Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Let's talk about Racer Showdowns

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
As you can see, we're trying something different with our Racer Showdowns.

Instead of one 24 hour event, we're holding eight 2 hour events with a different prize structure for shorter events.

What are your thoughts.

And before all these posts, yes I know..
  • Fix it
  • Cie was better than Glu (even though we're the same people)
  • We're greedy (even though the game is free... and businesses don't thrive on free)
  • You want your account back (The forums aren't customer service, we can't help you here, you will need to contact them (http://tinyurl.com/lygu7xf) and wait for your turn in the queue, and there is an average of 10 business days for replies)
  • No, I will not unban you, you can contact customer service to see if they will (not guaranteed)

So no need to comment about those things on this thread. What we are looking for in constructive feedback regarding Racer Showdown. What do you like, what don't you like etc... I wil lbe deleting posts that don't add to the discussion.

Thanks!

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

• Options
    dafoededafoede Registered Users 37 Posts
    Being more clear with pay outs. Does it pay per 2 hours or does it pay out for your total for the 24 hours? Is it a 1 hour break between each event?
  • Options
    xB0MB3RAC3xxB0MB3RAC3x Registered Users 316 Posts
    Me personally i would rather race for a decent car like a gold stella or rotana something a little more useful than Civic type r's
  • Options
    MrToddMrTodd Registered Users 790 Posts
    First im sorry about my bad english lol and D*mn man.Your ppl are beeing called greedy cuz of all this bugs that been around taking so Long to fix. It seems you dont care about racers. Game is free but pretty much the real problem of this game since company changed has been bugs. Theres allways a new one out there -.-. Ppl lose Thing bought with theyr Money they worked hard to get. Do not be offended by us calling you guys that. Believe ppl dont call you greedy cuz your actually greedy lol. And i must admit im glad you made this post. Prizes are not as atractive as they used to be but for new Players or Players without much time to Play just reaching the top 1000 and getting 40 gems ist pretty good. Another question i would thank you very much if you could asnwer its if pinking 20 times in a small amount of time will get you a ban. Im afraid to pink because of that now xDDD Also another question I always wanted a asnwer too. Is farming RRC allowed? lol I apreciate you could just asnwer me to this 2 question. Even if you dont ty very much for your time ^^
  • Options
    CannatunaCannatuna Registered Users 121 Posts
    Being someone that likes to eat and sleep every now and then plus haveing to work, I like it.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I like it, the crates are a chore, nice to make them worth something (prize). I especially liked that the lobby's were full, due to the open style of the categories. Try finding full lower lobby's in a turf, not possible. I got 20 gems the first one, skipped the honda, turbo, chevy and dodge, had to sleep sometime. Though i wish, i could have done the turbo one, The B class i got another 20 gems, using only 3 FPV's in the 40,45 and 50 lobbys. the AWD I used 5 subie coupes to get a bronze crate (chevelle BP (4th) and 5 boosts) waiting on the SC leg now.

I give it a solid 8, for making it worth playing again. The variety is what made me play, more than the prizes. Though gems and crates are way better than a plated car, in my opinion
  • Options
    ploorpploorp Registered Users 8 Posts
    Yep I like the new format. Lots of people to race for a change. And you can feel a little safer pinking in controlled lobbies. Rotate car prize events and the 2 hour events to keep it interesting. Some gold S and R class cars would get interest .

There is still a light delay when its PC vs android and that lag causes loses.
  • Options
    Racer KaiRacer Kai Registered Users 136 Posts
    Ryyst, you beat me to it. No, not all the bashing, but a feedback thread on the new showdown format. :) Here's my take so far...

Perhaps I'm not the sharpest tack in the box, but I'm having difficulty understanding the 2 recent infographics on this. Day 1 appears to be 8 different events with crates and gems as payouts. It says, "every 3 hours" and based on what I've seen so far, that really means, "Starting every 3 hours" and the events are each 2-hours long. The 2nd infographic is titled "8 Events For 24 Hours" and has cash only for the payouts. Since this showdown hasn't started yet, I'm guessing only the prizes will change between the 2 showdowns while there will still be 8 different events, starting every 3 hours. This will obviously all be cleared up starting in about 4 more hours once day 2 starts.

