Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Closing Facebook for NO good reason [RR] Ryyst?

This topic is made for [RR] Ryyst

Since it was just announced that RR would be closing on Facebook.
The reason given was it was "TOO EASY" to cheat using a PC and not as easy with a mobile device.
That reason is total crap. Here I will list the current "cheats" and how they work and are used.

Tie Glitch - works on all mobile devices and PC by either closing RR before a race is over or swapping tabs.
Tie Glitch Fix - DQ any user that exits RR before a race is over. That is how it was before being changed and how it is suppose to be.

Racebot - Currently it is only a PC thing that only MAYBE 10-100 people have.
Racebot works by selecting your car from a drop down box, then accepting a race, then adding in the launch key.
Racebot Fix - Since when you accept a race AND THEN have to enter the launch key, that is going to force a DQ if the TIE Glitch is fixed by doing the above suggestion.

Those are the 2 major cheats/glitches that the RR team are currently allowing because of letting people go outside of RR AFTER a race is accepted.
Fix that and that would pretty much kill off any other program too because both mobile and pc has programs like cheat engine that tries to alter what is being used in your devices memory.

IF you wanted to take it one steps further, then FORCE Racing Rivals to close if you go outside of the app. Since you have to load the app and then connect it to the cheating app/program. That would stop it all together since they wouldn't be able to accept a race or nothing and IF they wait until after the race is accepted, just simply make it a AUTO FOUL and let the legit users have a free win.

I know that it was changed since people would cry that their device lost connection, but honestly 75% of those people lied to try and get their car replaced because they lost. Same thing as those people who use the tie glitch now.

Closing a platform that is currently THE BEST option to use is crazy/stupid honestly, and using the excuses not to fix the issues isn't helping the game at all and at the same time losing tons of legit players that also pay a good amount of the income that keeps this game running.

If people want to complain that PC users have an advantage and they don't want to or can't use a pc themselves for what ever reason, then the simple fix to that would be to add a glowing box around the users avatar for what ever device their using. Facebook can have a Blue Glowing box, Android can have a Green Glow, and Apple can either have the default white that is already there or any other color so that people can tell the difference between who their racing and what device their using. That also lets the people that think all PC users are either cheating or have a advantage just avoid racing PC users and I know I would be just fine with racing other PC users if that is all that sent me a race, and I would be fine with it.

Just don't take the only way most of the legit PC users have to play this game when the fixes are sooooo simple.
Everyone is welcome to comment their own opinions on this, but lets try to keep this clean and maybe have the admins input on this too.

I'm also going to add that I am one of the ones that can, but WONT play Racing Rivals on my Android.
My reasons are simple... I'm not going from a perfect racing platform to one that lags my reaction time.
Yes I could go and buy a $1,000 phone/tablet, but I'm not. I will just not use RR at all until FB is brought back.
Prev1

Comments

• Morningstar98Morningstar98 Registered Users 17 Posts
    yea **** this game and the dev team. im not gonna spend a **** ton of money on a phone to run this game. i wouldnt even want to know knowing that the dev team are nothing but lazy fat pigs that are too **** lazy to fix shit in this game so they just remove it.
  • MrToddMrTodd Registered Users 790 Posts
    Probably is Not that Easy to fix all those Problems but in the Overall i agree with you. Im quiting for the Same Reason too. All Hope is lost in this game. Unless of course its just a Joke lol
  • EVO9FQ360EVO9FQ360 Registered Users 1,282 Posts
    MrTodd wrote: »
    Probably is Not that Easy to fix all those Problems but in the Overall i agree with you. Im quiting for the Same Reason too. All Hope is lost in this game. Unless of course its just a Joke lol

well I hope it's a joke. RR will regret this later trust me look how many people are going to be quiting hopfully they care about their players and will fix the issues. Hope they do lol.
  • 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    The Facebook app killed the game since it started, cause a bunch of people to get hacked and lose expensive turf cars. Good reddens
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• EVO9FQ360EVO9FQ360 Registered Users 1,282 Posts
    Lol I don't play on facebook I play on my iPhone but still the community, however what do u mean they got "hacked"
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I to play on PC, I always played legit. I never hacked, glitched or even lobby jumped (piggybacked), But i feel i'm being punished for the sins of others. All the hackers and glitchers, can just go back to their phone or tablet. I can't, I found this game on FB in October 2014, loved it, had lots of fun. But thanks to Glu's lazy attitude towards customer service and the fact i can't afford a proper phone or tablet, I will lose a great game. In my situation, i can't just go get a phone or tablet, so am just fuked. all because Glu can't simply stop those that aren't real players.

