Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

rediculous

Mike wisemanMike wiseman Registered Users 33 Posts
Your servers are always down in the middle of a weekend event. We better get something. I don't mean 20 measly gems. Every team should get an unwrapped bmw z3 gt2. That's the least you could do

Comments

• Options
    LaeddisLaeddis Registered Users 10 Posts
    Ya this is bs I was 78th place cant even turf wtf
  • Options
    smoke0674smoke0674 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Amen!!!!! We should get a RACE edition car for our possible loss and defefinately not 20 gems
  • Options
    DvanvughtDvanvught Registered Users 38 Posts
    Nooooo I think we should get a rotana or Pandora!
  • Options
    john_wjohn_w Registered Users 84 Posts
    I agree with you there. Gems are good for minor maintenance shutdowns but always happens during turf and that will not make up for points we lose during these "inconveniences" during events.
  • Options
    deboeldurodeboelduro Registered Users 1,632 Posts
    is official the server has been down for over 9+hrs . every team and player turfing should be awarded a car plus gems minimum for this mess we are spending real money on this game and
    bringing back the sever alone is just not enough they better make it right and some gems is just not gonna cut it
  • Options
    thankyou punkthankyou punk Registered Users 1 Posts
    I love the game.. but it seems they F up when a really good turf war is going on.... we wasn't 78.. but we was finally About to break into the top 100! So now what?
  • Options
    Lazyboy CTLazyboy CT Registered Users 27 Posts
    If they were still CIE then we would have gotten a car or a decent rewards for a incident like this, but GLU is the greedy party in all of this. For them 50gems would be suffice if not to much.
  • Options
    itstwanitstwan Registered Users 28 Posts
    It always happens it turf! It's line they put up a dale so ppl buy gems and spend them then the game is down for a whole even or more, then all you get is a " we are sorry for the inconvenience". It's bs we make them all the money and we get skrewed, but I guess it's like every other businesses in the country!
  • Options
    SayGOODKnightSayGOODKnight Registered Users 15 Posts
    I feel your pain guys! Don't want to be a complainer, but I've dropped a decent amount of $ in this game! Been trying to play since I woke up this morning, and still nothing... Frustrating
  • Options
    Racer KaiRacer Kai Registered Users 136 Posts
    I certainly don't think Glu does this on purpose like some people above are claiming. Also, keep in mind that when the "servers" are down, NO ONE can connect so it doesn't matter what place your team was in, no one is gaining an advantage on you. Wise up. We're all frustrated by this continual interruption in service. It certainly seems Glu has not invested in enough infrastructure to keep the game servers running reliably. I would also guess that the IT operations team responsible for fixing these outages are not happy either having to spend their weekends in a data center or remotely connected for hours, trying to restore service.

As for compensation, everyone wants more and more each time this happens. What no one considers is that gems are a source of income to Glu (and so is the race to win a turf car), and the more they give out, the less they earn. The less they earn, the more dire the situation becomes. Let me give you a simplified example. 5,200 gems cost $100. If they give out 20 gems to 50,000 players, that is 1,000,000 gems or a potential revenue loss of (1,000,000 / 5,200) * 100 = $192,000 US dollars. That's the equivalent of a full time developer taking into consideration their wages, taxes, health care coverage, and equipment needed to work. That could also pay for numerous additional game servers for a year to increase capacity. So you see, while we are frustrated and want to be compensated, that decision could impact the future development or stability of the game we love today. Those are the things the guys in suits at Glu have to consider.
  • Options
    Lanny58Lanny58 Registered Users 33 Posts
    I have been trying since 9:00am this F#@$%& morning!!! i have only been on for a few minutes!!!! My team has probably kicked me.... THIS WAS OLD WITH THIS GAME ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO!!! I HAVE SPENT HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON THIS GAME!!!!! YOUR CUSTOMERS DESERVE A SERIOUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE!!!
  • Options
    sultanmasultanma Registered Users 107 Posts
    about compensation i agree with that and totally agree that glu need a better software this game is awesome just needs better treat and cheaper prices

i remember a certain game which was famous worldwide and it had problems with the software now its still tgere and atill topping the mmorpg id say give it a time for customers and reduce prices for glu please until u guys create better softwear

why isnt there a monthly subscription for gems that we can have endless gems for a month just for 500$
  • Options
    Slickmick9514Slickmick9514 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I agree with the above and still having a problem joining "friends"? Sometimes I can, but most times I can't. With all these issues it really is deterring me from spending anymore money on this game.
  • Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    In case anyone here has not logged in recently or seen the posts, 200 gems were given to everyone with an active account yesterday. As far as the game being down. This is absolutely not done on purpose. Our server guys went without sleep trying to get things back up and running.