Overall, it's a very interesting approach to make competitive racing more available to everyone. The 8 events gives everyone a chance to leave the open lobbies where lobby jumping is rampant, and race on more equal ground. DID YOU ALL HEAR THAT?!?!!?! With so many different events for 2 days straight, you'll have many opportunities to race people in restricted lobbies not allowing lobby jumpers. Glu actually directly (or indirectly, who cares) addressed your frustrations here. With so many different events for 2-days, I don't see a need to visit the open lobbies any more actually unless I want a bot to race to work on my launch and shift timing. I never visit the open lobbies during turfs anyway.

I initially thought that this new showdown format would get old very quickly--having the same events every week, over and over. For example, there are 9 car classes which will start repeating every 3rd week at a rate of 2 different classes per showdown (there were 2 in this first one). There are 5 car attributes used (RWD, FWD, AWD, Turbo, SC) that will repeat every 3rd week at a rate of 2 per showdown (4 per week). And there are approximately 25 car manufacturers represented and will start to repeat every 7th week at a rate of 2 per showdown. I would guess however there are at least 300 non-turf prize cars in game and those won't repeat for over 18 months at a rate of 2 per showdown! It will be interesting to see how you deliver on variety each week based on the above. There are still more attributes which I've never seen as a turf event however that could increase variety. Bracket racing is one very familiar to drag racers (this is a drag racing game let's not forget)--you CANNOT run faster than a specific time and the winner is determined by who ran closest to that time but not over. This removes the emphasis on who has the largest budget/fastest car (in real life) and relies much more heavily on the driver's ability to tune, launch, and shift consistently under a target ET.

You probably also want some feedback on the prizes since winning something is part of the reason to play so let's talk prizes. The prizes are different on day one and day two. Why? The cash payouts for day 2 have dramatically increased so I'm guessing there was a conversation in an open space conference area somewhere about not putting too much cash back into the economy every week. Doing it for one day addresses many people here being vocal about bringing back daily bonuses or increasing the small showdown payouts to winners. Hey, another area Glu might have addressed based on the community's forum posts. One thing that is GLARINGLY OBVIOUS now is there will be NO MORE bronze, silver, and gold painted showroom cars as prizes! Did I just hear the value of those cars skyrocket in resale value? If you were lucky enough to win one, you should be very happy that Glu just made those a collector piece.

I have mixed feelings about the crates as payouts however. Because cash is king and crates are a gamble, the person in 1st place could end up with 1 blueprint from a gold crate, another blueprint and a showroom available turf car from a silver crate, and a datsun 510 from a bronze crate. Where's the recognition in that compared to winning a gold painted car? For the person that doesn't buy crates, that was a worthless effort to come in first and I bet they won't try to do it twice. If you're unfortunate enough to win 1 bronze crate, I hope you are happy with your Datsun 510 or Volkswagen Jetta body kit for the 30+ gems you used up boosting. For this first showdown, I was stopping once I had a guaranteed 40 gems in my pocket at the end. So what I'm saying is I don't think the crates will be a big hit with the top 500 finishers. I think it should still be cash prizes and perhaps a crate or two thrown in. Don't forget that every car won has a cost associated with it to upgrade so give us cash or something of real value (like the limited bronze, silver, gold cars idea), not make us spend more cash later for winning an ordinary showroom car today.

Ok, if you're still reading this, your name is Ryyst, you work for Glu, or you are really bored, but hey, Ryyst asked so I'm moving on to how I think the new format might change the playing experience. Firstly, there are a lot more cars from people's garages being used during showdowns if they participate in numerous events. Rather than one category of car being used for 24 hours, we have 8 categories possible. I have to say it again and that is, this variety addresses complaints about unrestricted lobby jumping and having no alternatives. This new format means that there is only 1 day out of the entire week where there's no event happening that restricts lobby usage so join a team, race turfs and showdowns 6-days a week, and stop yer crying. :)

Another observation I made on day 1 of the new format was....new players to race against!!!!! I don't know if Glu changed the logic that determined the lobby we enter, or if it was just that the new format brought a lot more racers into the showdown, but I can't tell you how happy I was to not have to race against the same guys from the top 100 teams. I love those guys, they make me a better player, but...it always goes back to variety and game experience and this was definitely a positive one.

I'm getting tired and I think I'll wrap it up here, but I do have more observations so perhaps a part 2 if this thread gets hot. Nice change Glu! The variety and game experience were definitely improved for me. I think the prizes need some more thought, but I'm sure you are watching usage very closely to see how this new format affects those industry KPI's you can't ignore.
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    All I can say is........RYYST IS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!! Lol. I haven't ran the showdown yet. Sorry.
  • Options
    BrobobDC5BrobobDC5 Registered Users 31 Posts
    Seeing as how it went today, it is fairly attractive to the players with less time on their hands. Personally, I prefer racing for the 24h gold car lol.