Sorry for pissing on glu, but everything i hear about the Unity engine, this shouldn't be happening. Unity is supposed to be, way more secure than flash, Unless they wanted FB to fail, in the first place, this shouldn't be happening. That is the only thing i can think of, they wanted it to fail at the outset.

I have been watching a game being developed, Called Oceans at War. The unity engine is described by the Dev's, as facing a battalion of marines armed with machine guns and you, with a butter knife in the middle of a mine field. I understand nothing is unhackable, but that sounds fairly secure, if the monkeys in the office knew how to implement it properly

Personally, i think the Glu staff get a no confidence vote from me and others, that will be forced out. they have not tried to provide service, they just stuck a finger in the dyke, Like the little kid in the famous story.

I know FB has issues, but you could make the game a partial DL for PC, like it is with phones and tablets. I would DL it to play, I'm sure others would as well. But of course, the PC market was doomed to fail. I'm sure this was a higher up's idea and nobody wanted it, so security was lowered to allow for mass failure.

In my opinion, GLU were the ultimate hacker. they pretended to be your friend, while sticking a knife in the backs of their own customers

E tu GLU?
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    The decision was not made lightly. The simple fact is, we are still a small studio. We don't have unlimited resources. We would like to move forward with the game, except we can't when we need those resources focused solely of the Facebook platform. Racing Rivals was conceived as a mobile game. We thought bringing it to the Facebook platform would add to the experience, however, in the grand scheme of things, the resources spent did not justify the ends. By closing down the Racing Rivals platform, we will be able to focus on the mobile game.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Morningstar98Morningstar98 Registered Users 17 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryyst;n4136391]The decision was not made lightly. The simple fact is, we are still a small studio. We don't have unlimited resources. We would like to move forward with the game, except we can't when we need those resources focused solely of the Facebook platform. Racing Rivals was conceived as a mobile game. We thought bringing it to the Facebook platform would add to the experience, however, in the grand scheme of things, the resources spent did not justify the ends. By closing down the Racing Rivals platform, we will be able to focus on the mobile game.[/QUOTE]

if u guys are really gonna be this retarted, please send all facebook users some sort of mobile device that will run this game smooth
  • outlaw905outlaw905 Registered Users 513 Posts
    wow way too shiit on us pc utilizer I'm sure quitting on April 10th it's an immensely colossal quandary if pc utilizer cheat but who cares if anyone cheats on a mobile contrivance
    and when i made a post every butt hurt mobile contrivance utilizer flush in. you wont get a penny from me
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryyst;n4136391]The decision was not made lightly. The simple fact is, we are still a small studio. We don't have unlimited resources. We would like to move forward with the game, except we can't when we need those resources focused solely of the Facebook platform. Racing Rivals was conceived as a mobile game. We thought bringing it to the Facebook platform would add to the experience, however, in the grand scheme of things, the resources spent did not justify the ends. By closing down the Racing Rivals platform, we will be able to focus on the mobile game.[/QUOTE]

