Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Anyone else?

Decay™Decay™ Registered Users 46 Posts
Anyone else laugh at the people who take high rated cars into low rated tracks just so they won't lose a race? It's funny when you challenge them with an equal car and the make excuses to why they can't race you but can race everyone else

Comments

• Hairy Moose KnucklesHairy Moose Knuckles Registered Users 109 Posts
    I didn't even know u could do that. I just hit race and it throws me in a room
  • Decay™Decay™ Registered Users 46 Posts
    They add friends that have weaker cars and then join the rooms with their higher power cars
  • Josh3235Josh3235 Registered Users 122 Posts
    It pisses me off when people do that. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY'RE DOING PINKS. they really think people are going to accept it. When I see those people in a lobby, I start making fun of them then they leave after a while cause they got caught in a low ranked lobbies and feel stupid.
    Usually when I do that, they chicken out lol
  • Hairy Moose KnucklesHairy Moose Knuckles Registered Users 109 Posts
    Oh I didn't think about them joining rooms that way. I don't do pinks.
    Got myself a viper from some loser that had 1661 viper gts in a mid 1640 lobby. I listened to Kenny and grabbed my 1662 NSX with boost and the guy challenged me pinks soooo fast, he thought he was about to win. Lmao. He asked to me to give it back to him after. He deserved losing it.
  • jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    I have to admit I go into weaker rooms but not with a rediculously higher car at most I'm 10 above the weakest in the room but I do not race anyone unless they race me... I more go into the room just to talk story and help people by giving advice for their cars without getting bugged by others for pinks and money races and everything else. At least when someone races me they are well aware of my credentials. However I do not race anyone for pinks unless they are harrassing me. I don't cause trouble and play fair. I have beaten the game and because of hackers and scammers I love to help others ENJOY the game without being messed with, and have the game be more social for me. I also look out for the lower guys if anyone who's way higher enters the room I'll come back like kenny and kill em in pinks. Does that make me one of the bad guys for doing that? If so I will stop cause my intentions are not to scam
    jjbinx808 wrote: »
    I have to admit I go into weaker rooms but not with a rediculously higher car at most I'm 10 above the weakest in the room but I do not race anyone unless they race me... I more go into the room just to talk story and help people by giving advice for their cars without getting bugged by others for pinks and money races and everything else. At least when someone races me they are well aware of my credentials. However I do not race anyone for pinks unless they are harrassing me. I don't cause trouble and play fair. I have beaten the game and because of hackers and scammers I love to help others ENJOY the game without being messed with, and have the game be more social for me. I also look out for the lower guys if anyone who's way higher enters the room I'll come back like kenny and kill em in pinks. Does that make me one of the bad guys for doing that? If so I will stop cause my intentions are not to scam
    You're doing the right thing. If you don't teach those people a lesson, they will continue to challenge pinks on noobs that are unaware of their high ranked car. So it's better to take one of theirs to make them stop, you'll be saving a lot of people their cars. The guy I did that to earlier, I added him and told him why I did what I did. He then admitted to me that he was taking pinks from noobs.
    haha alright thanks kenny and josh for the support. When I first started there weren't really any hackers (or at least I didn't run into them) and now that there are its tough to trust or even want to play but I know that I should play cause there are others out there that are just starting out that could love the game but dont get the chance to. I notice most noobs are running in rooms their current car that they are trying to save up money to build up to finish campaign. If someone scams them for that car they are most likely gonna quit. I love and enjoy this game. Best racing game out there I truly believe and I want others to enjoy it just as much as me. Thats why I started my team and thats why I play. I don't want anyone to feel that they got no friends they can trust or that they got scammed and therefore dont like the game and quit. To be honest... I say bring on the scammers! MORE CARS FOR ME!!!!! ;) lol
    You're doing it for good reasons. I try to do the same as y'all but they're usually gone by the time I can re enter the room with a higher rated car. They never want to race though if I am able to get back in time
    lol anyone want a car im in a room right now just piled high with straight scammers.
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Are you sure it was beastbec1? I ask cause that's a friend of mines (in the game)[bigal'sbaseballs] sister.. And I know for a fact that he doesn't cheat or hack at all..
    Ya pretty sure. Right after they were like thats a little trick I found out. Idk maybe not there was a mazda furai thats why and it ran one race (which was against her) and the rating was way higher than hers and I just happened to see the replay. Only other thing I can think of was that there could be a space between the name and the one. If not a hacker they are a scammer for sure. Better check with your friend and make sure.
  • Jack SparrowJack Sparrow Registered Users 25 Posts
    I'm still new to All this...what is stealth car mean and also I have a low rated car and I get thrown in a room with all rami and vipers I just exit ASAP lol... I need to learn more a about room ratings and car rating can you point me to some good articles on that... Thanks ....
    That makes perfect sense. Wait but can't they see your rating on that stealth car???
  • mCr08mCr08 Registered Users 128 Posts
    Hello guys! :) nice thread. Ive been a victim of this when i first started this game. :( i was playing one time when someone raced with me. At first i win to him for a few times. He made me feel he is easy to beat. For the 7th time he challenged me in pinks. Knowing i just had my boost and the time between us are far, i accepted it. So when we raced its totally different. He's car became so fast. I was stunned because he was like flying. After tha incident i did not do pinks anymore. Be careful guys.
  • AYRacingAYRacing Registered Users 64 Posts
    How are the rooms rated?
  • Speedy Gonzales 03Speedy Gonzales 03 Registered Users 48 Posts
    I go into weaker rooms when my boys are pretty much getting attacked by ppl with better/faster cars. They all have their tails between their legs when you match up with their car... A bunch of p******
  • Spoiler Line 175Spoiler Line 175 Registered Users 82 Posts
    What are the bracketed rooms for if you can easily override them? Why bother. I've been pounded in this game because of it. I'm now 2 weeks in to this game and figured it out on my own how stronger cars were getting into the rooms I was always in. Seems to me the bracket numbers of each car should be clearly recognizable in the game. Boost too.
  • RawsRaws Registered Users 527 Posts
    i go in the lower rooms purposly to pink the guys trying to pink d class cars, won a few gtr and nsx doing that they always beg for it back
    I'm not too clear on the room ratings either. never do a pink unless you are clear on what your opponent is capable of and know what your consistent timing is on your car.... I never pink but that's what I would do if I pinked lol