Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Tuned Cars 1674 in 1650 lobby issue

EnyaliusEnyalius Registered Users 5 Posts
When will you take care of this issue, I find it very disappointing that people who has 1674 tuned cars can join a lobby of 1650 tuned cars, is it fair?, how many people have lost RRC or cars due to people max tuning a car then joining a lower lobby for easy wins.

In my opinion this is no different than scammers, hackers and cheats, they are abusing a bug within the game to cheat others, and its a shame RR has done nothing to stop this yet and there are so many things you can do.

1) Cars are down graded with random tunes in order to meet that lobby room, this will easily stop the issue as no one wants random tunes that might be worst for the car.
2) For every 5 points above the room they have 0.75 second added on to their race time, so a 1674 tuned car will have 3.6 seconds added on to his time.
3) They have to pay the person they are racing 5,000 RRC just to race as they will clearly win anyway, this will also help newer people upgrade and move RRC around a lot better.

These three options are just many that can be used in order to stop people from abusing a bug in the programming, HOW is this a bug you ask, well simple in order for a 1674 car to join a 1650 lobby he has to ask a friend to join that lobby on a 1650 car then he join his friend on his 1674 tuned car, then his friend leaves. if this is not abusing a flaw in the system a bug then any abuse in forms of hacks that makes your car go faster or shift or whatever the hacks do in order to win shouldn't be banned.

WHY do you ban hackers, simply to keep the game fair and fun for all, yet you fail the whole world when you let bug abuses who cheat the system to join a 1650 lobby with a 1674 tuned car.

Comments

• Options
    xhmyxhmy Registered Users 2 Posts
    or you could just not race them?
  • Options
    majinbuumajinbuu Registered Users 21 Posts
    lol get a faster car
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    Enyalius wrote: »
    When will you take care of this issue, I find it very disappointing that people who has 1674 tuned cars can join a lobby of 1650 tuned cars, is it fair?, how many people have lost RRC or cars due to people max tuning a car then joining a lower lobby for easy wins.

In my opinion this is no different than scammers, hackers and cheats, they are abusing a bug within the game to cheat others, and its a shame RR has done nothing to stop this yet and there are so many things you can do.

1) Cars are down graded with random tunes in order to meet that lobby room, this will easily stop the issue as no one wants random tunes that might be worst for the car.
    2) For every 5 points above the room they have 0.75 second added on to their race time, so a 1674 tuned car will have 3.6 seconds added on to his time.
    3) They have to pay the person they are racing 5,000 RRC just to race as they will clearly win anyway, this will also help newer people upgrade and move RRC around a lot better.

These three options are just many that can be used in order to stop people from abusing a bug in the programming, HOW is this a bug you ask, well simple in order for a 1674 car to join a 1650 lobby he has to ask a friend to join that lobby on a 1650 car then he join his friend on his 1674 tuned car, then his friend leaves. if this is not abusing a flaw in the system a bug then any abuse in forms of hacks that makes your car go faster or shift or whatever the hacks do in order to win shouldn't be banned.

WHY do you ban hackers, simply to keep the game fair and fun for all, yet you fail the whole world when you let bug abuses who cheat the system to join a 1650 lobby with a 1674 tuned car.
    I call them piggybackers, they are weak pathetic players. They need a piggyback ride into the lobby, to prey on lower power cars. Due to the fact they are too weak to play in the max lobby, and need a rind in, I call them piggybackers.

There is a couple things you can do when they are around, that us usually all the time.

#1, Do not pink or money bet, in the public lobby. CIE/GLU are not worried about account security, why would they worry about a weak player being a bully? Save the pink money bets for turfs and showdowns
    #2, Don't challenge anyone, in the public lobby. I race the bots to keep sharp and do my sponsor thing. Not challenging anyone, makes them play your game. In my case they get a lot of street cred (i have over 70K) and their name car and rating put on the chat. They want to waste my time, with weak crap game play, i'll ruin their hunting activities.

I started a thread in december about this, the response from Ryyst himself was, "This is an intended feature, of the friend feature. As with real life you never know what your opponent has.
    In other words "it's working as intended". This feature makes CIE/GLU lots of money from scammers and piggybackers, Why would they stop it?
  • Options
    xhmy wrote: »
    or you could just not race them?

