Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

The Tie "Glitch"

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Hello all,

Its pretty apparent that most players are upset about the recent increase in "Tie Results" and we hear you.

Let me start by explaining exactly what is going on.

Months ago, we had a system in the game where it checks data for anything that was off, or didn't match our records. Data that players may have changed to try and cheat the system. If our checks came up with something that didn't match, we would "Disqualify" the racer or DQ as it became known as. That would mean the racer with the "mismatched" data would lose.

Now, due to quality of connections, issues with devices etc, many people who lost to DQs complained that they didn't cheat. We conceded that it was possible certain discrepancies were caused by device/connection issues in some of these cases. The player base demanded it be changed. So we listened and we did change it. Instead of losing, a "DQ" result ends in a tie. Since we couldn't 100% say that a racer was cheating, we figured the best solution would be that no one won. A tie result means no one wins, no one loses. No one uses a boost and no one gains engine damage. Basically, it's as if the race never happened.

So currently, something we think is a cheat, becomes a tie.Why don't we just ban/make players lose instead. Because you told us not to. To be fair, it's because we also cannot determine if these "discrepancies" mean someone is cheating or if its something wrong with a connection or due to an older device.

A few weeks ago we learned that some players who apparently don't know how to play a game properly, started using third party programs to give them unfair advantages when racing. In other words, these players were cheating because they were either afraid their race skills were super sub-par or they were evilly greedy because they wanted to take your stuff. (Can you tell how much I love these losers?)

Because of that we changed it so that if you were playing Rivals on Facebook and you "clicked" outside the Rivals window during a race, you DQed. Meaning, it ended in a Tie.

What we did not foresee, (because we think highly of our players) is that some players would use this to their advantage. So, they started doing this to make sure they didn't lose. Awesome right?

So once again, because some players don't have the skillz to beat you legitimately, they resort to "cheating" to gain an advantage because apparently playing a game is too hard for them, we are looking at different options. Unfortunately, any change we make may require another update so it will take time.

You can thank these players or rather, non-players for this.They're just afraid of all you legit racers.

- Ryyst

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev1

Comments

• roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    get rid of Facebook...

It's unfair to tablets or phone players because you get really good reaction times. Anyone who tried Facebook doesn't play on their other devices anymore (I'm one of them).
    I get at least 4-5 0.000 RT every weekend I play in turf. Never got close to this on iPhone/iPad.

And, it's so much easier to find glitches on a PC. Did you see that racing bot video? And now you're stuck with people just having to clic outside their browser to keep their money/car?

• nitromayhemnitromayhem Registered Users 35 Posts
    Couldn't agree more u can't even race free races in turf withOut them hitting u with a tie race if they lose they save there car from damage by insisting a tie and its just as simple has he said. I never been a fan of Facebook there has been nothing but trouble since it came on line
  • REDmonster26REDmonster26 Registered Users 1,015 Posts
    I know that the social network is a selling point for some I also stand to remove the Facebook option it may seem drastic but it will remove hacks and the majority of cheaters/glitches. I feel that this is the road we need to take in order to fix A LOT OF ISSUES.
  • OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    I agree pc users have an advantage with super perfect rt. (0.00) I play on a iPad mini and .001 is my best. BUT I am happy to hear you guys are looking for a solution to this tie issue as it is running rampant at the moment. Please keep us informed of any progress.
  • GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    Yes I am glad this is being worked on. Also I would be glad to the see whole Facebook/PC side be taken away.
  • sometypeofgirlsometypeofgirl Registered Users 202 Posts
    Remove from pc, or separate pc users an phome/tablet users.. Let the cheaters race themselves.
  • DEVIANTDEVIANT Registered Users 22 Posts
    How about Facebook only lobbies, so there is no possible advantage over mobile device players?
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I play on a PC, never on a phone. I have always played honorably, never got the ultra perfect, but have seen them.My problem, is if FB is eliminated, I will not buy a 200.00+ phone or tablet, just for a stupid game. If you lose FB, i figure you lose about 1/3 of your players instantly. Sorry but this is my opinion and concerns, If the game is lost on FB, I'll never play again. No way i'll screw with a touchscreen and relearn what i have already learned, just to play. I was fixing to start coining a little, that will be lost if this happens
  • RAINBHOWDASHRAINBHOWDASH Registered Users 71 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryyst;n3951579]Hello all,

Its pretty apparent that most players are upset about the recent increase in "Tie Results" and we hear you.

