Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

How to identify lobby jumpers + Lobby ratings

RaeRae Registered Users 49 Posts
Okay so as of now (May 10 2015) the current update and hotfixes allow a player, to join lower lobbies using a certain button in a certain place. Glu knows what I'm talking about. In the near future, this may be fixed, bur for now lets lay out some techniques to identify "lobby jumpers" before they take your car and money.

#1: The main technique is to notice the chat.

If a dude is pinking alot of player cars and betting alot of money, he/she is either very ****y or a lobby jumper. 90 percent of the time, its a lobby jumper. Also the chat also contains messages from other players that can warn about a lobby jumper.

#2: Car Classes and stock ratings

Another way to identify a lobby jumper, is their car. If you have a decent knowledge of car classes and their basic stock rating, you can pick out which cars are lobby jumpers. I recommend a tour of the showroom to get familiar with stock ratings and their stock stats. Also check that Weight/Torque rating on a users profile. Remember different cars vary.

E.G. A Scion FRS-R spec in a 1645 lobby. The class this car is R class. R class car ratings start at 1651 or so. Hence, we have ruled out a player as a lobby jumper.

Here's a handy ESTIMATED list of class ratings from Stock to max

D class: 1583 to 1650
C class: 1605 to 1661
B class: 1610 to 1665
A class: 1620 to 1670
S class: 1635 to 1674
R R2 R3 X class: 1651 to 169x

EXCEPTIONS: BMW M6 cannot join the 1630 lobby, and Bently Continental Supersports cannot join the 1625 lobby (I checked, ty for the info crazyjr)

Remember this list is estimated.

#3: Spectator Replays

If you do not tap on a user and no one challenges you, you might get a spectator replay of a suspected lobby jumper. Although it is not completely reliable as times can be faked and you may not always get the replay you want, it works sometimes.

#5 Player behaviour

If a player immediately tries to bet you all-in or just jumps straight to pinks, lookout. He may be a lobby jumper. Lobby jumpers want their rating and time to be a suprise. If you really want to pink someone, then be very careful and do a test race with them, and if they refuse the test race 70 percent of the time its a lobby jumper. Also if they spam the chat saying "Pinks?" or "Slips anyone" then be very cautious about that certain player. A tehnique lobby jumpers use is to come with a appropiate vehicle for a lobby, say a 1630 Dodge Dart in a 1630 lobby. They race you and then pretend they suck at driving the 1630 vehicle. But then, they leave the lobby and come back with an identical vehicle, but with MORE upgrades and a higher rating. You pink the lobby jumper and suprise! you lost a car. You may tell me "Rae, how the fawke do I combat that?" Simple, if you see the dude leave the lobby and come back and challenge you, beware. He might of switched cars. Check his garage and see if he has two identical cars. Compare the Weight/Torque of both cars. If one has better Weight/Torque, then yes, he is indeed trying to scam you.

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOURE A VICTIM:

Not much, except help others out, and keep them from the same fate as you. Remember, if you type in chat, "Queen Shift 69 is a 1661 lobby jumper" or something like that about the player, it can save people from being scammed by that lobby jumper.

Remember play it safe and bear with Glu and they try to fix this issue.

Also a bonus: Lobby ratings

1620,1625,1630,1635,1640,1645,1650,1656,1663,1668, 1690+

A D class car with a 1650 rating can go as fast as a S class car with a 1650 rating. So class doesnt affect which lobby they put you in.

Remeber this thread can be useful for racer showdown lobbies and turf lobbies, because idk how, but I've seen lobby jumpers in both, too. I have no idea how they do it.

Any questions? Post below.

