Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

lobby hopper/fishing

CanineneoCanineneo Registered Users 82 Posts
I am sick of being in a lobby with a car I built specifically for that lobby. If GLU will not put an end to this or give us any way to help police this then we must do this on our own.

I am calling for all honest players to start calling out higher rated cars in lobbies if you see one or race one call out their user me and their car rating. Only do this if you have raced them and know their rating.

Do not call out a racer that you saw on the replay because some tunes are capable of being very incredible and kudos to those tuners they don't deserve to be called and fasly accused.

If you are a lobby hopper and you're mad too bad stop cheating.

Ign: STEWIEG

Comments

• Options
    MOTORHEAD71MOTORHEAD71 Registered Users 212 Posts
    Will that count for the guy who lobby hops to race the Bots/ CPU cars to just make his 50 max, but chickens out of live races? ;-)

There are times I don't want to bother with anyone; just make my money and be done.
    I don't want to change the World,
    I just want to leave it colder
  • Options
    CanineneoCanineneo Registered Users 82 Posts
    No because someone should race you first to confirm your rating before calling anyone out because that's not right. If you are running bots then you shouldn't be racing anyone
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    Canineneo wrote: »
    I am sick of being in a lobby with a car I built specifically for that lobby. If GLU will not put an end to this or give us any way to help police this then we must do this on our own.

I am calling for all honest players to start calling out higher rated cars in lobbies if you see one or race one call out their user me and their car rating. Only do this if you have raced them and know their rating.

Do not call out a racer that you saw on the replay because some tunes are capable of being very incredible and kudos to those tuners they don't deserve to be called and fasly accused.

If you are a lobby hopper and you're mad too bad stop cheating.

Ign: STEWIEG
    I already do this, Been doing this for a long time already. BTW Stweie, it's not cheating, It's part of GLU's money making scheme, stupid people will coin back a car, they know this, so they allow people to friend anyone and exploit the feature. I've been pushing them, to allow me to pick my friends. But apparently they don't want to lose money by allowing me to stop the frienemy thing

• Options
    bdevil15bdevil15 Registered Users 43 Posts
    I just cant see how this is considered cheating. If you race someone and immediately accept a pink or money race then you aren't doing due diligence. Don't race cars that you are not positive that they are in the right room. It really is that simple. If you want to call people out who are in the wrong room I have no problem with that but don't run around dragging their names through the mud just because you cant be bothered to do your homework.

I normally don't race outside of the correct room but once in a while I will piggyback my alt so I can beat up the lower bots for easy wins/cash without really concentrating while watching tv or whatever. But if someone challenges me I will race them once just so they don't keep challenging me in an almost empty room.

If you accept a pink challenge without knowing the other person is in the right room that's your fault and nobody elses.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    You never know whats under the hood. When you bet, you're taking the chance that you know whats under the hood of another car.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    KDAZKDAZ Registered Users 96 Posts
    Typical "it's the same for everyone" answer from the ones profiting...lol
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    Sevenhell wrote: »
    Personally I hope they don't change it. Not because I lobby hop but because it gives those of us that don't an advantage in turf and showdown. While they are used to having the upper hand; we have had more time to tune and get used to our cars. Just don't pink or race for money in regular rooms without knowing what a car is running.
    I found a known piggybacker in the turf once, I kept hitting and beating him till he messaged me. Asked why i kept hitting him, I replied that he kept pestering me the day before, even when i called him out in chat. I was simply giving him a taste of his own medicine, and blocking his points production. Needless to say, he never challenges me ever anymore