Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

m3 gt2 event wtf

dragonwolfdragonwolf Registered Users 11 Posts
what is the point in selling a google edition of the car or for that matter having a prize rivals edition if you can't race them in an event for that type of car. And why do you put up a sale car that takes so long to deliver and mod right as the event starts!!! this is low even for you glu....

Comments

• Options
    Push it to the limitPush it to the limit Registered Users 329 Posts
    Was thinking the same thing. Seriously why can't we use google edition for this event? It's a bmw gt2 right?!
  • Options
    apparently even though stock specs match it not according to them
  • Options
    BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    Me too its the same dam car WTF !!! Im not paying greedy glu a fing mil for another one and then dont have time to up grade it o yea by the a rwb qualifies for a jdm event this makes a lot of f ing sense glu
  • Options
    I mean cool the gt2 is on sale for 300k. But have to spend gems for delivery. Then upgrade and spend gems to speed that up. This is seriously messed up.
  • Options
    And this gets even more ridiculous with a 1 day 16 hour wait for delivery time when you buy your sale car and of course videos stop working correctly most of the time after turf starts as usual!!!
  • Options
    BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    They can keep their dam cars screw it !!
  • Options
    I agree I spent money to get gems to get that car and now glu showed up that you shouldn't bother buying special edition cars if u actually plan on using them. never again will i spend a dime on this game!!
  • Options
    slaveone26slaveone26 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I am so over this google play car not being elligible for any turf events. Now the turf if for the m3 gt2 which the google car is and its STILL NOT ELLIGIBLE! previous turf prize cars are usuable but not limited edition cars that cost GEMS!! And additional insult videos dont even work to speed up delivery and repsirs!
  • Options
    azrullazrull Registered Users 29 Posts
    UNABLE TO BUY IT! WORST!
  • Options
    Turbo Bullitt 14Turbo Bullitt 14 Registered Users 23 Posts
    I thought it was a glitch or something that my BMW M3 GT2 Google Editions didn't qualify for turf. Nope. Just GLU being brain dead, once again. Not happy. I am about to join a lot of other veteran players and close up shop. I am F'ing SICK if the tie cheating and fed up with the lack of support.
  • Options
    Omg!!!! I just bought a regular gt2. Figured wtf it's only 330k. It's fuckin 82 gems to deliver early. And of course videos not working. This is insanity. Stuff like this is exactly why I posted my thinking about quitting thread. Read it and now everyone will be like this fuckker wasn't talking out of his a s s after all.
  • Options
    brianv3nturabrianv3ntura Registered Users 174 Posts
    the m3gt2 google edition and regular m3gt2 is actually not the same car. both cars max at different ratings and the google edition actually has better specs maxed + lower maxed times. the parts multiplier on the google edition is off.
  • Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    The Google Play edition is not identical so it is not eligible to keep things fair across all platforms.
  • Options
    Racer KaiRacer Kai Registered Users 136 Posts
    So I have to ask the question then, what turfs will the Google Edition M3 GT2 be eligible for? It is obviously not for a GT2 event, but how about a BMW event or R2 event? Is the fact that is was only available to Andriod users going to make it ineligible for ANY event unless it is a Google M3 GT2 event, "to keep things fair", as you've said?
  • Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    I am not going to be able to give you a list of events in which you can use the car. These things change at all the time. We don't even know what cars will be eligible for turf until the information is released so I am afraid that kind of advanced information is not something we can give out. There is a good chance it will be eligible for a lot of events, but not events where the only other car eligible is not as good (that just makes no sense).
  • Options
    Racer KaiRacer Kai Registered Users 136 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Sparkle;n4110344]I am not going to be able to give you a list of events in which you can use the car. These things change at all the time.[/QUOTE]

So how about someone who can tell us? Where is that person? I'm sure the forum would have many questions for him/her.

[QUOTE=[RR] Sparkle;n4110344]We don't even know what cars will be eligible for turf until the information is released so I am afraid that kind of advanced information is not something we can give out.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm finding that hard to believe. The decision to put turf eligible cars into crates happens at least 4 days before the start of the next turf. So, someone has to know the next turf at least 4 days prior to the start and tells the person responsible for the crate contents/graphics what updates are needed. I also find it hard to believe that the turf events/cars haven't been planned out for at least a month in advance. What I'm saying is, I find it very hard to believe that when the arrangement with Google to offer a GT2 car was made, and it was also decided to make it different from the showroom version, it was known at that very moment it would not be eligible for a GT2 event. So I will say it again that offering the car for sale without informing the customer was deceptive and damaged (even further) Glu's reputation.

[QUOTE=[RR] Sparkle;n4110344]There is a good chance it will be eligible for a lot of events, but not events where the only other car eligible is not as good (that just makes no sense).[/QUOTE]

It is disappointing that I've had to play this game almost a year to learn this rule.