To conclude, my suggestion would be, to satisfy everyone, is to add this type of showdown(name it differently, ex: Racer Blitz) and keep Racer Showdown for the 24h gold car. So instead of having two gold cars each week, have one 24h gold car, and one Blitz. I think this is the best solution for both worlds.

Hope you consider :)
  • Options
    Mathi0uzMathi0uz Registered Users 586 Posts
    Hi RYYST,

My advice is simple. Put Gems Prize at the top with bigger amounts. Maybe the sum of the crate costs you guys offered. Then have crate prizes. I found myself trying to stay within the 40 gem crowd. Love the game and I want to thank everyone related to it for trying to make it better. iGn Drekk0n
  • Options
    bighead6988bighead6988 Registered Users 3,619 Posts
    I work hard on my tunes and raise 10k+ or pinks virtually every race, I really don't mind either format for showdown because both are fun but. ..... if im willing to put my car on the line in ever race I wish we still earned points from all the chickens in the game. And I understand point swapping was an issue but u also hurt us honest players with killer tunes.
  • Options
    DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    I liked it for the obvious reason of not having time to be competitive in the 24hr event. I started this game in Dec and since then I have gone from a guy that played several times a day to only making time for turfs. More then anything for the sake of my team and wanting to continue a 50gem a week payout. I will never be on a top 100 team those people eat and sleep this game. Also the bugs, crashes, and lag have grown very old. I can't be competitive when my RT goes from normal to 0.3 for no reason other then lag. Or if I go to chat and get challenged and my 30 sec timer is up before I can get back.

I only had time to do 2 events in this new Showdown. I was able to get a 20 gem pay out in 30mins of work. That was really nice. In the 24 hr event I might have gotten $5K for that which doesn't make much since. When I would of made way more just going into the 56 lobby with my class R with a ~$1500 per race win. Maybe thats something you can do to the lower class car is increase the pay out for event race wins only? And I have no idea how I did in the next event since when you win cash it doesn't tell you what you won just that you got your payout. I think doing the old and new style of Showdowns every week would be a great idea.

I know you this isn't what this thread is for, but if you could commit thanks. I would like to see a practice track with 0 or greatly reduced damage. Maybe we could run a bot or better yet against our fastest time in that lobby with that car. Also someway to help us with our tuning. I do my own and do you have any idea how hard it is to tune a car? Just getting to the top of the lobby can be a pain and in the higher class cars with 6hr parts change outs its horrible. Enter a lobby to see where your at what do you do? Ask. Well if anyone will answerer you and know what your talking about you're very lucky. Ok so race someone... you get a bunch of forfeits, and lobby jumpers. I have spent 5mins. plus just trying to find out what lobby I'm in just to give up. Even the bots lie in the lobbies if their are any at all. I see an 57 bot in the 50-56 lobby all the time when their are a bunch people over the lobby even if I ain't. Or if I come in at a 57 in the 56-63 the bots are 57 or below most of the time. It can be very frustrating. I do my own tuning because its part of the fun and I want my cars tuned my way. I have been working on some tunes on my class R since that event. What was that almost 3 weeks ago? Two for sure. I have had tunes before that had me in the 50-56 lobby in the open races only to enter an event in the 56-63. Which isn't a huge deal, but shouldn't happen.
  • Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    Just a couple questions for those that have responded (or are thinking about responding) would it be a mistake to time these at the same time as the turf wars? Would you like the option to try and stay competitive in both formats? Are these events appealing when they happen mid-week. Any feedback on when the events are occurring would be welcome as well.

Additionally, kudos to those in this thread. I am seeing constructive discussion and for the most part people sticking on topic. When this happens we have a much easier time collecting your feedback and really getting it to the people who make decisions.
  • Options
    LITKABOBLITKABOB Registered Users 6 Posts
    In my opinion it would be perfect to have gem prizes with the crates due to the fact that you can win a bronze crate and end up with a body kit for a rallye instead of 40 gems and to substitute the 8-event showdown which has cash prizes for the 24 hr car prize. Now you'd have crate/gem showdown and a car showdown
  • Options
    DEVIANTDEVIANT Registered Users 22 Posts
    Hey Ryst,
    How about discount vouchers for specific lobby cars as another possible prize???
  • Options
    DEVIANTDEVIANT Registered Users 22 Posts
    Hey Ryyst,
    How about discount vouchers for specific showroom cars as another possible prize???
  • Options
    FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    I really enjoyed the format and, being a crate junky, liked the payout of the first set. Were the contents throttled though? I've never gotten a worse selection of stuff from crates I've bought. A few datsuns a few body kits, only one NISMO print, oh well, prolly have to hit the bronze sale for those.