Comments

• merk210merk210 Registered Users 3,038 Posts
    Lobby ratings are 1650 1656 [1663 1668 1690] corrected. But yeah helpful stuff
  • brav0manbrav0man Registered Users 269 Posts
    Don't forget about people with double accounts
  • RaeRae Registered Users 49 Posts
    merk210 wrote: »
    Lobby ratings are 1650 1656 [1663 1668 1690] corrected. But yeah helpful stuff

thx bro, wasn't sure about the higher lobbies. Will edit.
    brav0man wrote: »
    Don't forget about people with double accounts
    True, I'll edit main post, thanks for the feedback.
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    The exception to your class to lobby ratings, the bently contennential (S class) is base rated at 1625. Whether it can run in a 25 lobby, i do not know. The BMW M6 (A class) is base rated at 1630, but can't race a 30 turf lobby
    crazyjr wrote: »
    The exception to your class to lobby ratings, the bently contennential (S class) is base rated at 1625. Whether it can run in a 25 lobby, i do not know. The BMW M6 (A class) is base rated at 1630, but can't race a 30 turf lobby

Sweet, thanks for the info. I'll slap on the M6 as a 1631, because I feel like its a 1630.9999 type of car.
    All i know is i bought one for a daily win grinder and a 30 lobby grinder, 11.92 capable out of the box, but when i went to grind the 30 lobby it threw me to the 35 lobby in turf. on the up side it does make a nice 35 car

BTW my term for lobby jumpers, is piggybackers. I chose this term for 2 reasons, #1 they don't walk in, they need a piggyback off the friend feature. #2 i wanted a cutesy name for it so they are looked down upon
  • brav0manbrav0man Registered Users 269 Posts
    I have also seen in a few instances when I use one of my turf cars, some people leave to get a maxed car then add me to rejoin and spam pinks against my turf car.
    Sevenhell wrote: »
    One thing I would add to this conversation is that after you have identified a lobby hopper. Instead of calling them out, you can add someone in the room and then join them with a maxed car. Then race the lobby hopper. 9 times out of 10 they will throw pinks automatically thinking you are just a noob. This way you can pay the lobby hoppers back with a little karma.

idk bruh

Fighting Lobby Jumpers with lobby jumping is like fighting fire with fire. Nobody wins. You also risk losing your car, just to teach someone a lesson? I dont know bro, I dont know... It just isn't right. Even if you get his car, he/she will be extra motivated to get revenge on lower lobbies, just today I met someone saying they were lobby jumping for revenge on Lobby Jumpers... tbh I think it's a dumb move.
  • brianv3nturabrianv3ntura Registered Users 174 Posts
    Also the pagani huarya r class and mclaren r3 class both are rated below 50 stock
  • brianv3nturabrianv3ntura Registered Users 174 Posts
    Also a 50 d class will never go as fast as a 50 s class. Only 50 focus can do low 9.7 while a benchmark 50 s class 5ime should always be 9.4
  • ROCKET 442ROCKET 442 Registered Users 67 Posts
    Rae wrote: »
    Okay so as of now (May 10 2015) the current update and hotfixes allow a player, to join lower lobbies using a certain button in a certain place. Glu knows what I'm talking about. In the near future, this may be fixed, bur for now lets lay out some techniques to identify "lobby jumpers" before they take your car and money.

#1: The main technique is to notice the chat.

If a dude is pinking alot of player cars and betting alot of money, he/she is either very ****y or a lobby jumper. 90 percent of the time, its a lobby jumper. Also the chat also contains messages from other players that can warn about a lobby jumper.

#2: Car Classes and stock ratings

Another way to identify a lobby jumper, is their car. If you have a decent knowledge of car classes and their basic stock rating, you can pick out which cars are lobby jumpers. I recommend a tour of the showroom to get familiar with stock ratings and their stock stats. Also check that Weight/Torque rating on a users profile. Remember different cars vary.

E.G. A Scion FRS-R spec in a 1645 lobby. The class this car is R class. R class car ratings start at 1651 or so. Hence, we have ruled out a player as a lobby jumper.

Here's a handy ESTIMATED list of class ratings from Stock to max

D class: 1583 to 1650
    C class: 1605 to 1661
    B class: 1610 to 1665
    A class: 1620 to 1670
    S class: 1635 to 1674
    R R2 R3 X class: 1651 to 169x

EXCEPTIONS: BMW M6 cannot join the 1630 lobby, and Bently Continental Supersports cannot join the 1625 lobby (I checked, ty for the info crazyjr)

Remember this list is estimated.