Do you intend to grow up to a big studio like this? Kicking out lots of players. I understand its much easier to focus only on 1 platform but screw it man. Just start some kinda donation thing. Im pretty sure ppl will help if you guys keep the fb version up...
    No fb player would man. I know how hard it is to play in the mobile after your used to play on your keyboard. They would see how much they needed for month to keep up the fb version and after they reached the limit would be another month that we ppl could enjoy the game. I refuse to change to mobile to play this. And many do too -.-
  • Rebecca BppRebecca Bpp Registered Users 1 Posts
    i know quite a few people that are upset about Racing Rivals leaving....i think its a big shame. We all love this game, and there is no way we could play on a cell phone, for one thing, we can't see it. it took me a real long time to be able to play on the pc keyboard.....i am past level 100 and just got it where i could manuever it, and get the reaction time low, and now its going to mobile!! .How sad!! lol...there is know way i could play on a cell.
  • Push it to the limitPush it to the limit Registered Users 329 Posts
    So you all complaining about pc getting shut down down have a phone? Either a android or Apple?? I find that hard to believe. And the replies about its too hard to play on a phone phone is too small I can't see ect is ridiculous. I have gorilla hands and played no problem and could see no problem for a long time on my iPhone 5s. Now getting a 6 plus it's obviously better and was never a problem on my 5. So try another excuse. And as far as the tie glitch on mobile devices right now I tried it. $100 race between my own 2 accounts. It does not work. When you open app back up says resolving last race and has a timer. Then it opens up and money is gone like you lost the race. So try again on that one too. Like it has been stated this game started on mobile so best thing ever is getting rid of pc. If you guys don't cheat then nothing to complain about using a mobile device. You guys can even sync your pc account to your mobile device. So again if your not cheating what's the problem?? I am sick and tired of getting tie glitched. If this started on pc then I can see you guys getting upset but it wasn't.
  • Millionaire MotorsMillionaire Motors Registered Users 514 Posts
    The thing is... the same things that are going on with Facebook is the same thing going on with both Android and Apple.
    All 3 are simple fixes that in your post, you said yall just changed a month ago and needs to be changed back like it was and there wont be any way at all to cheat.
    I think the community would rather have a cheat free game than to put up with the tie glitching on all platforms.
    Doesn't matter if a lot of people email in about being disconnected trying to get their car replaced.
    Either way Facebook or not, it still has to be fixed on android and apple.

Also IF it takes a lot more resources to update Facebook then just leave it unupdated until major fixes are released.
    I could care less if I had to use my mobile to buy the on sale cars and stuff like that, but I refuse to race with a platform that is 10x more laggy on your Reaction Time.
  • Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    LOL, stop your crying.... you sound like a giant pussy.
  • DOMMC71DOMMC71 Registered Users 6 Posts
    If you own a pc and can't get a device to play or don't have one I find that hard to believe.....
    Theres 2 kinda Ppl in this thread as it was expected. Mobile Players. And Guys Who Never tryed to play on a pc. It doesnt matter how Big Are your Hands or if You dont have a cell. I have an iPhone 6 and an iPad both with the Game installed, and yet i wont play there. Reson? Two things i have to say. Shitty RT(might get a Few Perfect launches in each Event) and because i get used to play the Game on the Keyboard. You Ppl complaining about the fb Version of the Game just try to play on a Computer and youll know what i Mean.....
  • hexxum001hexxum001 Registered Users 3,954 Posts
    I gotta give credit where credit is due. I have been very critical of CIE/Glu for many of the decisions that they have made regarding this game in the past. But this is one that I will applaud. Maybe in the future, they can bring FB back but right now, it's a detriment to the game and it's about time that they recognized it. And yes, I have played on FB from my office when it's slow on my friend's account. It's very easy and smooth. But the problems that FB brought to the game FAR outweigh the benefits. So props to CIE/Glu for this decision. Even though I know it will probably cost you guys some money, it was the right thing to do until you can get it running right.
    And to all the people complaining, seriously, give me a break. I have primarily played RR on my iphone5 and never had much of a problem. And those saying they refuse to go out and buy a device . . . are you saying that you currently don't own a smartphone or a tablet?? 99.99999% of everyone has one or both now a days. And as far as having to "learn" to play on a phone or tablet . . . LOL! We aren't talking about rocket science here people. It won't be that hard to "learn." Sorry but that's just a lame excuse. If you like playing this game, you will adapt. If you are quitting . . . then don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out.
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    The pc version ruined this game. Players accounts hacked, cheats and glitches over and over again. Etc.. Its almost impossible to hack a server based game from a phone but not all that difficult from a PC. Eliminating pc users will clean up so many problems with this game. People are crying about reaction time this and racing that blah blah blah... PC users had an edge and now that edge is gone. Back to a level playing field for all and cry all you want, you will see a difference in the game and how a lot of bugs and glitches, cheats and hacks will be gone.. It's a mobile game and should have always stayed that way
  • outlaw905outlaw905 Registered Users 513 Posts
    people think just because pc user wont be able to play anymore that would be the end of most cheats/hacks but fail to realize what programmers can do just because its harder to hack on phone isn't going to stop people from trying
  • DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    Boy I can sure tell how much Glu is now focusing on the mobile version. Since I can't play on my Iphone right now, and they are telling us to go play on FB. Funny that playing on FB is the ONLY half way reliable way to play. The Game crashes all the time on my phone and the lag is horrible.
  • hexxum001hexxum001 Registered Users 3,954 Posts
    outlaw905 wrote: »
    people think just because pc user wont be able to play anymore that would be the end of most cheats/hacks but fail to realize what programmers can do just because its harder to hack on phone isn't going to stop people from trying
    No one thinks that. There were hacks and cheats before FB and I'm sure someone will figure out a hack/cheat after FB is gone. The problem is that the hacks/cheats were a LOT worse due to FB. Do you realize that some people had their entire garage's full of rare turf cars hacked/stolen because of FB? And because CIE/Glu wouldn't acknowledge that the problem was directly related to their FB app, there was nothing that could be done for those players. Hundreds and maybe even thousands of dollars worth of garages stolen because of FB. That alone was a good enough reason to shut down the FB app. Hopefully in the future they can fix it and bring FB back. But for now, it's the right thing to do.
  • WadeDiazWadeDiaz Registered Users 100 Posts
    hexxum001 wrote: »
    No one thinks that. There were hacks and cheats before FB and I'm sure someone will figure out a hack/cheat after FB is gone. The problem is that the hacks/cheats were a LOT worse due to FB. Do you realize that some people had their entire garage's full of rare turf cars hacked/stolen because of FB? And because CIE/Glu wouldn't acknowledge that the problem was directly related to their FB app, there was nothing that could be done for those players. Hundreds and maybe even thousands of dollars worth of garages stolen because of FB. That alone was a good enough reason to shut down the FB app. Hopefully in the future they can fix it and bring FB back. But for now, it's the right thing to do.