Seemed to see a lot more diversity of racers which was nice too. I personally couldn't run showdown and turf at the same time and showdown would come out on the short end given the current quality of turf cars.
  • Options
    FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    Just to add, thanks for asking. One of the big differences between this and other games seems to be the genuine interest that the devs show in their customers
  • Options
    Scorpion's HeartScorpion's Heart Registered Users 117 Posts
    This is the best glu's idea so far!!! leave this 8-events showdown for monday (prizes: 1-500 - crates & boosts, 500-2000 - gems). and make tuesday showdown for very old turf car like wrx sport, c6r, copo but without any wrapp. just a car. and its couldn't be better
  • Options
    roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    Love the new format, except for cash prize, and crates.

I try not to finish top 500 because crate is not worth the 80 gems the prize should be worth. I'd rather take the 40 gems for top 1000...

As for the cash events, I don't bother...

But those events are great for someone that sleep and has a job. Great idea!
  • Options
    azrullazrull Registered Users 29 Posts
    First of all, I would like to congratulate to Cie/Glu teams for your hardwork to bring this game to different level and thank you for all efforts you've shown to us until now. We also still expect for your developer team to fix all reported bug and bring more interesting brand/model to showroom soonest possible .

Regarding Showdown Events, the time frame is ok and this idea is brilliant. However, in term of prize, it still below than my expectation. As you can see, Showdown (SD) is an event where an individual player to compete each other by himself and it require a lot of efforts compared to turf events actually where in turf we work as a team. With addition to new format of SD and new offered prize, I can see that prize they got specifically to whom got crates, there was no different at all to current crates at shipyard. What hillarious to me, even slow-damn car like Datsun being included as given prize. It is not attractive at all and really disappointing to racer who spending their time, money to buy gems and boosts. Personally, it was not fair at all.

In term of timeframe, even I say ok in previous para, I personally think it was too short for 2 hours and I get your intention to let more player can win the prize. I also noted that SD was conducted for 2 days. As we can see, the list of events as follows:

1. Brand Battle (Honda, Mazda, JDM)
    2. Class Showdown (D, C, B, A, S, R, X, R2, R3)
    3. Wheel-Drive Battle (RWD, AWD, FWD)
    4. Car Battle (Skyline, Evolution 8)
    5. Conversion-based Battle (Turbocharger, Supercharger)

Therefore, I would like to suggest for Showdown game play and prize as follows:
    1. To conduct 6 events (1 events = 4 hours)
      Reason : The prize as I proposed below is very interesting to pursue. So dragging the time to additional 2 hours should not be problem for racer to pursue that kind of prize.
    2. Now, for the prize. I have two suggestion for crate prize style. Before that, below is the current crate car in the shipyard from what I remember so far:
      Pagani (Huayra CE, Zonda), Bentley GT3, Acura, F1 GTR, P1, Pandora, GTR Nismo, Hellcat Duo (Challenger, Charger)
      All these cars we need to collect their pieces.
      1st Suggestion :
      Offer all this cars directly as a prize without pieces coupled with showdown wrap as well with interesting rims installed. Gems too.

OR

I noticed in crates that you have black matte paint (time to varying more color), boosts and rims. I also know that you can do cut-off time in terms of repair, reduce-stress and installing parts as prize.
      2nd Suggestion:
      Jackpot slot style. All the above items will be listed and winner will be randomly pick that prize (spinning like slot machine). If you rank high, you can spin more (LOL). Do not forget gems.
    However, the above is my personnal suggestion and to whom already suggested in the previous post (before I post this), I humbly apologize for repetitive behaviours.

Regards
    I B L Y S S
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I said in my post that any prize is better than an old plated car, but will say RR cash is a bad idea. Many people get more betting or farming shift points, with much less damage. I have a 0 damage car just for hitting shift points. the ease of launch makes it perfect for the task. No I don't use a automated anything, i do it myself, just found the perfect easy car to use