Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Everyone hates Overrated cars in a low ranking lobby.

VW JolfGTiVW JolfGTi Registered Users 18 Posts
Nothing like being on a roll and you bet, then they raise you. You feel confident that you can win! You accept that 1k, 10k, 25k, + bet only to realize they crushed you due to they are overrated for the lobby. ( they join a "friend" that is driving a lower rating lobby ). We all get very upset at this & wish it would stop. So here is my idea:

You allow any player to join a "friends" lobby. Why not change it so that the lower rating car has to join the higher rated car. This would prevent higher rated cars from taking advantage of new players ( Or lower rated cars ). And it still allows friends to race together / against each other. Plus it will decrease or even eliminate scammers.

Comments

• Options
    Dannyv4561Dannyv4561 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Agreed, however I just name and shame them, telling the lobby Name, rank and time
  • Options
    I do the same, but it doesn't get you very far. New people join a lobby every minute and then they end up getting screwed by them. so it really doesn't do any good. I would like if developers actually put this into effect because it would really make the game more fair and still hold the friends gaming together.
  • Options
    DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    Call them out and keep it up on the screen they will leave or race other jumpers. Glu will not stop this and if they did it would put anyone trading cars more at risk for being scammed.

Stop betting more then you want to really want to risk losing outside of turf and the Showdown. Outside of those events I don't bet more then 1K unless its someone Ive raced before and know they ain't pulling a switcharoo on me.
  • Options
    shouldn't have to worry and scamming would decrease... if you have a 1655 rated car. you wouldn't be allowed in my lobby 1625. if i wanted to race with you... i would have to join your lobby. Stopping overrated cars from joining lower rated lobbies. They do it for turf and showdown. its not blocking them out completely just one sided.
  • Options
    DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    Think of this like the real world. Open races are just like running up on someone on the street and racing them. The showdown and turf is like bracket racing at a track. Their are tricks to both that let you take advantage of others.

Its not scram if you pink a lobby jumper and lose your car you just need to lean more about the game. I have take lobby jumpers cars and didn't have to jump myself. You have to know the game. Their are plenty of people that fish for noobs in turf and the showdown too. Hell you can sit their and watch the race replays and see what everyone runs.

Anyways your wasting your breath glu won't change this and most of us don't want them to.