Months ago, we had a system in the game where it checks data for anything that was off, or didn't match our records. Data that players may have changed to try and cheat the system. If our checks came up with something that didn't match, we would "Disqualify" the racer or DQ as it became known as. That would mean the racer with the "mismatched" data would lose.

Now, due to quality of connections, issues with devices etc, many people who lost to DQs complained that they didn't cheat. We conceded that it was possible certain discrepancies were caused by device/connection issues in some of these cases. The player base demanded it be changed. So we listened and we did change it. Instead of losing, a "DQ" result ends in a tie. Since we couldn't 100% say that a racer was cheating, we figured the best solution would be that no one won. A tie result means no one wins, no one loses. No one uses a boost and no one gains engine damage. Basically, it's as if the race never happened.

So currently, something we think is a cheat, becomes a tie.Why don't we just ban/make players lose instead. Because you told us not to. To be fair, it's because we also cannot determine if these "discrepancies" mean someone is cheating or if its something wrong with a connection or due to an older device.

A few weeks ago we learned that some players who apparently don't know how to play a game properly, started using third party programs to give them unfair advantages when racing. In other words, these players were cheating because they were either afraid their race skills were super sub-par or they were evilly greedy because they wanted to take your stuff. (Can you tell how much I love these losers?)

Because of that we changed it so that if you were playing Rivals on Facebook and you "clicked" outside the Rivals window during a race, you DQed. Meaning, it ended in a Tie.

What we did not foresee, (because we think highly of our players) is that some players would use this to their advantage. So, they started doing this to make sure they didn't lose. Awesome right?

So once again, because some players don't have the skillz to beat you legitimately, they resort to "cheating" to gain an advantage because apparently playing a game is too hard for them, we are looking at different options. Unfortunately, any change we make may require another update so it will take time.

You can thank these players or rather, non-players for this.They're just afraid of all you legit racers.

- Ryyst

[/QUOTE]

Too late I already lost my car to a guy who challenged me three times winning two times and burning the launch the 3rd time ;_; god damn cheaters still no report response
  • pistolapistola Registered Users 437 Posts
    fb needs to go because it only opens peoples acct to being hacked. I don't believe 1/3 are fb users. pc have all advantages of cheating. I VOTR DO AWAY WITH FB. I also spend a lot of real cash in game. or as one stated above give fb their own lobby to play in see how long that last. pc users should not be on same platform as moble devices anyway. oh and my phone cost $600 not $200
  • Racer KaiRacer Kai Registered Users 136 Posts

Unfortunately, any change we make may require another update so it will take time.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update Ryyst. In reference to the above, there will always be unintended consequences of any changes made, and what I appreciate is the willingness to go back to the drawing board again considering the current abuse of the designed tie behavior to address prior cheating. In my line of work, I would be consulting you on the cost:benefit of keeping the FB app at this point, specifically looking at the revenue generated from FB users against the dramatic rise in customer support costs to restore accounts and cars, accompanied by the ongoing development and maintenance costs of the FB app, as well as damage to the brand from negative reviews and lost revenue potential as a result of the cheating it has enabled since released. I do hope you and the team are able to make some educated guesses here to see if there still is economic benefit of continuing to support the FB app going forward. Of course I do not know the answer, but as I've said in the past, I hope there are sound business reasons for any future decisions made.

In the meantime, is there any stopgap measure you could put into place to reduce the prevalence of using the tie behavior as a cheat? Could you send a message to the FB user every time they clicked outside the window stating that behavior is not allowed? Could you cause their game to force a wait period, growing longer every time the app window lost focus? Could you suspend their account at a certain point? Is there anything you can do easily in the meantime to improve the turf wars experience until a longer lasting fix is in place?
  • Fishylord7Fishylord7 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hello Ryyst, I would really appreciate your help with something, I am aware of the tie cheats as I come across them constantly too, it's not cool at all! However I have another related tie issue which I have contacted support regarding it but only received a stock letter response that quite frankly did not resolve my issue. Here goes, I have a certain tune that I built for a particular car that on perfect boosted runs only results in DQ against bots, or tie with live racers, I thought the one car had an issue so now have same tune upon 3 cars, same result every perfect run ( non perfect boosted I find do not elicit the same response from the game), I am not cheating as I would not bother to contact you here! My assumption can only be that this car is running faster than your programme allows? I would appreciate your opinion as to this as I have not received an answer elsewhere! Thanks in advance.
  • roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    Even if Facebook is bringing 33% of players (which I doubt) to this game. Right now, Facebook is killing this game. If they can't control cheaters using Facebook, they better shut it down quick or they'll lose much more than 33% of their players...

