Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

"Racing Rivals requires an Internet connection. RELOAD/RETRY"

NavyVetNavyVet Registered Users 182 Posts
Evidently I have an internet connection or I wouldn't be able to post this.

People with internet connections CAN'T log into the game and it started during last nights BMW showdown. We deserve to know what going on? Can we get an explanation?

I would like to hear from administrators,( Ryyst you are one of those) as to what is going on with the game. We use to get updates as to what was going on but not lately. Team chat is still down, no word from ANYBODY as to when that will be fixed. (IF IT EVER WILL BE)

We were told months ago that GLU was trying to fix the problems with the forums page but the problems still exist (and it still SUCKS) and no word as to when or if they will be fixed either.

Can an administrator PLEASE address these issues? (Fingers are crossed)

Comments

• Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    Hopefully they get all this resolved.
  • [RR] PhoenixX[RR] PhoenixX Moderators 1,575 Posts
    Racing Rivals is currently down, as most of you already know. We are aware of the issue and are working hard to get a hotfix out for the issue as soon as possible.
  • Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    Do we still get our earrings for the racers showdown
  • GirthyGorillaGirthyGorilla Registered Users 5 Posts
    I'm missing the racer showdown!!! :( I also wanted to upgrade my new supra
  • DRAGMASTER76DRAGMASTER76 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I thought it was only me phew man and its hacked again they just game me a free car lol a google edition BMW did anyone else get it
  • NavyVetNavyVet Registered Users 182 Posts
    Thank you PhoenixX for the fast reply and hope this problem gets fixed SOON!!! I'm starting to go through withdrawl!!!
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I had no problems till the turbo event, now i'm locked out. Hope you can get it fixed fast, i want at least 20 gems.
  • Reddy SteadyReddy Steady Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hope the problem gets resolved soon. I too am goin thru withdrawals hahaha. Please keep us updated!
  • NavyVetNavyVet Registered Users 182 Posts
    Mr Alvin72 they would need to know if your ears are pierced or not to get you the right earrings, Lol! (Just joking with you)

I'm sure you will get your showdown earnings once the problem is fixed.
  • Reddy SteadyReddy Steady Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hope the problem gets resolved soon. I too am goin thru withdrawals hahaha. Please keep us updated!
  • ApbroncoApbronco Registered Users 8 Posts
    This is really irritating
  • Keni-1990Keni-1990 Registered Users 49 Posts
    That's it fixed guys
  • IndoIndo Registered Users 37 Posts
    finally it works again
    thanks a F'ing lot, just now got back in, it's over. yes i cleared cache and restarted my computer, before anyone asks. this is bullchit
    Due to being left out of the last gem/crate showdown, I think i'll skip the cash one. I can get my money for less damage, using the game bots in the public lobby
  • Bluebeast2kBluebeast2k Registered Users 80 Posts
    Bump. Why is this happening again please confirm and report back. Thank you
  • Green240sxGreen240sx Registered Users 29 Posts
    Doing same thing again :(
  • RYAN26gINGRYAN26gING Registered Users 16 Posts
    admin please fix my problem.. i 100% sure my internet connection is ok but when i launch racing rivals the game said "Racing Rivals requires an internet connection RETRY/RELOAD" my internet connection Globe Broadband 2mbps..
    please help me.. thanks
  • MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
    This is a old post
This discussion has been closed.