How am I meant to know what thier rating is when i join a lobby and someone challenge me?, there is nothing to tell me the rating of the car they are using, it there was i wouldn't have raced them.
    majinbuu wrote: »
    lol get a faster car

Why would I need a faster car in a 1640 lobby, i have a 1640 car, i could have joined on my 1682 car but that would just make me as much of a scum bag as him, why would i want that?
  • Options
    DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    Simple don't bet if your not turfing. Its not that big a deal. I call them out so everyone know or sometime I teach them a lesson.
  • Options
    StizzanatorStizzanator Registered Users 2 Posts
    I was wondering how this happens. They should either get a time penalty as described above, or better yet, just keep actual tune limits on the lobbies. If someone wants to join their friend, then they need town cars at the same level.
  • Options
    I was wondering how this happens. They should either get a time penalty as described above, or better yet, just keep actual tune limits on the lobbies. If someone wants to join their friend, then they need town cars at the same level.
    look next to the team icon in your option menu( top right of the game screen) you will find a friends icon, click it. There you will find a list of possibly friends, but more likely, People that attach to your honest account. They then can use the join friend feature to join you and prey on unsuspecting legit lobby racers. I clean mine 4-5 times a day, of those i know are not my friends. Those that attach and i know are, are piggybacking, get ignored, permanently.

CIE/GLU will not do anything, because they don't believe there is a problem. People spend money and get the car stolen, Where's the problem? Gem the car back or walk away, your only two options in their mind of thought
  • Options
    StizzanatorStizzanator Registered Users 2 Posts
    Thanks for the tip on deleting "friends" - I just started posting the cheaters in the race lobbies, I know I look like a 10 year old snitch, but I consider it a public service announcement.
  • Options
    Brken123 wrote: »
    Since no one has mentioned this, I'll throw it out there. Garages are not hidden, and you can easily view a person's garage by simply tapping on their avatar in the bottom menu, and then tapping on their avatar again when you are looking at their car. Simply pan through the garage and look at the car they are using. If your car has something like 400tq and weighs 3500 lbs, and their car has 900 tq and weights 2300 lbs, it's obvious you have no chance if you race them. So, if they challenge you, chicken out. Is it a pain in the *** to have to look at people's cars / garages all the time? Absolutely....but that's the name of the game.

Just like in real life...would you go to the drag strip and base your opinion of someone's car solely on the way it looks? Hell no. You'd walk up and ask what size motor, etc. You'd be, get this, doing your homework about your opponent. Same thing applies to this game. Disclaimer states you never know what's under your opponents hood. Truer words have not been spoken.

Now, if they ever restrict it so that you can't see a person's garage, then this becomes and entirely different situation. Point is, the info is there for you to be able to make an educated guess about your opponent. If you fail to read and then utilize that information, how is that the other person's fault?

I'm not getting into the ethics / morals debate. I agree that it's mean for someone with a maxed R class to join an entry level D class lobby and clean house. But, by the same token, if the D class wants to climb into the ring and go a round with the big boy, he/ she shouldn't complain when they get smacked upside their naive head.

OK I have ten P1's all tuned to different rating, all painted the same, all look the same, will you know what car i am using at that time?

plus why should i have to go though all that hassle, i joined a 1640 lobby i should race a 1640 person.
  • Options
    TWIGGY15TWIGGY15 Registered Users 28 Posts
    I think it's good how after a race it shows what the opponents power rating is. If you challenge a car that is not the same class as yours and they pink immediately, then you know chances are they hijacked/piggybacked their way into that room. Be smart about who you race for pinks, watch replays of the races and take note of their times. When u challenge them, look at their rating and see if they are sandbagging. Look in their garage and see how many cars they have compared to their street credit. If they have 2,000 street points and 50 cars in their garage, chances are its a dodgy 2nd account they are using to scam people. Don't just pink them first race only to find they annihilated you by 3seconds and complain about it. Their are tools in the game like I mentioned to help make a decision on what bets you place on races. Like with many forms of racing, it's not just shear speed that wins, its strategy and brains.
  • Options
    TWIGGY15TWIGGY15 Registered Users 28 Posts
    Another thing. I brought this up a long time ago as a meaning to reduce the numbers of high rating cars. I think they need to make it that when you race someone, it refreshes the room you are in. If you hijack your way into a 1650 lobby with a 1675 car, then click the refresh button that finds another track, you get thrown into the room you are SUPPOSED to be in. Why can't they make it so that every time you race, it refreshes, finds and puts you in the right room. It will NOT eliminate this problem altogether, but make it more of a hassle to do so. They would have to keep joining their friend or a random players. By the time they do it's many times, players would be aware that a certain person is friending and hijacking their way in. But like someone mentioned before, the devs need these scammers/hustlers to make their money. Just have a look at the buy back price on a lost car. 5000 gems for a maxxed d class car...wtf? Would cost you $200 or more to get that sh!t car back. If that's not an obvious money grab, then I'll be buggered. btw, guessing the price of gems as I've never bought them and never will. Not paying a single cent to these crooks that run this game.
  • Options
    TWIGGY15 wrote: »
    Another thing. I brought this up a long time ago as a meaning to reduce the numbers of high rating cars. I think they need to make it that when you race someone, it refreshes the room you are in. If you hijack your way into a 1650 lobby with a 1675 car, then click the refresh button that finds another track, you get thrown into the room you are SUPPOSED to be in. Why can't they make it so that every time you race, it refreshes, finds and puts you in the right room. It will NOT eliminate this problem altogether, but make it more of a hassle to do so. They would have to keep joining their friend or a random players. By the time they do it's many times, players would be aware that a certain person is friending and hijacking their way in. But like someone mentioned before, the devs need these scammers/hustlers to make their money. Just have a look at the buy back price on a lost car. 5000 gems for a maxxed d class car...wtf? Would cost you $200 or more to get that ***** car back. If that's not an obvious money grab, then I'll be buggered. btw, guessing the price of gems as I've never bought them and never will. Not paying a single cent to these crooks that run this game.