Even if they can control cheaters, it will still be an unfair match because of the incredible RT Facebook players get...

Anyone here on iOS or Android ever got a 0.000 RT?
  • FAULK222FAULK222 Registered Users 19 Posts

- Ryyst

[/QUOTE]

I have 2 thing to say about this being one of the "dirty facebook players" (i have a blackberry there fore it is the only way i can play)

1 this would have been nice information to have i spent all last weekend trying to figure out why i was being called a "glitch abuser" thinking why are they doing the tie glitch on me even when they win while i had 2 tabs open at the same time clicking back and forth while playing and now i see it WAS me causing it

2 this has to be the worst fix of an issue i have ever saw......... to have it so all you need to do is click outside the game to make it an tie race it is that easy to do and it is explaned exactly what to do above that even the most honest player can see this and run a race to just say i am losing OH i just need to click over here and the race don't count

thats my rant

As of right now, the game has been down for three + hours for me. I play on a computer and was planning to put a little money, into my account for boosts. At this point, I'm second guessing that. Have restarted my computer 7 times and cleared cache 8+ times, I am hoping the computers are not being forceably locked out. This will end my racing, within the game. I refuse to buy a tablet, just for playing this game. Phones are just too small and a waste of time, in my opinion. Guess it's back to my other FB game, while the monkeys get busy throwing crap at each other
  • Mike wisemanMike wiseman Registered Users 33 Posts
    Please do something soon this had become the best all round mobile racing game experience. Now it is becoming just a car customization app
  • Mike wisemanMike wiseman Registered Users 33 Posts
    Please do something soon this had become the best all round mobile racing game experience. Now it is becoming just a car customization app
  • bensmokin420bensmokin420 Registered Users 11 Posts

- Ryyst

[/QUOTE]

I hit up a guy for a race and he pinked me ,we raced and I won .then window pops up and says invalid race.race was a tie.
  • KNOBAKAKNOBAKA Registered Users 2 Posts
    I genuinely love this game but as of late, due to this tie glitch... My pinkslip racing during turf wars and out side of turf was has become a genuine pain. I hope you resolve the issue sooner than later. It's really killing my fun when every major bet I make ends in either a tie or a loss now.
  • pistolapistola Registered Users 437 Posts
    hey ryyst can you guys make it to where so many ties within certain time gets accts banned till they contact customer service to explain. the game will auto ban accts if so many cars are transferred within certain time . if someone gets couple ties because of server connection you guys will see that upon investigating issue. if that acct has 10 ties due to same reason within 30 min you will see that that person is simply manipulating game. you have went in depth with acct action on issues ive had before so im sure you guys can see if an acct is doing same thing over and over.
  • DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    Complaining about PC user getting a a better RT is silly. How many people lose a race by 0.001. You want to talk about fair try playing on my phone. The lag is so bad my RT can easily get to 0.350. Im bouncing off the rev limiter on my first shift on anything faster then a 56 tune. I have never gotten better then a 0.004 RT on my phone it will not do it. I still play on it a lot since Im not going to sit at home and play this game all day. I get accused of being a scamer because of my abnormally bad racing sometimes on my phone. Last week I couldn't even play on my phone I couldn't log in. I can only see half of other people garage.