#3: Spectator Replays

If you do not tap on a user and no one challenges you, you might get a spectator replay of a suspected lobby jumper. Although it is not completely reliable as times can be faked and you may not always get the replay you want, it works sometimes.

#5 Player behaviour

If a player immediately tries to bet you all-in or just jumps straight to pinks, lookout. He may be a lobby jumper. Lobby jumpers want their rating and time to be a suprise. If you really want to pink someone, then be very careful and do a test race with them, and if they refuse the test race 70 percent of the time its a lobby jumper. Also if they spam the chat saying "Pinks?" or "Slips anyone" then be very cautious about that certain player. A tehnique lobby jumpers use is to come with a appropiate vehicle for a lobby, say a 1630 Dodge Dart in a 1630 lobby. They race you and then pretend they suck at driving the 1630 vehicle. But then, they leave the lobby and come back with an identical vehicle, but with MORE upgrades and a higher rating. You pink the lobby jumper and suprise! you lost a car. You may tell me "Rae, how the fawke do I combat that?" Simple, if you see the dude leave the lobby and come back and challenge you, beware. He might of switched cars. Check his garage and see if he has two identical cars. Compare the Weight/Torque of both cars. If one has better Weight/Torque, then yes, he is indeed trying to scam you.

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOURE A VICTIM:

Not much, except help others out, and keep them from the same fate as you. Remember, if you type in chat, "Queen Shift 69 is a 1661 lobby jumper" or something like that about the player, it can save people from being scammed by that lobby jumper.

Remember play it safe and bear with Glu and they try to fix this issue.

Also a bonus: Lobby ratings

1620,1625,1630,1635,1640,1645,1650,1656,1663,1668, 1690+

A D class car with a 1650 rating can go as fast as a S class car with a 1650 rating. So class doesnt affect which lobby they put you in.

Remeber this thread can be useful for racer showdown lobbies and turf lobbies, because idk how, but I've seen lobby jumpers in both, too. I have no idea how they do it.

Any questions? Post below.
    IVe got one big problem with this. You refering to players as victims. The multiplayer lobbies are NOT the turf war lobbies and do NOT follow the same guidelines. And to expect others to follow rules that arent there is stupid. The ratings brackets are not enforced in multiplayer lobbies and there are helpful warnings on the load screens even. This is not something that the devs have just neglected to "fix". This is the way it is because they chose it to be this way. The bottom line is if you make or accept a bet and lose without checking out your opponent then its your own fault. You should expect every car you race to be maxxed until you verify otherwise. THATS JUST COMMON SENSE. Lobby jumping is simply a strategy, its not a scam or an exploit. Think about this, the term "sleeper" is over 70 years old. And lobby jumpers use sleepers(the smart ones do) to take advantage of your laziness. Considering anyone can easily check a garage there isnt even deception involved. Its just taking a gamble that you wont bother to make an informed decision. STOP CALLING LOBBY JUMPING SCAMMING. USE YOUR HEAD AND CHECK GARAGES
    btw, you have never sean a lobby jumper in a turf or showdown lobby. And while im editing this, its poor taste to post another players car rating in chat. It just makes you look like the poor loser you are acting like.
  • james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
    You can't really just call lobby jumpers sleepers and draw correlations to real life. IRL, if you're caught weaseling your way into competing with a lower class than you should, you get DQ'd, docked event points, forfeit prizes, etc. Under no circumstance can you be outed by other racers and the official just say "you were too lazy to check his garage and scope out his other runs, your loss." If you're racing heads-up, that's another story. But the multiplayer lobby IS MATCHED BY RATING. The only heads up racing is the tournaments. Therefore, there should be some consequence to subverting the rating system to predominantly race cars rating lower than your own. Is it outright scamming? No, but it ruins gameplay, especially for newer players who think the multiplayer lobby works as advertised (not even counting pinks, just trying to make a bit of money and gain SC).

