Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Tie Races!

KidWalleyeKidWalleye Registered Users 24 Posts
recently there has been a dramatic increase of people getting tie races! this is happening more and more against certain people in my experience. it appears that there is another tie glitch being utilized by certain racers. I have no clue how it is done but I do know that it happens most of the time when there is some form of a bet or a pink race happening! we keep getting Thai races against these people unless they win the race, then the tie race does not happen and they win the bet or your car.

Is this a known issue?

Gary

Comments

• [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    There are a couple reasons you could be getting tie races or even seeing more of them. If you would like us to take a look at a particular race, please submit a ticket to support.
  • KidWalleyeKidWalleye Registered Users 24 Posts
    can you please give me some examples of what could be causing ty races every time I beat the same person but when they beat me it is not a tie race?
  • Green240sxGreen240sx Registered Users 29 Posts
    I got it 2 times in a row even though the guy smoked me... I know exactly what this dude is talking about.
  • SpadeZSpadeZ Registered Users 156 Posts
    Happened to me yesterday. I had a guy begging me to pink him in a car that had no chance of winning. I don't do pinks so I put up cash and sure enough i got the "invalid race results in a tie" message and lost my money after I seen my car beat his by a bus. But whatever...
  • [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    We are taking a look at the recent increase in these results. At this time I do not have anything concrete to pass on.
  • hexxum001hexxum001 Registered Users 3,954 Posts
    SpadeZ wrote: »
    Happened to me yesterday. I had a guy begging me to pink him in a car that had no chance of winning. I don't do pinks so I put up cash and sure enough i got the "invalid race results in a tie" message and lost my money after I seen my car beat his by a bus. But whatever...
    This should be a red flag to anyone. And yes it's happening all the time again now. Guys in Civics or Darts or other D class cars going into maxxed lobbies and asking for pinks. I was in a maxxed lobby yesterday doing some tuning and half the cars in there were C and D class cars that didn't belong there. They are obviously glitching and trying to get people to pink them.
  • deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    It's been happening a lot lately but Glu doesn't play their own game to know it. Happens on high end cars all the time and the invalid tie have is something CIE/Glu have no idea about they think it was just a close race. BS. They are so blind to whats happening in game to really know. I won 5 high end cars just to say tie invalid race when I win but when YOU lose or foul it won't happen then they will take your car.

People have learned how to make the race NOT count when the odds are not in their favor. Flu has no idea that this is a MAJOR issue. No idea.

Several people have been complaining about it and its all over the race rooms of it. Don't throw pinks anymore the odds are really not in your favor nor 50/50 anymore. The game has gotten worse since this glitch has taken over and it started happening just after this past main turf ended. GLU PLAY YOUR OWN GAME AND GET OUT IN THE RACE FIELD TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
  • Legendary PandaLegendary Panda Registered Users 29 Posts
    @sparkle no it's people forcing the tie to happen by trying to scam you out of your car if you fowl or something.with zero risk to them of actually losing their car.
    people are doing this through the computer I've learned. Only that much I know but users choose when the race counts or not. Major issue but Glu will tell you otherwise. They will say the race was just close. smh. They have absolutely no idea what's going on with their own game such a shame

ign: cocoabiscuits
  • Scorpion's HeartScorpion's Heart Registered Users 117 Posts
    happened to me also. i've nituced this glitch at monday showdown event. the guy in m3 e92 with crate rims bet 100k. i was in z28. it was 1663 lobby. i've raised to pink. he accepted. i won the race. in the end it said "tie race". the same shitt happened today on turf wars. i won civic si but in the end it said tie race.
  • Dc2VA!Dc2VA! Registered Users 3 Posts
    it happend to me also that it shows tie race
  • azrullazrull Registered Users 29 Posts
    I just checked right now. I have two racer. One play using on PC and another using on smartphone. I try to pink and intented to foul then it resulted to tie.
  • ELITEVIRUSELITEVIRUS Registered Users 1 Posts
    Well I just got called a hacker cos the race was a tie. It was maxed ford gt vs maxed ford gt. I put 10k bet down the other guy pinked. I accepted. I won the got a tie result.

Then everyone is saying im hacking?. Wtf I dont know how to hack.
  • Potato666Potato666 Registered Users 24 Posts

It happened to me several times. I uploaded a video on youtube. I also sent this video to the support of the game. I expect an answer ..
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    So about the ties. We know.