Now clicking off the game while racing ends the race in a tie is a great idea..... If I didn't have to reach across the damn mouse pad to hit the launch button. Im not really sure why we can't use the left 1/2 of the key for launch buttons. I screw myself plenty playing on the computer bumping the mouse pad then the launch buttons don't work. Regardless what you play on it has down falls. Their are races that I would of won that we tied on since I must have hit the mouse pad.
    Why not make PC users race in full screen? If clicking off the game space is causing it, make the whole screen the gamespace
  • FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    Racers can do a lot right now to discourage tie glitchers. Make sure to call them out in chat, then others in the lobby know not to waste their time. That was being done pretty regularly this turf on my server and probably put a hurtin on the tie glitchers business. One of the benefits to being constricted to a particular community of racers on a server is that you get to know the community; the cheats, the fast, the boosters and the scammers. Last but not least, DO NOT PINKS RACE WITH A CAR YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE. Nobody can claim ignorance of the issues by now and they will continue in some form or variety. The operation of a platform as ambitious as Racing Rivals will involve bugs, and with the success of the game come cheaters. It sucks but it's reality. If you choose to bet your car, then you accept the risk of loss with the knowledge that you may get hit with lag, restarts or hacks. If that's an unacceptable risk, don't do it.
  • Bling_AsphaltBling_Asphalt Registered Users 16 Posts
    I think this glitch will have much more drastic effects then any this game has seen before.

Its too easy, anyone can do it. You dont need a youtube video to figure it out you just need to come to this post and see how its done. Something this effective and easy to do will spread like wildfire. Mind you we are still in the stages of most dont know how it works or know people are causing it.

The long term effects of this are going to happen very rappidly. it will spread firstly to facebook users whether they discover accedently, hear about in game, or read this post the temptation will be too much most will atleast see if it works in a free race, then will they use it again? Once they discover the power who knows.

The next effect will be people who discover it and want to try it out. They will try it out probably never go back to mobile devices because as some of you have pointed out its easier to get good rt, and again they will have the tie glitch their back pocket.

Then you will have people who get tired of getting taken advantage of that will go to facebook to even the odds discover good rts stay on fb, yada yada. Also will have the glitch in there back pocket.

If this occurs the # of fb players will skyrocket, giving glu a reason to never get rid of pc users, in addition make pink slipping a joke(it already has made this happen to a degree), also, when they do fix there will be alot more people on computers so the next time a hack or glitch happens it will spread faster.

Whats the long term affect maybe nothing, maybe they fix it and all is well. But we can assume for sure it will spread quickly, pinking is gunna be joke till its fixed, and there is probably going to be a mass movement to computer use. I know i will probably go to my computer soon, will i glitch someone? Who knows maybe i will fall into the third category, or worse maybe it will turn my good hearted soul evil as my greed grows with the power of the glitch.
  • Buby24Buby24 Registered Users 3,151 Posts
    This game is too shitty already i send emails and nothing i post here and not dev reply fuckkk i have 2 tie races that i won today and yesterday but u dont do nothing... Buby24
  • Legendary PandaLegendary Panda Registered Users 29 Posts
    I have like guys who bet me 500k And pinks that tie it. I've won maybe 5 cars that ended in ties because so many people know abut this now.. everybody is doing it now days... seems like of you are not tieing Pinks in a lobby you are part of the minority. So many ppl know about this I would guess a good 80% of players are doing this.
  • RAINBHOWDASHRAINBHOWDASH Registered Users 71 Posts
    Your telling me if you had zero idea someone was abusing a bug to not lose and you lost your car the third time despite losing two times you wouldnt want your car back? Bs total bs ill accept the consequences of my actions when im not ignorant to said situation then and only then I will say I made the mistake but seeing as to how I didnt know this was a bug? Kinda hard to accept said conseqence
  • dafoededafoede Registered Users 37 Posts

- Ryyst

[/QUOTE]

You should send a message in the game to players the same way you did when you had the maintenance a couple weeks ago. Let EVERYONE know you are aware of the situation. I know I just received a message back after reporting players for tie glitching me. So I googled and found this thread. Reach out to everyone and let them know the team sees that there is an issue and that you are looking for a resolution at this time. People in the game chats just think you are blind eyeing it. Thanks ryyst for posting this. Like everyone else said, I vote out with facebook. I never have liked it. Don't have one and never plan to get one.
  • davethepointdavethepoint Registered Users 62 Posts
    The problem is easy to fix. You (the player) are resposable of your connection and your device. If the game detect anormal thing, connection problem or whatever: You loose that it. like it was before. I remember a time when iphone player doing a lot of glitch too with theire connection. closing the app for apple wasn t a solution so i dont know why its a solution for facebook player.
  • trinidudetrinidude Registered Users 53 Posts
    If I have 2 accts registered to 2 different fb accts can I use my samsung tablet to race on either one of them by logging on to the fb acct i want to use?