And looking through the garage? That's a horeshit thing to have to do, many players have dozens of cars and on many devices their garages can take entire minutes to load. And then it doesn't tell you which car in the garage is their current in the case of players with multiples of the same car (I do, and not for scamming reasons, but just because I like having different setups on the same car). Trying to say that doing this is something that is supposed to be done as a regular safeguard to not get raped by someone joining a lobby their car wasn't intended to compete in, is analogous to saying the game is supposed to suck ass and be no fun.
  • Running_GagRunning_Gag Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 28 Posts
    Someone else made this point on a different thread but i agree with it and I'll share it here. The biggest problem with lobby jumpers is that they prey on noobs. Noobs lose their cars, get discouraged, quit playing. Of course in my humble opinion lobby jumpers should be pitied and helped. its obvious they are jumping because they can't compete in their own class.
    There is simply no fun in being beat by someone because they brought in a car that's not rated for the lobby. I've never been "scammed" out of a car but it still ruins the experience. Similarly, I have no interest in using the technique myself. Its all about deception and involves no actual driver skill or tuning ability. That is not racing.
  • OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    what about seeing multiples of the same car, all painted the same color, all having the same rims and having various ratings. They bring the slow car to get some replays up, then get the out of lobby car to get people to pink when they think they have a lobby rated car. Is that a strategy? Yes. Do I agree with it? No. It's just deception as I see it and I just don't live my life like that. So why play a game like that?
    edited August 2015
    Those guys are the easy ones to spot. They run me 3 - 6 times in a car that's slow for the lobby. Once they start pinking, its pretty obvious they A: realized their car sucks and just want to give it to me because they are too ashamed to drive it anymore, or B: they jumped into an identical, much faster car. I go under the assumption that A doesn't happen too often.
  • Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
    That might have been the stupidest defense for lobby jumping I've ever heard. If you show up in a lobby full of civics with a damn zonda, that car is not a sleeper!! If you want to be a cheater, be a cheater, lord know glu doesn't care that your a cheater, but don't insult our intelligence with that bullshit logic.
  • CARBDRIFT1539CARBDRIFT1539 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 147 Posts
    @Holeshot9892 I agree its one thing to show up with a sleeper, its another thing to bring something completely out of the league.. i had brought my fully tuned Dart into the 1650 lobby, looking bonestock.. had tons of people trying to race me, i guess because it looked bonestock..
  • 1967ChevelleSS1967ChevelleSS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 82 Posts
    I've begun calling out lobby jumpers and will often just sit, observe, and avoid racing as I continue to let people in the lobby know. But I've also begun encouraging all racers in that lobby to begin calling out these scumbags. yesterday, I discovered a guy with a maxed out Acura TLX with over 1300 ftpd of torque sitting in a 1650 lobby trying to race pinks against a bunch of dudes in Honda Civics. I called him out repeatedly and he ended up sending me a private message threatening me before he left the lobby. I have no patience for these people who only care about themselves. I know a 15 year old kid who lost 3 cars and over $100K in RR dollars to scammers and this kid's Mom can not afford to give him any money for a game. Sad.
  • DOCDOC Registered Users 14 Posts
    Double accounts???? What & why would someone have double accts ???? Please help
    edited August 2015
    Here is what i do, I never challenge a person to race. In my opinion that's entrapment. I only get on the public lobby's for one thing, my win chore (50 win sponsor thing). If i get challenged, fine i accept, but never pink or money bet. This forces them to play your game, not you theirs. If they race fair, win or lose, good player, i leave them be. If the rating does not match, I do account for the +1 rating glitch some cars have, I look for 2 over. I will them write down the name, car , color and rating. I will then post them, as a warning. I don't race players, they wasted my time, I'll ruin their hunt. As i said before, Don't pink in the public lobby. Till the friend feature gets locked

Forgot to add, racing the bots is more stable than racing other players. Good for keeping sharp without the surprises, IE, quick or long lights
    edited September 2015
    james614 said:

You can't really just call lobby jumpers sleepers and draw correlations to real life. IRL, if you're caught weaseling your way into competing with a lower class than you should, you get DQ'd, docked event points, forfeit prizes, etc. Under no circumstance can you be outed by other racers and the official just say "you were too lazy to check his garage and scope out his other runs, your loss." If you're racing heads-up, that's another story. But the multiplayer lobby IS MATCHED BY RATING. The only heads up racing is the tournaments. Therefore, there should be some consequence to subverting the rating system to predominantly race cars rating lower than your own. Is it outright scamming? No, but it ruins gameplay, especially for newer players who think the multiplayer lobby works as advertised (not even counting pinks, just trying to make a bit of money and gain SC).

