Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Who wants to be a Forum Mod?

2Next

Comments

• nobrakes4menobrakes4me Registered Users 310 Posts
    Absolutely!
    IGN: nobrakes4me

I enjoy the knowledge and friendly banter that goes on here, while trying to keep it appropriate. I despise scammers. I am an active trader both buying and selling and know fair values for things. Despite recent negative game issues, I still believe there is a long future ahead for RRC and the community around it. I have multiple devices which span all OS's and have access and ability to be on the forums pretty much through out the day.

As much as we all would like to enlarge body parts, this is probably not the site for those types of messages and can help keep them clean from unwanted junk (not just those darn RX8s that you cant give away)

I have gotten into the game and understanding mechanics and how it functions, also have helped to share that info with others be it through tunes or just general lobby operations etc. I like seeing people do well and want to continue playing.
  • joedawnnjoedawnn Registered Users 1,216 Posts
    Ign: Rinky Dink
    I can read and write in English.
    I've actually been hoping to end up becoming a moderator for awhile now. I love helping communities grow and basically become better overall. I used to be an admin in my local BMW facebook group as well (1000+ members), so i also understand what it'd be like to be a forum mod. I have very good reasoning and people skills, and I try to look at things from both perspectives when people have problems, so I can then try to give them a positive solution and advice. I have no problems doing any of the things you said you're looking for in a mod, if needed i'll even do more. I enjoy this game and the community quite a bit, so what better way to enjoy it even more by actually helping moderate the forum side of it? I've worked multiple jobs in customer service so i'm very familiar with it, it's actually quite fun to me.
    Ps. I can make everyone cookies. ;-)
  • Mario ReyesMario Reyes Registered Users 721 Posts
    I would love to player mod I am well know and well respected on rr I'm sure a lot of people may vote for me to a player mod so please consider me IGN Mario Reyes
  • Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    I think RR Ryyst is mad at me. Well, seeing as my chance to become a mod is over...... The best of luck to all that remain.
  • cjsabocjsabo Registered Users 507 Posts
    I am interested in being a mod on the forums. My IGN is same cjsabo. I can read and write only English, but understand a little spanish and know how to use google translator. I am 30 years old, married for 10 years and have 2 kids. I am a full time EMT at several different stations. I am also in school full time working on my Bachelors in Public Health. I spend a ton of time of this game and in forums and have been around Nitto games for a really long time. I am pretty sure I downloaded Racing Rivals the first or second day it was released on Apple devices.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Just want to add. The job means you will advocate for both the players and for the Rivals staff.. including Customer Service.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    Just notice Ryyst and me joined at the same time..... see, I have been around for a while.
  • jonnyboy44jonnyboy44 Registered Users 492 Posts
    Ign Is Rican Kid , i could write/read in English and Spanish , i went from iphone to andriod rivals so i know a bit about the game
  • JamesGJamesG Registered Users 815 Posts
    Ahoy, Captain Ryyst! My racer name is JamesG. I am 20 years of age and reside in Melbourne, Australia. I have been playing CIE's games for a decade now. I'd like to be a Moderator here on Racing Rivals because of my dedication to CIE over these 10 years, I feel that I deserve something in return. And I enjoy helping people as you might have seen in a couple of posts this week. I can read and type in English, and Espanol (Spanish). I know I've been a bit of a troll here, but I can easily quit that, if necessary. Folk from my city have a pretty good record of being a Moderator on other CIE games. (Adele and Gemini to name a few) JamesG4Mod
  • nixes288nixes288 Registered Users 247 Posts
    Active on the forums
    yes Not a troll
    nope. A human helpful
    always generally positive
    most of the time adheres to forum rules
    some rules where made to b broken :). ;) really knows the game
  • protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts
    Hi Rysst, we discussed this on Twitter already. I would like to be a moderator. I was a moderator for www.gametalk.com in the Zelda LTTP and Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance forums. I played Nitto for like 12 years. I have always gone by protectmeaura. I majored in Computer Science. I am an admin candidate. I have a lot of posts and try to help out whenever I can. Most importantly I'm 25(26 tomorrow), mature, smart, and will be on here whenever I can. I will rarely use my tools and try to warn people because I remember what these forums were like before there were mods and they were fine. Rysst I am a wonderful candidate I may be working at CIE with you in the future personally and I would like you to please award me the job immediately. I will not be on here 24/7 so don't expect me to be, I have work, and other real world stuff to deal with, but I'm the best candidate for this position and I really want to show you guys I will be a good administrator in the future.

BG

One of the best players of Nitto 1320 Challenge original Nitto Legend

#13/5,000,000+ Royal Purple Rumble finalist

Top 100/5,000,000+ Scion TRD tournament

Former Nitto 1320 Legends Journalist, best there ever was

I will be introducing myself to the players.

My moderator philosophy: Be on the players side and don't use your tools too much, try to talk it out with them and win their hearts and minds. Be active in the discussion.

I will never edit user posts. I will sometimes delete. I will probably let some things slide. For serious problems I will temporarily ban without question with an extensive reason. My bans will never be permanent and the temporary bans will be for a few hours, max one day, for serious situations one week.

WHAT I WANT YOU TO KNOW

I am volunteering my time, I have a girlfriend in England, I have a job, I am independent, I am not paid that much money, and YOU(CIE) are(I'm assuming) paying me $0.00 for this job. With emphasis on that last part, I am 100% volunteer so I cannot work magic but I will always operate in the highest code of conduct and never violate you guys.

I have everyday access to a PC.

Since I believe I am a prime candidate I will now go to the forum and introduce myself because this is an extremely high volume forum and I've had a few things I wanted to say about what to expect from me.
  • ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    I PM'd you before about it. I know we've had a rocky history, but I explained to Foxx and Lutz the real story behind everything. If you want proof that I am a positive contributor to this forum then:
    http://racingrivalsforum.ciegames.co...r-fix-the-game

and http://racingrivalsforum.ciegames.co...-going-fast-er

The first topic is a bit of a joke topic, but it's topics like those that help take the heat off of the development team when/if something goes wrong. So I can be positive and help smooth over problems associated with the game.

My guide has probably helped thousands of players get better at the game. My real life car experience and knowledge of the game would also prove as an asset to the mod team. I am also very active on the forum and log in 5-7 days per week.

It also helps that I am generally a well liked and respected member of this forum, on the game, on facebook, pretty much everywhere that has to do with Racing Rivals. I'd venture to say I hope I am in the top half of your picks.

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Thank you all for your submissions, Barring any incidents, I should be choosing our new MODs by the end of the week
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

This discussion has been closed.