It's not a glitch... nor is it an intended feature.

A few months ago we found that there were several third party programs out there that were being used in conjunction with Facebook. So we added a feature that would disqualify you if you were on Facebook and you "clicked" outside the Rivals window during a race.

DQs or disqualifications, used to make a player automatically lose. However, the public spoke out against that so we changed it so DQs became Ties. Tie results result in nothing earned and nothing lost. No cars lost, no boosts used no engine damage.

So yes, now that people have found a way to abuse that, we are rethinking a new solution.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• azrullazrull Registered Users 29 Posts
    It is about time for you to develop standalone application or using your own web server instead of being attached to Facebook.
  • Racer KaiRacer Kai Registered Users 136 Posts
    Well, what a strange turn of events. For those people, "the public", who spoke out against being DQ'd, it certainly now seems they are the minority. I think if you asked again, "the public" for advice on what should happen if a PC user clicks outside the Rivals window, you will get a resounding, "DQ!!!!". How about this...

For races where no money or pink slips are at stake: when a PC user clicks outside the Rivals window, the result ends in a tie. This should suffice for those "public" that felt the DQ was too harsh a penalty because of some other uncontrollable window pop-up taking focus away. Neither side wins and the race can be redone.

For races where money (even $100) or pink slips are at stake: if the Rivals window loses focus between the time the race is accepted and completed, that person gets a "DNF" (most likely the preferred behavior now by "the public") and loses. Other than the rare pop-up happening during those 12 seconds (average I'm guessing), no PC user should EVER click outside the Rivals window during a race, and those rules should be made very clear to PC users that a DNF will result.

The public has voiced their frustration in the decision to allow racing through FB (on a PC). This is probably an additional revenue stream for you, but it is impacting the mobile user community as a result. The net may be no gain at all since mobile players (including myself) are now at a severe disadvantage to the current game behavior for PC users. Have you seen how many people are selling their accounts lately in frustration?

I realize every change has unintended consequences. There is enough evidence now that the current tie behavior is doing more harm than good. People are afraid to pink race once again, which hurts the game play/experience and ultimately drives down your user base and increases negative reviews.
  • DRIVER STAGED 1103DRIVER STAGED 1103 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I just think it would be nice to be able to race on a track and not have to worry about higher ranked cars been on the same track I just raced my mustang gt the other guy I forget his name was in a corvette SRS I got smoked I was a 1648 he was a 1678 I don't know much about computers but seems like there should be away to make sure the right cars are on the right track sorry to bother Driver staged 1103
  • RAINBHOWDASHRAINBHOWDASH Registered Users 71 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryyst;n3936856]So about the ties. We know.

It's not a glitch... nor is it an intended feature.

A few months ago we found that there were several third party programs out there that were being used in conjunction with Facebook. So we added a feature that would disqualify you if you were on Facebook and you "clicked" outside the Rivals window during a race.

DQs or disqualifications, used to make a player automatically lose. However, the public spoke out against that so we changed it so DQs became Ties. Tie results result in nothing earned and nothing lost. No cars lost, no boosts used no engine damage.

So yes, now that people have found a way to abuse that, we are rethinking a new solution.[/QUOTE]

what about the multiples of use (including me) who sent a support ticket asking for our cars back due to this abuse what will be done here? i didnt wait days and days on end to hand a car to some hacker who can set the race up for his or her terms
  • RAINBHOWDASHRAINBHOWDASH Registered Users 71 Posts
    You lose your car when they keep challenging you and you mess up the start after 2 pink wins I sent a ticket to support and no response
    They abuse a glitch that screws you over if you mess up once dispite me winning 2 times and getting a tie
    azrull wrote: »
    It is about time for you to develop standalone application or using your own web server instead of being attached to Facebook.

I agree. THIS IS ANOTHER WAY PEOPLE CAN EASILY HACK INTO ACCOUNTS is when they log in through Facebook or gmail using Android accounts. Hackers easily can intercept accounts and take away peoples cars. I was threatened by a hacker that because I wouldn't give him my turf car that he was going to hack my account. Luckily it would be harder for him to do so because I don't use Facebook to log in I use Game Center and was told the same to NOT log in thru FB as others understand this as well. Take away PC racing take away RR through FB completely and make it more exclusive to iOS devices than the route Glu has taken. You're opening yourselves to more attacks with these platforms.