Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

No Compensation from CIE

ahin1984ahin1984 Registered Users 249 Posts
So a couple weeks ago I lost a mil on my account when doing a deal and so did the other guy on his end. He is on the legit lis and I have done deals with him before so he isn't just telling this. Anyways after the bets were made the awesome your account has been updated popped up. After restarting I had lost a mil and so did the other guy. I sent a ticket to CIE and this is the response I got back.
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Racing Rivals Support!

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with Racing Rivals.

It sounds as if at some point while playing the game you were disconnected from our servers so any progress made was not being recorded properly. So when you go to make a purchase our servers detect a data mismatch because what we show on our side no longer matches what you have on your end. To resolve that, it needs to restart. Upon restart, the game loaded a previous save state. This would mean any levels gained or money or gems spent or earned would not have been recorded, you simply revert back to a previous point with the gems/cars/cash you had at the time.

Unfortunately we will be unable to restore any losses due to this as we have no record of what occurred.

While we do our best to make sure our servers are running optimally, sometimes latency and connection issues can be caused by a variety or reasons outside of our control.

Signal strength alone is only an indicator of how strong the signal is between your device and the network you are on. After that your network bandwidth and speed can have various performance statuses depending on factors such as your location, distance between you and our servers, network traffic, and how the resources of your device are being used.

Here are some suggestions to help reduce latency on your end.

1. Reduce the number of Applications running on your Device
2. Try and play from a spot where your signal is strongest
3. Reduce location movement (i.e. Walking around, playing while in a moving vehicle)
4. Make sure the antenna on your device is unobstructed
5. Make sure you are using the latest version of the App (Updates can be made through the app store/Google Play)
6. Try closing the Racing Rivals app down completely and then restart launch it
7. Make sure your device's OS is up to date
8. Make sure your date, time and time zone are correct on your device
9. Check your device restrictions
10. Check and verify that you're in range of a Wi-Fi router or base station. If you're on a device with cellular service, make sure that cellular data is turned on
11. Try resetting (turn off and on) your wireless router

Another issue could be port forwarding.

On iOS we currently support 4 ports for race lobby connectivity. 80, 8080, 443 and 9339.

Android is limited to port 443 only.

If these ports are not open on your firewall or by your cellular provider, then you will not be able to connect to the race lobby. Check your firewall configuration and try running without Wifi if you cannot open one of these ports.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Racing Rivals Support

So I basically lost 100 dollars out of my pocket due to their bugs and will not be getting compensated

Comments

• Options
    NiNja da HatchieNiNja da Hatchie Registered Users 715 Posts
    Everything will be settled in due time, my friend. Let them finish up with the final perks of this (im sure to be) amazing update fix! Wouldn't do much good for people to be compensated for anything if none of the bugs are fixed first. I've lost my fair share of goods myself, so I'm right there with ya. We just have to be patient, its all we can do at the moment.
  • Options
    KaptinBoxxiKaptinBoxxi Registered Users 161 Posts
    no one deserves "compensation" for what's going on lately. You have all been warned at least once a week if not more about the bugs and you all choose to run big anyway. Bugs happen, and I think you can hold off on big races until the update arrives
  • Options
    Im being patient with them to see what happens but after i saw this email i was like WTF. Oh well life goes on
  • Options
    KingPin007KingPin007 Registered Users 72 Posts
    Man this has happened a lot to me too. I hate waiting the 10-12 days and finally seeing a response from Cie and getting excited just to see the dam auto response above.hopefully in due time it will work out
  • Options
    NiNja da HatchieNiNja da Hatchie Registered Users 715 Posts
    Think of it like this though, you are actually able to play. You would be surprised at the amount of people whom haven't been able to play the game since the update dropped. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    PM a link to this thread and the email address you used. I want to look into this
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts
    So let me get this straight you were in a $1 Million dollar race and there was a background deal through PayPal where someone was receiving United States Dollars I'm assuming. to begin with, you are both taking an extremely big risk. $1 millionvirtual currency is on sale in the game. It costs $100 USD. If you are trying to get better deals on $1 Million virtual currency and are riskin goin through a third party, you run the risk of being scammed or some type of bug somehow happening. Basically all I can tell you is to spread the word to not buy and sell virtual currency through PayPal and instead go through the in game system.

I would like for you to please spread this word and to please take me seriously because I am tired of posting the same thing over and over. I believe when you log in the game it clearly states that Player-to-Player trades are unsupported; so when you do a player-to-player trade(instead of buyin from the authorized shop), you run an estimated 80% risk of being scammed in some way shape or form.

If you don't have real money just get a job or ask someone for money. Or play the game free. The game is free. You don't have to spend real money on the game.

Finally I'm going to recommend to never spend gems on repairing cars or installing parts. Only spend gems on cars from the dealership.

Finally again, whoever paid the money in PayPal can get their money back by claimin to PayPal that they never received a product.

Also there is no way to verify on either side who won or lost the money. Sounds fishy to me.
  • Options
    CRXBOICRXBOI Registered Users 491 Posts
    Screen shots, date and time also who you raced helps when sending in a ticket. They can't just go off your word and search for it on their own.
  • Options
    not sure if i got screenshots because we have done deals before but mistake on my part should have done it. It was QPDKDHATDB. I believe he also sent in a ticket and has a post about this under the ios bug section
    I