Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

what happened

1stony1stony Registered Users 24 Posts
What happened to the sale after purchasing gems?

Comments

• Options
    MostDankEverMostDankEver Registered Users 86 Posts
    I don't know but I think its just for them to make more money off us. :/ I've bought $200 worth of gems and no more sale.
  • Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    There was a bug with this that is being worked on, it was not triggering as often as it should.
  • Options
    RashionalityRashionality Registered Users 22 Posts
    It's just another way for GLU to stick it to you. Since they have removed CIE completely from customer service they have ruined the game. They are just greedy fatherless children
    1stony wrote: »
    What happened to the sale after purchasing gems?
  • Options
    It's no bug either, they knew exactly what they were doing when they had the bonus removed so don't believe any BS from the, they are just being greedy now
  • Options
    [QUOTE=[RR] Sparkle;n4075228]There was a bug with this that is being worked on, it was not triggering as often as it should.[/QUOTE]

Bull...there is no bug, you guys are just greedy
  • Options
    Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    You guys are just going to make people quit. There should be no reason to dump tons of cash on a phone app game
  • Options
    The CS team is the same as was for CIE. The studio management is the same as was for CIE. Yes, it is a bug. There is an open bug report on the issue. Really we don't sit around like Mr. Burns trying to figure out how to be evil... we just want to make a fun game. Yes sometimes bugs happen which is why we appreciate people letting us know.
  • Options
    Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    We gonna get back the gems we should have received then,sparkle? 30% is a lot of gems for us to be missing out on. We might even stop moaning and grumbling at you and say thanks.
  • Options
    The sale never triggered so you actually received exactly what you bought. If there would be any kind of reimbursement from the bug, that would be a studio management decision.
  • Options
    redstarbelgraderedstarbelgrade Registered Users 22 Posts
    glad topic on this shit been created, also been wonderin what up with the Gems purchase sale gone
    ridiculous enough as it is, **** a bug or whatever the problem is, the sale bonus should be the norm
    or about the amount we should be gettin anyway.. def adds up n turns out costly as fvck after all..

disappointed as I've made gem purchasing kinda routine every other Wednesday, to keep me gemd
    now.. sparkle you reckon without sale triggering were gettin standard amount or what we pay for..?
    can't say I dig that being fair however i look at it, that's a load of garbage straight up brah. atleast i
    was hopin we would get rewarded some goddamn gems back once problem was identified and fixed
    in no time I'm down to like 7 gems remaining with purchases made on Wednesday.. Big p is 100%
    spot on.. it's way un fair and clearly no doubt, weak response thinkin it's all good move on. even I've
    cracked over this enough it's made me come out and post my two cents lol.. regardless who it's down to
    decided if we will get missing gems hooked up or not, who the fvck cares ay, aint matter one. bit. -
    not our problem ay, I just think naturally we should get sorted/looked after one way or another, it's what up
    ".. you cant kill me, i was born dead"
  • Options
    redstarbelgraderedstarbelgrade Registered Users 22 Posts
    iiitte my goddamn bank card for some reason is suspended.. probably while attempting to earn some gems
    by completing special offers, most failed anyway. can't do anything about the card right now b'coz of Easter
    public holidays as no banks/customer service is available to sort me out. I would've been sweet if gems sale
    was up though, just enough to pull me through. was looking forward to skyline turf which is happening now.

I know shit happens and after all it's tough luck on me but id greatly appreciate if one of the rr main dudes
    could hook us up for the time being even if just temporarily til I'm able to re up some gems myself returning
    wouldn't be a problem at all.

@ my nig Ryyst where you at braa :)

my IGN: BL4NK 13

and if I could just get a response, props!
    ".. you cant kill me, i was born dead"
  • Options
    [RR] PhoenixX[RR] PhoenixX Moderators 1,575 Posts
    Thanks for the feedback! This issue has been fixed.