I just checked, 5200 gems is 99.99 U.S currency.

As i said, i post rating name and car in the chat, they want to waste my time i'll F up their racing activitie. I don't feel like a snitch, I'm exposing weak pathetic playstyle. perpetuated by Glu's greed and lack of caring for new growing players. Why can't I choose who friends me or not? Because the join feature will not be "working as intended" and lining Glu's pockets with cash, gems or anything else. Implementing that would blow a huge hole in Glu's profits, therefore, I will never have control over who friends me

If they wanted the game to grow, they'd have implemented a staggered start based off the ratings of the cars. In the turf lobby's there is roughly .5 second between lobby's. if there was a .5 second per lobby difference (say 1630 vs 1645 = 1.5 second delay to the 45 lobby car), there would be less instances of scammers. Racing and skills, not weak game play would rule.

All those trolling this thread are the piggybackers, wanting you to give up on this thinking and just get raped and enjoy it.

In my experience, i learned early the PVP (player Vs Player) aspect of this game is better played in the turf or showdown lobby's, not in the public lobby's where weak prey on the unknowing and new players. I stick to bots, for this very reason
  • Options
    DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    Damn cay babies..... Ive lost one car to a lobby jumper. It was a Dodge charger before I had even finished the campaign. Guess what I ain't lost a car I care about since, because I use my brain.

Lol staggered starts you just stick to the bots a skirt probable fits you better anyways.
  • Options
    No crying here, If you were man enough to walk in without the piggyback ride, I have no trouble racing you. So long as you choose your path, i'll be blocking it. You are the one, with your titiies twisted here, not me. Notice i didn't say undies in a wad, You'e probably still wearing diapers, need a binky? How about a blankey?
  • Options
    215 Assassin215 Assassin Registered Users 966 Posts
    That's the chance you take you can't win every race. All the cars in that room won't be able to beat you but a 1659 car in a 1645 room should win all the time and that's why people have an issue with it. Btw most lobby jumpers aren't detuning their cars.
  • Options
    Brken123 wrote: »
    I'll throw this out there just to see what responses I get. I just maxed a 2015 Ford Mustang. Final rating? 1659. If I join a lobby with it, it'll be a 56-63 rated lobby. Meaning, more than likely, if I join a lobby, anyone I race will more than likely be higher rated than me and I won't stand a chance, even with boost and a perfect launch / shifts. Now, obviously the smart thing to do is to un-install parts and knock it down to a low 56, so that I can join a lobby with it and be a top dog. But, where is the incentive to max the car if, when it's maxed, it will be put in a lobby that it's not competitive in?

I don't advocate piggy backing, however, I'm sure players that put a lot of effort and time into maxing cars only to find out they are one of the weaker cars in the lobby....are pissed and join a lower lobby as a result.

Discuss.
    There is no point in maxxing cars out, unless you intend to piggyback. the point is to have both the top of your car and top of the lobby. It a weak pathetic playstyle, condoned by the Glu staff. I build my cars to the top of lobby's, because i want to race like cars, not race a bunch of wannabe's with overspec cars.

I quoted your post not to argue, but to say they know exactly what they are doing. This is not Pissed people, taking it out on an unsuspecting lobby. This is either a calculated attempt to pink people, or weak player's that can't win otherwise.

In my case i have over 160K in street cred, first race is always free, so is second and third. I don't pink or money bet, in the public lobby's. Because the odds are always stacked against the legit good players, and always in favor of the exploiters.I also post in chat, the name, car and rating of said piggybacker. Race me legit and win, cool congrats. Glu can say what they want, this is as bad a play style as glitch tieing, points swapping and cloners. It's just more accepted than the others, and will not be removed.

What i want, is to control who friends me and who i let friend me. That would Hurt Glu on profits though, so highly doubt that will happen.

Far as i'm concerned this is nothing but a bunch of Internet Dicks, those who are meek and mild in real life, living out their fantasy of being a bully. Nothing more, nothing less