Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Hey RYYST, Regarding March Motor Madness

crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
I have a couple concerns, regarding this new competition,

#1. Will the public lobbys be turf locked? Or will piggybackers still be getting in? I see this as an exploiting possibility, Please answer

#2. since this is a no prize, fun run type event. I figure it's a way, for the DEV's to see which cars, need to be nerfed. GNX and subie coupe come to mind on this topic.

I'd like answers, before participating please. No need in racing, a room full of piggybackers. Also no need in participating in a DEV's nerf fest

Comments

• 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    #1 yes piggyback will always get in.
    #2 yes one prize will be given to the winner or no one will show up.
    prize can be gems crates cash or devs car we don't know yet.

IGN : 1320killer
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I'd rather RYYST give me an answer, But if this is how it will go i'll pass. No way i'll become a piggybacker, just to force a car to win. Hate to say it, but this is as half baked, as offering plated cars for the 24 hour showdowns. If you want to see for real, which car is the best, Lock the lobbys for the 48 hours of the "event"

BTW read the announcement, he said there is no prizes, this is strictly a fun event. They are wanting to know, which car is truly the best. Look at the brackets, there is no name, other than the actual cars being run. No individual honors involved, this is a car battle specifically. That makes me think, it's a devs study to nerf the cars, with disproportionate win percentage.

If piggybackers are running, it will skew the percentages. No offence, but that would be stupid and not scientific in process. BTW I'll pass, not racing piggybackers and ruining my personal win ratio, just to get certian cars nerfed. I'll stick to my bots
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Uh...

1. Nothing changes. This isn't a Dev event, just Community, which means we just are looking at the game how it is. Races happen just how they do. If you don't want to actually race a car in it, thats fine, we'll still move forward.
    2. Nope, literally we (Community) just said, lets do a March "Mayhem" thing just for fun. Nothing else.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• ploorpploorp Registered Users 8 Posts
    This is (beep!). Fix the computer hacking, quit (Beep!) around w **** we don't give a **** about. Ty
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryyst;n3936828]Uh...

1. Nothing changes. This isn't a Dev event, just Community, which means we just are looking at the game how it is. Races happen just how they do. If you don't want to actually race a car in it, thats fine, we'll still move forward.
    2. Nope, literally we (Community) just said, lets do a March "Mayhem" thing just for fun. Nothing else.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Ryyst, I'll stick to what i'm doing then. All i ever do in the public lobby, is run bots for the sponsor races and keeping sharp anyways. I will be rooting for the 2000 subie coupe though
  • DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    I feel for the people at Glu for having to put up with dumb kids like Ploorp that don't know anything and spout off with that kind of language.
  • Green240sxGreen240sx Registered Users 29 Posts
    Sounds like a waste of time...
    Piggybacking, No Prize = BORING...