Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

the game drain the memory in IOS devices

M4k=0M4k=0 Registered Users 2 Posts
this game after the last update (the color lights) has an extreme issue when is installed the space in memory (with my account and cars) is 800 MB so, but after a couple of hours the game uses 3 GB or more and all the RAM of my device (IPod touch 5th gen, IOS 8.3), í can´t use my device and make the other apps imposible to be used, please fix this issue, I had to uninstall the game cause make mad my device, I really like this game but is impossible to support it

Comments

• Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    The game is currently a rather large game. We are looking at ways to optimize but as requests for more cars and features are granted the game will go in size. In some cases certain devices may eventually simply not have the memory to play the game.
  • Options
    HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    Well. The memory flooding issues startet when you decided to make eveything serversided. I believe it startet when v1.6.0 came out.

Saying the game is big, is just a poor excuse for poor programing skills. There are many games that are bigger, which runs much smoother.
    Even on an iphone6, i can get crashes when simply chatting/racing friends that has many cars. And many is plus 500, some plus 1400.

as allways you guys are to focused closing exploits, rather than fix and make this game playable. Closing down fb pkay, must have caused you headache. How come you actully did that? Where you hacked, or did you guys find a major exploit, that wasent taken advantage of yet, but was a threat tomthe game? Knowing your companys greed, i dont believe a word of ryysts excuse for ahutting it down.

Of course, we will never hear the truth:), but one thing is clear. You greedy sobs wont turn down a profit, unless there is a serious reason for it.

Start cracking you lazy bums, and try for one time to make this shyt better.

regards jesper, ign howisthat

edit. Hell. Now the damn game wont even load. Lmao

I seriously hope, that there somewhere in GLU are a boss with some power and ballls, that one day gonna sack the freakj g ignorants that write code in this game, the guys that does maintain, and makes this shyt run, should have a kick as well
  • Options
    [RR] PhoenixX[RR] PhoenixX Moderators 1,575 Posts
    We had a few major technical difficulties this past weekend and our team here worked around the clock to get it fixed. All users were affected by this. We will be providing players with compensation for the substantial amount of downtime. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.