And looking through the garage? That's a horeshit thing to have to do, many players have dozens of cars and on many devices their garages can take entire minutes to load. And then it doesn't tell you which car in the garage is their current in the case of players with multiples of the same car (I do, and not for scamming reasons, but just because I like having different setups on the same car). Trying to say that doing this is something that is supposed to be done as a regular safeguard to not get raped by someone joining a lobby their car wasn't intended to compete in, is analogous to saying the game is supposed to suck ass and be no fun.

How is it weaseling when the opportunity is theres to check weight and torque. And if i have say a maxxed charger that has stock rims and paint and its purpose is for you to ASSUME its stock, then that is the very definition of a sleeper. In real life as you say you dont get to pop the hood in a street race enviroment. which you can liken to multi. while turf and showdown would be closer to the regulated events where you can be DQ'ed for unfair advantages. If you wanna follow showdown/turf rules then race in turf or showdown. Otherwise its naive to expect players too.
    btw- I dont condone in screwing the noobs out of their campaign cars and i think the guys that bring gt specs and the like into the basement lobbies then proceed to attempt to bully people into pinks thru chat or repeatedly throwing races are trash and what give jumping a bad rep.. But if im in the 50 and i see a car that CAN max at 56 im going to assume its a 56 until i look at it. and if im unsure then its a 56 until im shown its not. And if Im jumping im trying to appear in such a way that you wont feel a need to check me. Theres a right way and a wrong way to jump lobbies just like there is a right way and a wrong way to steal a car. OK, bad analogy lol
  • ThedarthyguestThedarthyguest Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,825 Posts
    Ive had this guy Try to steal my old gt350 with his stella he lied about his rating I could tell because his tq was not stock as he said it was He then called me Stuff and blocked me

That might have been the stupidest defense for lobby jumping I've ever heard. If you show up in a lobby full of civics with a damn zonda, that car is not a sleeper!! If you want to be a cheater, be a cheater, lord know glu doesn't care that your a cheater, but don't insult our intelligence with that bullshit logic.

Thats not what i was talking about and you know it. Thats a noob lobby jumping and if you cant spot that guy then you deserve to lose you civic. At no point in time did i make any reference to bringing r class and up against d classes. quit bitching when my point is proven by the warning on the load screen and the fact they have never removed the join button in multi.
    DOC said:

Double accounts???? What & why would someone have double accts ???? Please help

They use zeros and capitol Os and similer tricks to dub accounts the run the same avi and have stock cars on one account and maxxed cars on another. That is cheating in my opinion as you cant even look at the multiple cars in the garage and you have no idea the dup account exists until they swap them out in the lobby
  • 1967ChevelleSS1967ChevelleSS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 82 Posts
    I've heard enough of this bull shit that the victim "deserves to lose" their car! What kind of ethics is that?! Using that logic, if your mother or sister or grandmother is too weak to fight off the attacker then she/they deserve to get raped. Really? Or if your grandparents are stupid enough to get conned out of all of their saving and retirement then they "deserved" to get cheated. You want to argue that point? I'm certain if either of these things happened to a family member, you wouldn't hold to that line of thinking. Just because one can con or cheat or scam somebody, even in a game, doesn't make it right and acceptable. New players don't always know what cars are the fastest and about ratings - that doesn't mean they "deserve" to get scammed or cheated. So instead of blaming the victim, put the responsibility back on the jumpers. Why do people jump lobbies: a) to give them an unfair advantage so they can win; b) boost their street cred; c) win more money; d) win pinks races and scam more cars from unsuspecting victims, or e) protect yourself when trading cars incase the other person is a scammer so you don't lose a car you value. You don't need to jump lobbies to race friends, pick a car with similar rating! So the majority of reasons for jumping involve the desire for an unfair advantage. Thus I can't understand why anyone with a conscience or any sense of values or fairness would defend this practice. If you want to defend this practice, pass along the number to your grandparents, I have a bridge I want to sell them!