Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

THE SHiPYARD: Crate Buying

I wondered.. is it better to buy crates in a row..or buy and wait a while? 2 in a row or 3? IDK. Post your opinion. Tell me your results. I wanted to create this post to promote max results to crate buyers (us!)
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Island racerIsland racer Registered Users 120 Posts
    I usually buy the bundle pack, I'll buy two or three if i have left over gems.
  • Options
    Mathi0uzMathi0uz Registered Users 586 Posts
    Thanks for your post!
  • Options
    I have a friend that buys 2 and then waits 1 hour or more to get next 2. He gets a lot of good ones. But I havent heard anyone else doing this.
  • Options
    phxtracts710phxtracts710 Registered Users 108 Posts
    In almost every game I have made/played, the game is coded with certain statistics for every individual reward item. Each item has its own specific odds, which is why certain items are much more common than others. I highly doubt that waiting in between purchases will do anything to affect the odds of your crate rewards..
  • Options
    Awesome! Thank you for your post.
  • Options
    NAKAI SANNNAKAI SANN Registered Users 176 Posts
    I seem to get better luck in bundles
  • Options
    8darth racer88darth racer8 Registered Users 694 Posts
    Well Bundles have always been better for me
  • Options
    merk210merk210 Registered Users 3,038 Posts
    ^^^^ agreeed got some expensive *** rims out of bundles
  • Options
    Alright! Thanks for your posts. So far opinions are:
    -dont have to wait in between purchases
    -bundles are better
  • Options
    SpeedzalotSpeedzalot Registered Users 443 Posts
    Bundle & always have patience & wait for them to go on sale price , you might have to wait about a month in between but it's worth it.
  • Options
    Racer KaiRacer Kai Registered Users 136 Posts
    There's definitely some logic behind how often a prize is won, it's "odds" (I've purchased enough crates to know). So there should be no difference in outcome buying singles, or buying bundles. It's the "odds" of winning that ultimately determine what's in each crate. We covet the things that have the greatest value so when we win those, we feel lucky, and when we don't, we feel unlucky. So if you are trying to build a Pandora from blueprints, you will feel lucky every time you get a blueprint, and unlucky when you do not. This is our human brain at work, but since every crate has _something_ inside it, every crate has a 100% chance of winning.

There are some interesting behaviors about these crates though I've discovered. The first is that after buying a certain amount of any crate color, you no longer win free rims anymore. There is a graphic on the crates that says, "Free in 7 purchases" and those are for a set of rims, but this eventually goes away, so no more free rims. The other behavior is a recent one since turf cars were added to crates. When a turf ends, that turf car is removed and the next turf car is added. I don't know how soon after turf this happens, but you can win the next turf car Sunday evening even before the crate graphics are updated to show the new turf car. I stumbled upon this by accident when I bought 10 bronze crates after turf ended a few weeks ago and started winning multiple vipers, which had never been in the bronze crates prior.
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing. Great post!