Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Race Rooms

BigBirdMcCoyBigBirdMcCoy Registered Users 149 Posts
I know CIE puts room rating caps so they can try to make it fair for all but people are just getting around it. It is real discouraging to enter the 1656 max room with a sit coupe and see R class cars in the turf room. Players have figured out the room rating caps and just tune their fastest cars to be right below the cut off. So all the players trying to race, for example, a maxed out s2000 (1652) have no chance and will be challenged continually by these players that just keep their r class cars slow for this reason.
When everyone first goes through the game, we are told to make your car as fast as you can; now these players have no interest in Maxing there car to see how fast they can get, but to just see how fast they can be under a certain rating.
My suggestion is to make TW rooms like the com pain mode, you race your car with others in its class with no room ratings, just class rating. That way whether you are stage 1, stage 2, maxed, turbo, supercharger, or any configuration there will always be someone in the room faster then you and slower then you but you probably won't know who. I think this will be fair and more to what the game was meant to be, since another lesson we were taught at the beginning of the game was to be careful challenging cars because you never know what is under the hood. This will make players work to upgrade there cars no matter what and still find the fastest configurations.
I think this would make TW more fair and more interesting since it will be a lot more like the campaign mode that the vast majority of us have completed a long time ago.

Comments

• Options
    LegendMaskLegendMask Registered Users 406 Posts
    Im sorry to say this buddy, but if ever this has to happen then except the following:

- one car will be dominating each class, which means the rest of the cars are gonna be useless and everybody gonna be using the same car make and model.
    - due to the above CIE would be losing/wasting money if they ever add a new car unless its proven to be faster than the car that everybody is using to dominate that specific class.
    - the game will be so limited in racing and would end up in one class or even maybe two classes that are used (mostly will be the slowest class and fastest class), and the rest are gonna be useless.

Thats what I think, I could be wrong which most of the time I am, but I could also be right. so dont take my post as bash on your idea bro. Its just my thoughts :)
  • Options
    CreampieCreampie Registered Users 260 Posts
    Well if you know that your cant compete then don't race it.. That's what I usually do..
  • Options
    Casedood2k4Casedood2k4 Registered Users 35 Posts
    I agree with legend. Every class has its best car and the other would be worthless. What I think would help (if it's even possible) is to have less rooms and more people together. What I mean is that I have 20 people on my team and it's always the same 5 meeting up in whatever rating room they are. I can NEVER join so and so or whohaveyou even though we have identical cars. Put 50 people in a room or have 10 rooms to choose from. That way you can avoid certain people/cars and have more racing. It's no fun racing the same guys over and over and over. There's 20,000 people playing, why do I race the same 50 guys? I understand server limits but make it more random and/or more options. I think that would help with the competitiveness and the "lesser racer" (usually me haha!!) have more options for guys I can compete with. Then again, I have no idea what formula y'all use but It works more less for now. I just know who to avoid!
  • Options
    I realize that all the classes have a fastest car, especially the B class and R class, but I would rather lose a race to a better car in the same class then lose a race to a car 2 or 3 classes higher. That is just my opinion. I don't know if my suggestion would work or not but I just hate losing or having to chicken out to a car in turf that is in a much lower room then it should be.
  • Options
    Heavyd7676Heavyd7676 Registered Users 122 Posts
    yes that is true but you could tune say your s2k to a lower rating just below the cap and be just as dominating as a car in a higher class as it just below the cap
  • Options
    I guess I just miss the campaign a little and just racing against same class cars.
  • Options
    GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    So chicken on challengers in higher cars
  • Options
    Mum5000Mum5000 Registered Users 52 Posts
    The whole point of the game is to upgrade ure cars in a certain way and not max them out unless u really need to. I always experiment with cars and the cap ratings, otherwise there will be limited competition. Just like legend said, it wastes money and therefore loses popularity
  • Options
    POSTMAN PATPOSTMAN PAT Registered Users 95 Posts
    I heard that some players get their mates with lower rated cars and join them with their more powerful ones. Maybe remove the join button for turf wars, that should lessen such abuses. Some high rank teams so that quite a bit apparently. Only hearsay but believable IMO
  • Options
    razoorrazoor Registered Users 101 Posts
    You can't join someone in a turf room. As for racing the same ppl, I have cars setup for a lot of different rooms so I can jump around and keep opponent points higher
  • Options
    Dankness420Dankness420 Registered Users 266 Posts
    I think make a room for all class cars, for example a A class room. This would be fair because I can beat alot of A class cars with my Camaro, as well as a Supra.