I agree. 10 characters
  • JawsJaws Registered Users 3,701 Posts
    honestly it is a good decision sadly some people will miss out on amazing prices but it is the best move and decision. I see both sides but sways more towards to taking it down. Maybe they will fix the forum next bahahaha when pigs fly. Disgrace
  • LouieRuLouieRu Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hello i help, my racing rivals account keeps saying user data failure how can i fix that? im not getting a response from glu or anything its been like this for like about a week and a half
  • trinidudetrinidude Registered Users 53 Posts
    Can I use 2 accounts on 1 mobile devise? If I have the game on my device linked to one of the facebook accounts, can i log out of the game and the facebook account, then re-log on to the other facebook account, will I be able to play that account on the same device?
    "Maestro Speedy commented
    [COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]04-02-2015, 04:41[/COLOR]

For all crying FB users I am sure they are complaining because they can cheat anymore, their excuse is that they can't play on a mobile device because is hard and blah blah blah wa wa wa wa,
    If they were legit players they won't be crying. everybody can learn to play anything anywhere y use both Facebook on my pc and my cell phone, and I am good on both, so the only thing I can said to all that crying babies is DEAL WITH IT AND MOVE ON!! let legit players have fun."

Maestro, not all of us PC users cheat or hack, I never even lobbyjumped (piggybacked) The problem is according to GLU, was it took too much resources. My translation is, they just wanted to go back to blaming your equipment. I'm a more legit player than you probably are, I walk into a lobby with a legit car and race as i see fit. Not use someone to jump in with a maxxed car just to steal someone else's work.

That said, i borrowed a tablet from my sister and have been trying to adapt. So far i'm not impressed, the lag between my command and the actual action is atrocious, During the showdown i kept getting time outs and not even connecting. With my computer those were rare, and the lag on commands never happened. If this was how the game played when i started, i'd have never got this far.

