to get points". I mean it is a racing game.
  • Options
    It's a tuning game. I normally have the best tune. And that's how I added to my garage. Now it's boost or lose no matter what your tune. It's all about tuning and now it's all about boosts
  • Options
    FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    The hissy fit that just won't quit. Noob without perspective? I've run over 70,000 races in this game, enough said. A "tuner" that whines about max lobbies where anybody with a 5th grade education and a calculator can prep a car? Please, those tracks have always been about boost and that's just part of the game; part tuning, part driving, a healthy dose of strategy and a little bit of luck. Quit or race, just quit displaying your arrogant ignorance.
  • Options
    top notch dealz -!-top notch dealz -!- Registered Users 2,241 Posts
    Man this post is just hilarious . Pretty much what your saying is before when you sat in a lobby with you fastest tunes people knew you was faster so chickened and you gained points .
    Now when you sit there waiting for your free points they chicken and you get Jack for it so you don't want to turf because you can't get as much points.
    But if you were spending 500gems on boosts before what's the problem with buying them now ?
    Is it the fact you actuly have to race and use them I wonder ?
  • Options
    Darkself21Darkself21 Registered Users 133 Posts
    ill buy some cars from you toxic
  • Options
    RIck1timerRIck1timer Registered Users 7 Posts
    Tune down the cars to be more appealing and then beat'em with launch and shift points.... You don't have to win every race