Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

can someone explain to me the lobby placement

boostjunkie92boostjunkie92 Registered Users 124 Posts
so for the most part the cars in the lobbies seem even but every once in awhile ill match up against someone that's 1-2 whole seconds faster than everyone else, i cant really chop this up to a 50 hp boost either. whats the deal?

also what mods do and dont cause me to change lobbies? is there a set hp increase amount that governs the lobby placement?

Comments

• Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    Ok so how u are getting people 1-2s faster is because they "joined they're fried" secondly the way the lobbies work is a with the cars rating ex..1614-1619 could be a lobby it's not it's just an example
  • Options
    i found a couple of threads and im starting to understand the way cars get placed. I dont understand the join a friend feature, maybe its different for IOS but on android i have only seen the opportunity to "join a friend" once, but once i changed cars the option was no longer available
  • Options
    CRXBOICRXBOI Registered Users 491 Posts
    The "join" feature is available to any player either: Android or iOS. Too access this feature click on a friend you would like to join. It will appear in the bottom right hand corner. She is a green button that you will be able to click. Now if they are in the garage the option will not be there. So they have to be in a room to join.
  • Options
    fLiPpiNfiDdYsfLiPpiNfiDdYs Registered Users 109 Posts
    Thank you for this post.. I don't know how to post a 'topic' but I been wondering this same thing about lobby placement., I've lost 2 10.3 second civics to races I feel I should have won so I kinda feel disadvantaged opposing people who understand lobby placement in tandem with vehicle tune.. I have an eclipse rated like.. 1652 running 10.5 ish, and it seems no matter how much I upgrade any vehicle, the lobby always has me with people slightly more upgraded than me.. And about the friend thing., I added someone I didn't know, just to try joining their lobby.. Did not get a join lobby button nor was I put in their lobby when I hit 'race'.. I'm sure I just don't understand some things
  • Options
    HausIsBossHausIsBoss Registered Users 248 Posts
    Worst part of the game is join friend button. Between turf the rooms are full of join friend scammers looking to poach a car from you. That's why they are faster. They watch ur time the usually will sand bag the first race or 2 then they annoy u til u pink the will lose four or five some times til u pink. Then they smoke u. If u watch closely u can see the slow down and let u go by.
  • Options
    you would think that the devs are smarter than that lol its an obvious loophole
  • Options
    BullittSN95BullittSN95 Registered Users 34 Posts
    What burns me most is Class A cars sitting within a track full of class Ds and Cs. I just decline their races unless I'm just looking for perfect shift money. Even then, I'm more inclined to decline unless I'm curious as to what their ride looks like.
  • Options
    Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    man this post is retarded. 7 to 9 that separate rooms. 1647 to 1649 will find you different rooms. 1657 to 1659 will get you new rooms. The trick is to upgrade and detune the car while entering race lobbies. Change a part then enter a room. Test out the your times and room times. Keep proceeding intill you have test n tune car properly to enter the right lobbie. To be honest it's fun but if you are ever going to be fast in this game you gotta go max tune and learn how to drive max tunes not half ass tunes. Each car has different hp to weight ratios changing the range to a 1647 to 1649 rooms. You can enter a 1648 room with a 1644 making you the slowest
  • Options
    ghettocandymanghettocandyman Registered Users 3 Posts
    I have wondered this, my viper and frs was always in some room caled d005 and if I lost a few times on purpose I could enter d669 and basically fuk up everyone Until of course I got placed in some other one and raced for pinks and lost my cars Now I only have a maxed out foxbody and haven't won anything
  • Options
    Its fun minus the 6 hour install times
  • Options
    RaneRane Registered Users 59 Posts
    So no one has a list of lobbies? The ranks needed 4 them?
  • Options
    RaneRane Registered Users 59 Posts
    Bump, someone plz answer
  • Options
    ILLWIZEILLWIZE Registered Users 11 Posts
    How to join your team in same lobby Is to have the same car rating. Also, there is a way to find shift points when to shift at max hp. This also helps you to run a better time, hince max hp. Many people dont understand that. There plenty of articles on this topic, but its up to you to perform like a pro. Hope this helps you understand alittle bit more.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    So, I can't tell you all exactly how it works... but it is not... repeat... NOT based on car rating. The calculation for determining which lobby you get into just ends up looking like its based on ratings. So whenever you say something like. my car rating is 1629 so I should be in a 1629 room, that is not how it works. You just end up in a room that looks like its around 1629 because most of the cars that end up in there are around 1629. However, that isn't why you're all in there.

Second, in normal race rooms, yes, you can join friends. Does that make it a bit unfair at times, yeah I suppose, but you just need to be vigilant in who you race in that room. Just think of it as real street drag racing... you never really know whats going on under your opponent's hood.

As for Turf Rooms, you can't join friends. So the playing field should be even.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    And turf is the best way to go if you're looking for pinks!
  • Options
    protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts
    The trick is having a good car that is tuned right in a lobby. Now get yourself familiar with the classes. Let's say you have the fastest D class car fully modded a tC. You will be places in a lobby where you will be beaten by nearly everone in it. B, C, class cars will send you races. Decline them ALL, they are guaranteed losses. Decline all races even from 1992 civic si. Only race other tCs. I am extremely talented at shifting and will rarely lose to the same exact car. So basically if there are 20 cars in a lobby you can tactically find out befor the race if you are goin to win lose and even if they will accept.

The problem with this system for me is that, it's a old rule from Nitto Legends and V1, only race the same car as you and don't take your car to the track until its got the best setup in it. As soon as I enter the race screen I am flooded with races from B class cars. You have to decline all of them. It's just not fun to look for minutes for a race. So that's why I think they should change the lobbies up a bit and at least separate them by class. But anyway. Yeah you can tell before the race if your going to win or lose and sometimes even if they'll accept or not. If you send tC to tC they will accept. Those Civic Sis just find a way to beat the tC. Civic Si probably the best car to have in this game. BMW M3 GT2, stock, only Stage 3 weight reduction mods. It will have like 500 hp and weigh like 1950 pounds. It's R class they'll put you in lobbies with like, B, C, a, no other Rs. Just decline RX7s, and you can beat everyone else. This is a pretty good game. I like to play for maybe 10-20 minutes then go back to garage and pay cash to fix the car which costs like $2000 in R class max. and like $30 in D class. then it takes anywhere from 1-24 hours to repair. Just wait it out. anyway try that out. and don't bet just race for funs and let your money pile. It's pretty fun. Of course if you are blessed enough with money to spare to spend it on Gems and Cash from the in game shop! It must be nice
  • Options
    Rallypig31Rallypig31 Registered Users 28 Posts
    I agree with ryyst, I read all of these posts on room caps and such but by going by that list it didnt work...just recently in a turf war day I had a car at 1638...where if you go by these so called room caps I would be about in a 1639 room...I kept losing so i kept upgrading little by little a few parts later im 1639 1640 1641 but still in the same room. Yet at 1641 I was a little faster but still losing. But I did notice that all the cars in that room were running within .5 sec +/- of each other. Im not saying turf tunes dont exist but its trying to find that tune that will get you to run fast in that room without jumping to the next And yes the friend join is annoying. Hey ill join a d room, you go get your stella or maxed evo and lets run for pinks....1 of many scams. Leechers who add anyone attempting to get faster cars in slower rooms (im constantly defriending people) or the classic i got my maxed evo in a skow room ill run crappy times constantly race the same person till he challenges for pinks then mysteriously goes from 10-11 sec to 8.