To be honest, you can't even provide a True realtime game for mobile (Lagging). It doesn't surprise me, you can't handle a competent game engine on PC. I'm giving it one week, if i can't adapt or find a better option. You will lose one very loyal PC user, because you couldn't handle it. Sorry but this game is not worth it, if not playable. Right now i'm just a collector, that's neither fun or satisfying

Quote from Brken123
    "When I bought my tablet, I tried this game on several at the store. The one I bought was the ONLY one that ran it smoothly"

RYYST, I quoted Brken123's comment on my last post, to show you how far from a mobile app this is. He only found one tablet (brand probably) that could run this game smoothly. It probably had a 2+gig ram, My sisters tablet, a verizion tablet, not sure of brand, has a 1 gig ram and the game is barely playable.

My proof that this game is ram intense, I have two computers. Both are older but still decent, on most games and basic computing. I don't play WoW or WoT but i play a lot of flash games so know their capabilities. My desktop is a vista setup, yes about 6 years or so old. 2.18 gig processor with a 1 gig ram, Told you it was old. my current preferred computer is a Toshiba laptop with a 1 gig processor with a 3-4 gig ram.

The desktop, with near similar ram specs, to my sisters tablet, has the exact lag and glitch prone behavior.

The laptop however has never lagged though i have had the glitched start in a race pretty often. I attributed that to high traffic and cross platform play.

This game should be on a PC platform. It is the only medium that has the memory and ram, to sufficiently run without problems.

I can almost guarantee you, within the next couple updates, You won't have a mobile platform. Because the game will be too big to DL proper, on any phone or tablet. You are already, out growing the I pod guys. There is a thread, where an I pod guy can't DL the game anymore. So not only are you burning the PC bridge, as we speak. But very slowly, you will lose the majority of your player base to a compound implosion of the game. Who will play when no one can DL it? If you want the game to yourselves, then play on.

I'm not asking you to take it off the phones, just asking for the same thing they got. A partial DL setup would run even better than a FB app and be much more secure against hackers. You can compare, the changes in info more closely and stop the hackers better, than the FB setup. This game has less than 6 months left on mobile, unless you streamline the bandwidth. Much as i hate talking when i know i'll be ignored, i'm just trying to help. I'm no expert and i see the problems coming, like a tidal wave
  • DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    Well at least you got to race for 5hrs. 4 races in 1hr is all I cold manage due to the game crashing as if the lag isn't bad enough. I too picked up a tablet mostly to play this game on. Did a little research on which one to get. Well it turns out my particular kindle isn't supported. Which was great to find out after I had bought it. To bad no one bothers to list devices that aren't supported.
    That 70 points in 5 hours was from two races, one for 40 points the other 35 points. The rest of the time, the game either crashed, timed out before connecting or timed our at the start. With all due honesty, if the game ran this bad on PC, BTW same wifi connection as the PC, I'd have never kept the app on FB. I intend to continue playing and treat this as a free PVE (Player Vs AI) game. I have met good people, none game affiliate, but great people in the game and will continue just to talk with them and have a good time. In other words i'll play the bots, maybe a showdown or two, if they even work anymore. But i refuse to spend money because i can't play the players as before. I kept this game in my Battle Pirates folder, as it was a PVP game. But will be moved to my Candy Crush folder, as it is no longer, For me at least, a PVP game now. It's more like a puzzle game that is just OK to blow time on. It is no longer worth wasting money on

You reap what you sow GLU, I'll be around to watch this game fall, you can count on that, You want to stop me from playing, Make it a suscription service.

BTW, you want to know, the possible impact of this. I got a friend, Fireman5407, heavy coiner bought enough Crates to have 1200 free boosts. He was a PC player and thinking of folding his top 100 team and walking away, he also tried a tablet and a smart phone, said both lagged so bad he couldn't play, So you probably lost a whale, By other posts here you lost former mobile users, that refuse to go back. You definitely lost my 25 a week (roughly) as you can't handle a decent game engine on PC, much less make a true real time mobile game. Just wanted to give you an example, of a whale you probably just lost. The guy left the boost on whether he bought them or not, so your only screwing your selves